Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

The Wonderful World of the VQ35DE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Blympie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Wonderful World of the VQ35DE

Maybe its just me here but I cant find many products for internals for this engine. Its really starting to **** me off. How much longer will it take for other compaines to come out with internals. I mean I know of all the usual stuff. Je pistons, Pauter Rods. Come on I want a bigger rod selection and more piston selection. Where the hell are the crankshafts too. The only one I have seen is the Nismo. Any help finding more products for good prices would be greatly appriciated. I guess simply put I want more than one or two choices for everything. Otherwise if someone knows the exact specs on the pistons or the rods and crankshaft if you could post them so I could check to see if anyone else has the product just not listed for the 350Z.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rods: Pauter, Carillo (A-Beam and H-Beam), Crower
Pistons: Arias, JE, Nismo (JE), CP Racing, Espirit
Cams: Tomei, JWT, Nismo, can't think of any others.

http://www.hopupracing.com/
http://www.sgpracing.com/
http://www.i-m-racing.com/
http://www.z1auto.com/

Crower makes custom crankshafts. AEBS makes a crankshaft but it's for the stroker kit. As well as JUN.

Also:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=48487
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Blympie

Outta all those dude all there is is still just two choices.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Blympie
Outta all those dude all there is is still just two choices.
Why is that?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

BTW, seriously don't think you'll need to upgrade the crankshaft. It's good for over 1400hp (Performance Motorsports' (see bluefish on here) 350Z (fastest 350Z with VQ35DE so far) is running over 1400hp on stock: crankshaft, intake plenum, and only Darton liners (ran an 8.3)).
Old 02-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Blympie

Thanks thats actually a big big help. Here is what I was acutually looking for. I know for most cars you can pick up eagle rods for pretty cheap. They are great rods but I havent seen them yet. Also I am partial to Wiseco pistons. I mean I would be unpartial to anything if I could find a combo for around 1500. Its not that they make a bad product just those two compaines sell generally for less.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Blympie

Oh btw if you actually look at all those links the only choices I have for 8.5:1 compression ratio are Nismo and Arias I have never heard of Arias. I mean I know Je is floating around somewhere just I cant find it. Z1-Performance has the most amazing N/A Choices I have seen but just not enough choices are out I guess. Maybe I am being a little too picky.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Blympie

One last thing I am not trying to stroke my engine so do you know exactly how long the rods are stock. I am building my engine to hold a bit of boost. I am looking to make it .020 over. I havent seen .020 over pistons yet either. Dont know if I am just looking in the wrong places or if its just not actually out there yet.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

It's out there. Arias pistons come in ANY compression ratio you want and can be coated with anything you want before they ship it to you (at an extra price). Arias 8.6:1 CR are .020 over. JE...just email them, I emailed them a while back and they told me that I could order through them, but it would cost more than me going to a local dealer, so check a local JE dealer.

I don't know how long the stock rods are, sorry.

You can get Arias pistons and Pauter rods through Sharif (gq_626) for $1790 shipped. With Crower rods you have to machine them a little bit to get them to clear.

I forgot about Wiseco. Yes, I believe they do make a VQ35DE application, contact them and find out for sure. If not, i'm sure they could custom make them.

Eagle rods, haven't seem them in use yet, so i'm not sure if they have an application either. But, like I said with Wiseco, just contact Eagle and see what they can do. Most of these companies can do custom pistons/rods fairly easily.

Another set of pistons are SGP Racing, they are pricey, but SGP Racing is a great company.

And one more set of pistons is XT-Pro, pretty reasonably priced.

Here's CP pistons and Crower rods:

Here's Arias pistons and Pauter rods on bottom, stock rods and pistons on top:

Last edited by nis350ztt; 02-15-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Blympie, Nismo pretty much sumed it up.

For a car that has only been on the market a couple of years, I think there is a tremdendous selection of forged engine internals on the market.

As stated, the crank shaft is incredibly strong, and would be last thing I would consider upgraded.

One thing on rods and pistons. Talk to 10 different engine builders or tuners, and you will get 10 different responses as to what is the best rod and piston combo.

Pretty much all of the major companies make quality product, and you can custom specific certainly elements of the piston design. Contact me if you need some more information on this.

Hth,

Sharif
Old 02-15-2005, 01:25 PM
SR20DEN

Eagle rods are on the way and may aready be out. I emailed them several months agoand got a positive response.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
DSport G35

Wiseco makes 8.8.1 .020 over and they are off the shelf.

nis350tt - i could have sworn that i read on another post that Wiseco makes SGP's pistons(SGP's specs of course)? has any one else heard of this?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by DSport G35
Wiseco makes 8.8.1 .020 over and they are off the shelf.

nis350tt - i could have sworn that i read on another post that Wiseco makes SGP's pistons(SGP's specs of course)? has any one else heard of this?
No clue.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Znitro

You stole the photo of my piston rod combo.... hehe

Znitro

Originally posted by nis350ztt
It's out there. Arias pistons come in ANY compression ratio you want and can be coated with anything you want before they ship it to you (at an extra price). Arias 8.6:1 CR are .020 over. JE...just email them, I emailed them a while back and they told me that I could order through them, but it would cost more than me going to a local dealer, so check a local JE dealer.

I don't know how long the stock rods are, sorry.

You can get Arias pistons and Pauter rods through Sharif (gq_626) for $1790 shipped. With Crower rods you have to machine them a little bit to get them to clear.

I forgot about Wiseco. Yes, I believe they do make a VQ35DE application, contact them and find out for sure. If not, i'm sure they could custom make them.

Eagle rods, haven't seem them in use yet, so i'm not sure if they have an application either. But, like I said with Wiseco, just contact Eagle and see what they can do. Most of these companies can do custom pistons/rods fairly easily.

Another set of pistons are SGP Racing, they are pricey, but SGP Racing is a great company.

And one more set of pistons is XT-Pro, pretty reasonably priced.

Here's CP pistons and Crower rods:

Here's Arias pistons and Pauter rods on bottom, stock rods and pistons on top:
Old 02-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Znitro
You stole the photo of my piston rod combo.... hehe

Znitro

It's the only pic we have that is specifically for the VQ35DE.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

we have many parts listed as well as new parts out of the new 300hp vq engine....
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...?cPath=153_174
Old 02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Blympie

Nothing against your company just a little pricy for me as well as the discripstion is really vague. As I posted earlier I am looking for something in the neighborhood of 1500-1800 for rods and pistons. I will find them just not this month.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Blympie
Nothing against your company just a little pricy for me as well as the discripstion is really vague. As I posted earlier I am looking for something in the neighborhood of 1500-1800 for rods and pistons. I will find them just not this month.
I don't think you are going to be able to get rods and pistons for less than 1820, that's the cheapest I have found. Pauter rods and Arias pistons.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Blympie

As soon as I find eagle rods and wiseco pistons you bet I could find them under 1800. I have already seen a set for under 1900. Like you have posted. I can buy a set for 1950 out here at my local shop. Give it a month or two and there will be some discounts. The more competition on the market usually the better the price. Look at Ford and Camaro Stuff. You can buy a crate engine putting out close to 400hp and 390 ft lbs of torque for 2200. Kinda sick ehh. I am starting to agree with the guy who said Fast and Furious jacked up the prices of our JDM parts.