Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 11:51 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->

ok so here are the parts i ordered (all nissan accessories in japan)... the only ones not included in this shipment are the clear reflectors and then titanium clear door mirrors...

here is what did come in:

luggage space seperation net
sport horns
foot well light (pair)
Amber illumination (driver and passenger seats)
front airdam finisher..

i already installed the luggage space net and the air dam finisher... (which is the thing on the lemans Z in the best motoring video)

pics included below..

m
Attached Thumbnails Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->-japanparts-001-small-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 11:53 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

car with airdam finisher...
(excuse dirty car..hasnt left garage in a few days..)
Attached Thumbnails Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->-japanparts-004-small-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 11:54 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

oops.. here is what it looked like before (i am sure you have all seen enough DB track pics )
Attached Thumbnails Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->-japanparts-002-small-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 11:55 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

here is a side shot after install...

m

ps.. i will get the rest installed when i dust my japanese off... and figure out how to install them
Attached Thumbnails Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->-japanparts-003-small-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 11:57 AM
WashUJon

I wanna hear those horns! Post some sound files after you mount them, please!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

ha! that last one looked like a photoshop of the previous...

here is a closeup i just grabbed...

m
Attached Thumbnails Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->-dsc00379-small-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 12:00 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! How long did the items take to get to you from the time you ordered? What exactly are Titanium Clear door mirrors?

BTW, Are you still aving Earthing kits made? If so, please PM me details; I'm interested in ordering a set.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:29 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm, well I just rubbed my bumper on the curb... so how much did that "finisher" cost you, and what is its purpose? does it just sorta install over the stock rod thingy?
Old 11-19-2002, 01:25 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by VQracer
Looks good Michael.

Can you explain what the titanium clear door mirrors is?

ares, here's the pricelist from japanparts.com

http://www.japanparts.com/NissanPart...3/exterior.htm

Thanks,
Victor

Oh yeah get pics of the lights when you are done please.

i dont know what they are, thats why i ordered them! they seem to be removed ferom japanparts.com now.... i sent graham an email about it anyway... i will see what he says.

i got the lighting kits figured out... i will install tonight, if not, then tomorrow morning..

i want to put the horns in, but since its easiest to do it with bumper off, i will wait for clear corners to get here before i install them.

oh yeah... the bulbs on the illumination kits are replaceable... you can put any color you want, or put on those light condoms..

m
Old 11-19-2002, 08:21 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

here is a pic of the amber illumination kit.

it basically is 2 3W bulbs (1 under each seat). it is wired into the "illumination" of the car, and turns on with either light switch setting (parking, or headlights).

it does not have to be on all the time... there is a push button switch which can enable or disable it. this switch is put on the front side of the center console cubby.

the pictures dont do it justice... its freaking awesome!

took 30 minutes to install, i would recommend to anyone with some extra money and taste

m

i left some crap on the floor, so it would show the brightness...
Attached Thumbnails Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->-dsc00382-small-.jpg  
Old 11-19-2002, 08:47 PM
ares
Veteran

isnt there already a light under there? when I unlock the car the under dash area on both sides glows I thought.... couldnt you just tap into that and put a switch on it?
Old 11-19-2002, 08:50 PM
ares
Veteran

oh ok, thats not a bad price at all... but still. Im lost, is its purpose totally asthetic? its just the center bar correct? doesnt extend any farther, or lower? does it replace the center bar? is it real carbon fiber as it appears?

just trying to justify the 200$ as more than asthetics and a way to cover up my messed up parking job today.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:36 PM
InternetABYSS

looks sweet cant wait to see it in person
Old 11-19-2002, 09:37 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by ares
isnt there already a light under there? when I unlock the car the under dash area on both sides glows I thought.... couldnt you just tap into that and put a switch on it?
there are no lights under there. why would nissan have an accessory if there was?

oh ok, thats not a bad price at all... but still. Im lost, is its purpose totally asthetic? its just the center bar correct? doesnt extend any farther, or lower? does it replace the center bar? is it real carbon fiber as it appears?

just trying to justify the 200$ as more than asthetics and a way to cover up my messed up parking job today.
it carbon fiber look.. not real carbon fiber. its hard to tell even pretty close up. it is not tape, it is like a cover for the center bar. does not extend in any direction... just covers the normal body colored bar.

m
Old 11-19-2002, 09:42 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

also, to make it clear...

there are 2 kits.

one is for illumination, which you can turn on whenever at least the parking lights are on. this is what is pictured above.

the other is footwell lamps. these turn on whenever the doors are open. it follows the same characteristics as the room lamp, except it has no toggle switch... it does tie into the "Auto-off" feature, though...

i am in the process of installing these now... the japanese instructions (more specifically the wiring diagrams) dont jive with the service manual for the US car. i am actually in the garage rigt now waiting for the 30 min timer to go off, to verify i have the battery saver wire correct

m
Old 11-19-2002, 09:46 PM
ares
Veteran

ahhh, now the tough question 200$ for this fake carbon fiber over lay.... or spring the 600 or so $$$ for the nismo front end. and maybe get the carbon fiber diffusor as well....

I think thats 600$ each right? never mind off topic, Im gonna start a thread on that question.

I do want the horns tho, and need to get the cargo net, is it cheaper from there vs from a nissan dealer?
Old 11-19-2002, 11:39 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

footwell lights installed also...

took some time to cross reference the japanese instructions with the US wiring. it all works great now... the lights are on a timer, and dim about 15 sec after you close the door. i know the room lamp is programmable via the consult-ii, so i might pay the dealership a visit to program my room light to 15 sec.

all and all it is a very nice combo (the light kits). adds some ameneties that nissan just didnt include to us americans .

m

oh yeah... the titanium mirrors wont fit US cars. i am guess its because the RHD v. LHD issue, and which mirror is "closer than they appear".... oh well, that some more money i can spend elsewhere
Old 11-20-2002, 09:03 AM
zPilott

That is too bad, if the mirror wont fit. I wanted to get the "closer than they appear" mirror for the drivers side, maybe help with the visibility a bit.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:58 AM
z461

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
footwell lights installed also...

took some time to cross reference the japanese instructions with the US wiring. it all works great now... the lights are on a timer, and dim about 15 sec after you close the door. i know the room lamp is programmable via the consult-ii, so i might pay the dealership a visit to program my room light to 15 sec.

all and all it is a very nice combo (the light kits). adds some ameneties that nissan just didnt include to us americans .

m

oh yeah... the titanium mirrors wont fit US cars. i am guess its because the RHD v. LHD issue, and which mirror is "closer than they appear".... oh well, that some more money i can spend elsewhere
How hard is it to install those two light sets? Could you do a quick type up of how you did it? Also any pictures of the footwell lights?
Old 11-20-2002, 10:02 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by z461
How hard is it to install those two light sets? Could you do a quick type up of how you did it? Also any pictures of the footwell lights?
the instructions are really good... just the wire tap locations need to be changed. when (IF!!) anyone gets these kits, i will type something up.

m

Quick Reply: Box from JapanParts.com arrives... wait, christmas is next month!!! pics inside ->