Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Amuse System...21.5 RWHP, I want one (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 06:02 AM
Monkey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy a Honda Civic and you can get anything you want for cheap. However, you still drive a Honda Civic at the end of the day, and no matter how much you mod the car, it will always be a Honda Civic. I promise there will a ton of parts from the higher volume tuners coming soon. The likes of Greddy, HKS, and other big names will have these same products for less I'm sure, but Top Secret and AMUSE are very exclusive brands in the US, and with that comes a price. These parts are developed for the race circuit in Japan, and I promise if you go to a car show, you won't see another Z there with any of this stuff. That might not mean much to the average owner, but hardcore tuners love having something that no one else does.

-Jeremy
Old 12-05-2002, 10:17 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello people,

I'm seeing quite a bit of confusing/misleading info here, and I want to see if I've got it all straightened out.

1. The stock Y-pipe is cat back and does not contain emmisions critical components
2. The Amuse exhaust goes all the way to the exhaust manifolds, eliminating the stock y-pipe and the catalytic converters. It would probably not be street legal in most states in the U.S.
3. The Top Secret Y-pipe is cat back only and would therefore be fine in the U.S.
4. The Japanese do NOT have as strict emissions laws as the US or Europe, which is why their cars often make more power and aren't imported over here. This is probably why the Amuse system goes all the way back.

What I posted above seems true based on the picture in Sport Compact Car that shows the underside of the Z, the picture of the Amuse system, and the picture of the Top Secret system.

Do I have that correct?

-D'oh!
Old 12-06-2002, 05:07 AM
Monkey Man

Sounds right to me. Only thing is the Top Secret Y-Pipe goes before the cats, so its the opposite of a catback, catforward??

-Jeremy
Old 12-06-2002, 06:09 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by D'oh
Hello people,

I'm seeing quite a bit of confusing/misleading info here, and I want to see if I've got it all straightened out.

1. The stock Y-pipe is cat back and does not contain emmisions critical components
2. The Amuse exhaust goes all the way to the exhaust manifolds, eliminating the stock y-pipe and the catalytic converters. It would probably not be street legal in most states in the U.S.
3. The Top Secret Y-pipe is cat back only and would therefore be fine in the U.S.
4. The Japanese do NOT have as strict emissions laws as the US or Europe, which is why their cars often make more power and aren't imported over here. This is probably why the Amuse system goes all the way back.

What I posted above seems true based on the picture in Sport Compact Car that shows the underside of the Z, the picture of the Amuse system, and the picture of the Top Secret system.

Do I have that correct?

-D'oh!
I agree.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:00 AM
D'oh

Monkey Man Jeremey,

In the picture you posted of the Top Secret Y-Pipe, I can definitely see the two cats (one on each side) just before the y-pipe starts. Doesn't this make the Top Secret system cat back instead of cat forward? Or, are you saying that in addition to the cat back system, Top Secret also can go all the way to the manifold if you remove the cats and replace them with a pipe?

What am I missing?

-D'oh!
Old 12-06-2002, 09:28 AM
Monkey Man

A catback system, is all the piping that comes after the cat. In the picture, the Y-Pipe is before the cats, thats why I said it is not a catback. It is essential a downpipe from the headers to the cats. It removes the precats.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:50 PM
valuetl

To clear things up many Japanese Tuners sell only mufflers that are from the rear axle back and also sell the remaining pipe the Y pipe for extra $$$. Seems exactly what T/S is doing here.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:44 AM
MR RIZK

Does Amuse = HKS ?

I found the same Amuse muffler for the 350z for sale on a performance web site but listed under as a HKS system. When I asked them if it was a Amuse Exhaust or a HKS Exhaust they replied with the following.

"It is HKS, our picture was sent to us by HKS corporate."

Now this is the companies link

GTPRO

Any ideas ?
Old 12-08-2002, 12:54 PM
^Tyr

and thier seling it for 1795 dollars !!!
scroll down takea looksee
Old 12-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Mr Fairlady

I bet its SUPER loud,..but hey,.Hp gains will show I'm sure!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:40 AM
roberto350z

notice that the y-pipe is not included in this "HKS" system
Old 12-09-2002, 10:33 AM
BulletproofRich
Banned

The picture on that site for the HKS exhaust is incorrect - It is indeed the Amuse system.

I just got off the phone with HKS USA and they assured me, the design would not be a twin titanium canister. The HKS USA exhuast is due out in a few months.

They (HKS USA) did mention they had a set of LS adjustable coil-overs in stock for the 350z though...

I would seem the exhaust picture was misplaced on the site that it was hosted on. We are currently one of the largest Amuse importers in the US, and I am awaiting construction and fitment information, to verify the use of catalysts (or not). As soon as anything is confirmed, I will post the information.

Please let me know if there are any other questions you have, and I will do my best to get that information to you.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Monkey Man

Thanks Rich for helping to clearup some of the confusion.

Originally posted by BulletproofRich
The picture on that site for the HKS exhaust is incorrect - It is indeed the Amuse system.

I just got off the phone with HKS USA and they assured me, the design would not be a twin titanium canister. The HKS USA exhuast is due out in a few months.

They (HKS USA) did mention they had a set of LS adjustable coil-overs in stock for the 350z though...

I would seem the exhaust picture was misplaced on the site that it was hosted on. We are currently one of the largest Amuse importers in the US, and I am awaiting construction and fitment information, to verify the use of catalysts (or not). As soon as anything is confirmed, I will post the information.

Please let me know if there are any other questions you have, and I will do my best to get that information to you.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Traffic

Originally posted by MR RIZK
Does Amuse = HKS ?

I found the same Amuse muffler for the 350z for sale on a performance web site but listed under as a HKS system. When I asked them if it was a Amuse Exhaust or a HKS Exhaust they replied with the following.

"It is HKS, our picture was sent to us by HKS corporate."

Now this is the companies link

GTPRO

Any ideas ?
Strangely enough, this site had the same exact error:
http://www.i-m-racing.com/350z.html
Old 12-22-2002, 10:48 AM
bshigeta

this might not be exactly what you guys are looking for, but i have an amuse dual r1 on my s2000, i have pics and a video clip over at the s2000 forums...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=59498

it may give you an idea of their quality, which is extremely high, everything down to the support brackets are made of titanium, if you are interested in importing a system you can try www.bulletproofautomotive.com or www.japanparts.com.

you may also want to see if ARC has a ti exhaust out yet, i've heard that they do F1 quality ti work, i have a few pics of their other pieces if you want to see their work, found here...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=89608