Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Anyone try the 350EVO short shifter yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:58 AM
LivyathanZero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running the 350evo shifter with Nismo Titanium shift **** in my 04 G35 6MT for maybe 6 months now and haven't had any trouble. there is a rattle on hard acceleration over 5K in the cabin but oh well. as poizon said, barely tight and red loc-tite. I overtightened it at first and shifting was very difficult. so I adjusted that and it's great.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Poizon

Default 350 evo shifter

Fairlady, I strongly believe your mechanics out there suck! Unless your bearings are smashed ( you cant turn the shifter around the bearing smooth )
Your mechanic tightened the bolt more than finger tight or he let the locktight dry and still used a wrench even though he told you different.

I really think when you have the time, get the shifter installed again ; and you get under the car and do it yourself. Once the shifter is installed its easy to make the adjustment especially if the car is in the air and not on stands.

Do what I said in my instructions. If the locktight dries before you get it finger tight you have to start over with a clean bolt. You must be able to feel finger tight. ( 5 lbs ) I know for a fact if your bearings are not crushed, which I seriously doubt they are; the mechanic did not do what you told him.

I hate to see you miss out on a great shifter! I do not believe the shifter is picky about which Z it is in.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:00 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by Poizon
Fairlady, I strongly believe your mechanics out there suck! Unless your bearings are smashed ( you cant turn the shifter around the bearing smooth )
Your mechanic tightened the bolt more than finger tight or he let the locktight dry and still used a wrench even though he told you different.

I really think when you have the time, get the shifter installed again ; and you get under the car and do it yourself. Once the shifter is installed its easy to make the adjustment especially if the car is in the air and not on stands.

Do what I said in my instructions. If the locktight dries before you get it finger tight you have to start over with a clean bolt. You must be able to feel finger tight. ( 5 lbs ) I know for a fact if your bearings are not crushed, which I seriously doubt they are; the mechanic did not do what you told him.

I hate to see you miss out on a great shifter! I do not believe the shifter is picky about which Z it is in.

Poizon ... thanks for your feedback. I think I have found the ultimate tuning shop IMO. They will be doing my 3.917 final drive change perhaps together with an LSD .. maybe OS Giken. They will also be doing my EVO350 adjustable arms change which I am about to order. I might give them a 3rd try with the EVO350 shifter. This would be a record of some sorts.

Stay in touch, my old friend. Wish I could visit you in Vegas.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Poizon

evo shifter is the fastest and smoothest shifter available. Follow my instructions and you wont be sorry