Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Amuse System...21.5 RWHP, I want one (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 10:06 AM
LiquidZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehehe
worse....

Look at these figures:

[Stock]
260ps = 256.44hp

[w/ exhause]
282.4ps = 278.53

can't find torque conversion info, but I don't think these numbers are right. But it does result in a gain of about 22hp at the fly wheel.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:23 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares
is it just me or does their Z has 260hp stock? are they measuring flywheel HP? and of so, arent they about 27hp low?

something seems wierd with that dyno.
It's not just you! Dyno looks phoney as drunk Santa Claus. Row HP for the Z is around 244 I guess. And that's where red chart should be. Where the hell 260 came from? Did they just draw that dyno themselfs from scratch?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:21 PM
TJZ

There are different "hp" units. Maybe this could account for the difference?
Old 11-21-2002, 04:59 PM
jran76

Originally posted by TCL
If this is true the car will fail inspection in certain states that look for visual modifications to the emissions components (pre-cats in this case).
I think the exhaust will be a dead give away as to if it is modded, have you seen the muffler. Most places would not know that there are precats on the y-pipe, many car makers do not use this.... But, you are right if a visual inspection is part of the test, I think ANY exuast system will fail. One other thing, all aftermarket y-pipes will eliminate the precats, not just the amuse, that is the only way to gain substanial power.....
Old 11-21-2002, 05:12 PM
^Tyr

remember that there are different types of dynos. i dont know much about it but i know they measure in different ways. in other words this may not be S.A.E. hp... may be some differnt scale... anyone know mroe about dynos?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:31 PM
TJZ

Originally posted by jran76
I think the exhaust will be a dead give away as to if it is modded, have you seen the muffler. Most places would not know that there are precats on the y-pipe, many car makers do not use this.... But, you are right if a visual inspection is part of the test, I think ANY exuast system will fail. One other thing, all aftermarket y-pipes will eliminate the precats, not just the amuse, that is the only way to gain substanial power.....
I'm glad i live in FL where there are no emissions tests .

Last edited by TJZ; 11-21-2002 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:02 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume this was done in japan, which means at or above sea level, so if they didnt correct it, it would be lower, not higher. as for different types. it would never be off by that much. the conversion was given. 255hp or so, thats a loss of 32hp, well under 15%, something no one has reproduced so far on the Z.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:35 PM
roberto350z

thats right..the HP units are different. 260 flywheel makes sense. Dont they call it PS? I dont know.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:27 PM
webcarconnection

For one thing, I believe that in Japan don't use Cats, because dont have a law to control Emission(thats what I heard) maybe thats why the Stock HP is higher than us, and thats way the Y pipe of the Amuse System began in the end of the headers(you can see the angle in the Y pipe, that angle do not exist in the Stock Y pipe) In others words if you see the Z rigth under you can see that you have:
Header, Connector, Cats in line, Connector, stock Y pipe and connector.
In my opinion I don't know if that Y pipe is for the States
Maybe I all wrong, I dont know!

Last edited by webcarconnection; 11-21-2002 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:38 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your right, then if you removed the cats, and did this exhaust we would gain over 40hp (final setup would be the same right)..... seems a tad unbelievable.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:33 PM
LiquidZee

ugh ppl, read my post up top

260PS translate to 254hp!!!!!
and the

282ps translates to 274HP!!!!!
GRRRRR.....
Old 11-22-2002, 02:36 AM
TCL

Originally posted by jran76
If I interpret the epa the regulations correctly, you are allowed to modify the exhaust system components that are after the catalytic converter (hence the name cat-back exhaust). Doing things to the exhaust before the converter like removing O2 sensors or pre-cats can affect emissions, so that's the area they would check on a visual inspection.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:05 AM
^Tyr

tcl please remeber that epa stuff is still state to state
in Indiana we have nothing, no visiual. no checkup, no emissions test,, notta

and in japan thier emissions are more stringent than they are here even in the states that do test. so how do they get away w/ no cats etc? 1. higher octane gasoline over there they get 105 and such.. which is another reason for the higher hp on a high compression NA motor 2. futher refinement of thier products for thier domestic product they tune thier stuff differently over there

so this may just be the case with the Z we'll have to wait and zee
Old 11-22-2002, 10:39 AM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by ^Tyr
tcl please remeber that epa stuff is still state to state
in Indiana we have nothing, no visiual. no checkup, no emissions test,, notta

and in japan thier emissions are more stringent than they are here even in the states that do test. so how do they get away w/ no cats etc? 1. higher octane gasoline over there they get 105 and such.. which is another reason for the higher hp on a high compression NA motor 2. futher refinement of thier products for thier domestic product they tune thier stuff differently over there

so this may just be the case with the Z we'll have to wait and zee
You have a good point, but I notice today that we have two Cats sensors(for OBD II) that goes in between of the cats in line, the Amuse Y pipe do not have any hole to put that Cats sensors. thats why I asume that in Japan have NO cats!
But yes in Japan and Europe the gas is 100+.

We need someone that represents Amuse, to ask a few Questions!
Old 11-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by webcarconnection
You have a good point, but I notice today that we have two Cats sensors(for OBD II) that goes in between of the cats in line, the Amuse Y pipe do not have any hole to put that Cats sensors. thats why I asume that in Japan have NO cats!
But yes in Japan and Europe the gas is 100+.

We need someone that represents Amuse, to ask a few Questions!
Give me a list of questions, and I will forward them to my distributor for clarification.

-Jeremy
Old 11-22-2002, 04:24 PM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by Monkey Man
Give me a list of questions, and I will forward them to my distributor for clarification.

-Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy!

1) The System Eliminates all cats?(with the Y pipe)
2) Where to put the Cats sensors?
For now this are my Questions
Any one else?
Old 11-22-2002, 04:40 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by Monkey Man

-Jeremy
is the 21hp gain from the entire system?

what gains from the y-pipe only?
Old 11-23-2002, 01:50 AM
roberto350z

Default !

nevermind...answered my own question. The muffer setup gives an increase in 11 HP, and then the y pipe ads another 10 hp. I suspect that the y-pipe will do less than that as a stand alone item. Its only worth os to buy the whole system. Woooo hooo, 311 HP at the flywheel.

add CAI 8p= 320hp (flywheel)

then, assuming that this system was run without retuning the ECU, I will say that an ECU tune will take us to 330-340hp at the flywheel. Sweet!

Add underdrive pulley, headers and a port and polish, were looking at potentially 350hp at the flywheel. Am I being optimistic....hope not, cuz those numbers are AWESOME!

Youre gonna eat **** M3!
Old 11-23-2002, 05:56 AM
webcarconnection

Default Re: !

Originally posted by roberto350z
nevermind...answered my own question. The muffer setup gives an increase in 11 HP, and then the y pipe ads another 10 hp. I suspect that the y-pipe will do less than that as a stand alone item. Its only worth os to buy the whole system. Woooo hooo, 311 HP at the flywheel.

add CAI 8p= 320hp (flywheel)

then, assuming that this system was run without retuning the ECU, I will say that an ECU tune will take us to 330-340hp at the flywheel. Sweet!

Add underdrive pulley, headers and a port and polish, were looking at potentially 350hp at the flywheel. Am I being optimistic....hope not, cuz those numbers are AWESOME!

Youre gonna eat **** M3!

I totally agree with you!
Old 11-23-2002, 07:11 AM
^Tyr

um i'd say a bit on the optimistic side.
or at least for the gains from intake and exhuast and a chip

the gains from tthe pulley headers and port and polish however maybe more accurate. i've never had a larger displacement motor though so i guess im not sure what type of gains we can expect.

Quick Reply: Amuse System...21.5 RWHP, I want one (pics)