Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Amuse System...21.5 RWHP, I want one (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 08:35 AM
roberto350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the exhaust has already demonstarted this gain. Or am I missing something? The dyno said 21 for the exhaust system. Are we arguing over the accuracy of the dyno?

The JIC CAI has also shown 8 hp. Whats up ^Tyr, talk to me
Old 11-23-2002, 11:16 AM
^Tyr

hm well usually you cant just add the hp from the modifications
because some of the flow problem that was corrected by the exhaust will be helpd by the intake etc. granted it should all flow even better once both are on and give you higher gains
but usually it doesnt happen that way
at least in my experience
Old 11-24-2002, 04:59 AM
jran76

Originally posted by TCL
If I interpret the epa the regulations correctly, you are allowed to modify the exhaust system components that are after the catalytic converter (hence the name cat-back exhaust). Doing things to the exhaust before the converter like removing O2 sensors or pre-cats can affect emissions, so that's the area they would check on a visual inspection.
Like someone had mentioned it varies state to state, but in Texas it is similar, you can chnage out the cat back, but it is illegal to modify "emmisions equipment" which the y-pipe is part of, but who cares, I will anyway. I drove my Max around for 2 years with no problems and it was LOUD and obvious....
Old 11-24-2002, 05:40 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ^Tyr
hm well usually you cant just add the hp from the modifications
because some of the flow problem that was corrected by the exhaust will be helpd by the intake etc. granted it should all flow even better once both are on and give you higher gains
but usually it doesnt happen that way
at least in my experience
Also, the gains from different modifications don't always occur at the exact same part of the powerband-
Old 11-24-2002, 07:56 PM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by Monkey Man
Give me a list of questions, and I will forward them to my distributor for clarification.

-Jeremy

Any contact with your Distributor?
Old 11-25-2002, 08:59 PM
webcarconnection

Hello Jeremy!
Old 11-26-2002, 07:05 AM
ITR#203

The dyno seems to be of a DYNOPACK, not a Dynojet or a Mustang Dyno. Mustang dynos are very accurate yet more expensive and show the lowest numbers. Dynopack shows the highest numbers because the readers are not from the tires but rather from the axel elimating some drivetrain loss
Old 11-26-2002, 07:26 AM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by ITR#203
The dyno seems to be of a DYNOPACK, not a Dynojet or a Mustang Dyno. Mustang dynos are very accurate yet more expensive and show the lowest numbers. Dynopack shows the highest numbers because the readers are not from the tires but rather from the axel elimating some drivetrain loss
So is not 21.5 Rwhp, or is it?
Old 11-26-2002, 07:34 AM
ITR#203

I dont have personal experience with the Amuse exhaust so I cant say whether it is truely 21 hp gained. However, it would make more sense if I told you that 21 hp gained would be more like 18 or so on a Dynojet (rough estimate, to be honest, no one knows what the exact difference in power numbers would be between the dynos). Technically it is still rear wheel horsepower, just without the loss from tire flex and friction from the rubber to the rollers.

However, on another note, Amuse is a very respected, if overpriced, company. It is considared to be the best exhaust over at the S2k camp and has been shown to gain the best hp number (although it's not even close to being a 21 hp gain). If they say that they get 21 hp out of this exhaust, I think I would give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it gains at least 15 if not more.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:38 AM
webcarconnection

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:22 AM
webcarconnection

If anyone have more info about selling it in the US. or more info about the cut of the cats?

please!
Old 12-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Monkey Man

Finally got ahold of my importer today.

Pricing is $2,250.00, and that does appear to include the Y-Pipe*. That also includes freight from Japan, and all taxes and tarriffs, which are more than you would suspect. The exhaust with Y-pipe gains 21 whp.

Main pipe 76.3mm, to 60mm to the muffler, 115mm tips.. 100% titanium 8.7kg vs 22.3kg stock

You can add the Top Secret Y-Pipe alone, and you add 10whp.

Y-Pipe = $795.00

Headers = $2,750.00

Stainless Exhaust = $1,750.00

I still have to pay freight to get the parts from my importer to the customer, so this is getting pricey. The best I can do, is offer free shipping on the products if we can get an order of 5 or more parts together. This importer can get me ALL Japanese brands, such as Top Secret, and he says the latest Options magazine has info on their Z33 turbo, so be on the lookout for new information soon.

-Jeremy

*there is still some descrepancy whether the kit includes the Y-Pipe or not, but I now believe that it does, as it is pictured in all their info, and has no separate part number. We have sent an email to AMUSE, and await more info.

Last edited by Monkey Man; 12-02-2002 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:06 PM
nosuchsol

So what about Greddy exhaust? =)

Also, It looks like the Cats are still intact with the y-pipe on there. Is there other emissions equipment that I'm missing?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:43 PM
webcarconnection

I still have to pay freight to get the parts from my importer to the customer, so this is getting pricey. The best I can do, is offer free shipping on the products if we can get an order of 5 or more parts together. This importer can get me ALL Japanese brands, such as Top Secret, and he says the latest Options magazine has info on their Z33 turbo, so be on the lookout for new information soon.

-Jeremy

*there is still some descrepancy whether the kit includes the Y-Pipe or not, but I now believe that it does, as it is pictured in all their info, and has no separate part number. We have sent an email to AMUSE, and await more info. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Jeremy!
The Top S. Y pipe is in Ti? the Amuse Y pipe can sell it alone too?
what is the whp of the headers?

Last edited by webcarconnection; 12-03-2002 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:54 PM
jelledge

Default Emissions modifications

Just to clarify about adding things forward of the cats. The Federal laws say that you can add things like headers to the engine so long as you do not change the placement or disable any of the emissions items.

This means that the position of the cats and pre-cats in the exhaust and O2 sensors must remain the same and cannot be moved up or down in the exhaust stream.

So long as you do this your are ok. So for example you can replace your Cat with a high flo after market version so long as it fits into the same position.

Don't get any ideas of removing the pre-cats either for better exhaust flow. You will definetly fail inspection and probably screw with the ECU's mapping on the O2 sensors enough to make the car run poorly.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:26 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Those are a bit pricey, aren't they?

Just the exhaust there is running as much as I think many are expecting turbos to run.

Great info though. Thanks.

I'd bet as the market grows and more tuner shops (especially stateside with no currency or shipping hassles) get their designs out, similar designs and performance will be available considerably cheaper.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:29 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: Emissions modifications

Originally posted by jelledge
Don't get any ideas of removing the pre-cats either for better exhaust flow. You will definetly fail inspection and probably screw with the ECU's mapping on the O2 sensors enough to make the car run poorly.
Exactly, the Y-pipe definelty takes out the cats and I think the main problem will be screwing up the O2 sensors and the ECU, the best bet will probably to get high flow cats and still hopefully someone will make the catback system to include a y-pipe aft of the cats and take out the T shape, you may not get the 10HP from removing the cats but you should still get a couple of horses by eliminating the t shape.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:56 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MannishBoy
Those are a bit pricey, aren't they?

Just the exhaust there is running as much as I think many are expecting turbos to run.
Not quite. What's the price expected for this, about 1200? I don't think there will be any turbo kit for under 5k, ever. I think there was a SC kit that was rumored to be around 3500, however.

Regardless, anyone planning on FI would be wise to upgrade the exhaust to.

I do agree with you about the prices getting cheaper later once stateside tuners get their own stuff out.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:22 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by TJZ
Not quite. What's the price expected for this, about 1200? I don't think there will be any turbo kit for under 5k, ever. I think there was a SC kit that was rumored to be around 3500, however.

Regardless, anyone planning on FI would be wise to upgrade the exhaust to.

I do agree with you about the prices getting cheaper later once stateside tuners get their own stuff out.
I may be confused by Monkey Man's post, but I assumed it meant $2750 for the headers + $2250 for the rest of the exhaust (which he thinks included the Y-Pipe).

That adds up to $5000. A turbo kit would include part of that, the headers/manifold parts at a minimum, and probably the down pipes from there to the cats.

Yes, there are some turbos for less than $5000, even a few with two cylinder banks (read not 4 cylinder). I can't speak to quality, but I've seen them offered for various cars.

My point wasn't to split hairs, though, but to say that for that much money, I'd just wait around and get the FI for whatever incremental cost there might be.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:16 AM
wadd3456

Off the subject.... but, my buddys turbo kit was a wopping 1800bux and his 140hp car is throwing down over 300+ to the wheels consistently and safely.

I cant wait for the day when parts arent a jillion dollars for this car.

Quick Reply: Amuse System...21.5 RWHP, I want one (pics)