Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

please don't send "why don't you do some research" replies

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 05:02 AM
iluv2flume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please don't send "why don't you do some research" replies

I just bought an '05 PPW enthusiast Z and today i get it back from the stereo shop. I know alot about stereos, but not a whole lot about upgrading the engine, etc. even though my dad owns a shop I want to keep my car under warranty, or at least do some upgrades that will not harm my car much. I don't race it or anything, but i would like to make it quicker for everyday drving. Money is not really an issue. I was just seeing what kind of upgrades you guys would suggest. I was thinking like Cold Air Intake, Ground Wires, maybe exhaust, and my dad told me he would buy a Supercharger just because he wants to do a fun project, but I don't know if i would even want it because it would abuse the engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

p.s. i did do searches and all that stuff, but it seemed like alot of conflicting things were said and alot of like 17 year olds who don't even have the car were saying stuff and i didn't feel like sorting through the guys who were just talking **** from the guys who really know stuff. Thanks again
Old 04-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My opinion-pop charger, crawford plenum, test-pipes if you dont mind a little more rasp, or some nice hi flow cats, and a nice exhaust. After words dyno it, see what your a/f looks like and if your lean get a technosquare ecu. This should give you what your looking for (just a little more power). For the budget minded racer, Id recommend test-pipes, a nice y-pipe, a plenum spacer, and a crank pulley-that would be a pretty nice cheap set-up....
Old 04-07-2005, 05:54 AM
iluv2flume

what's the difference between a pop charger and a CAI? also what does upgrading the plenum do? lol thanks dude
Old 04-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iluv2flume
what's the difference between a pop charger and a CAI? also what does upgrading the plenum do? lol thanks dude
Pop-charger is the intake where the filter is under the hood. CAI-the AEM the filter sits in the wheel well, the Injen sits in the front end opening. The plenum helps even out the air distribution to both cylinder banks. If I recall correctly, Crawford stated that stock there was a 20% difference in airflow from one side of the motor to the other, with the planum this number is less than 5%-- in other words, better top-end. BTW if you run a Crawford plenum you cant use the fatcory stru-bar but you can buy their STB. If you buy a Kinetix plenum you can keep the factory strut bar, same thing goes for plenum spacers like AAM's spacer.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Gman2004

Instead of the s/c just wait for the for the APS ST that should come in a couple months.....price should be close to the s/c's.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 AM
iluv2flume

thanks for the help guys...no one sent wise *** replies!! woot woot!!

is there an online supplier where i can decent deals on this stuff (crawford plenum, etc)??? thanks again!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by iluv2flume
thanks for the help guys...no one sent wise *** replies!! woot woot!!

is there an online supplier where i can decent deals on this stuff (crawford plenum, etc)??? thanks again!
as far as I know you have to buy the crawford parts from crawford. If you buy them for the dealer they charge you more. I paid about $70 more for my plenum through the dealer. I bought it from them because I did not have to wait 4 weeks like if I would have ordered it from crawford.

www.crawfordz.com
Old 04-07-2005, 08:01 AM
pdjafari

do some research...haha jk
Old 04-07-2005, 10:05 AM
enhanced250

get a stillen supercharger and warranty stays i belive
Old 04-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This depends on how well your dealer trusts you and how confident you are...regarding engine problems.

If you think you might have an engine problem that you might have to take it to the dealer...I wouldn't suggest doing too much.

You need to wait to see what Crawford's package is going to be. Should be ~2000-3000 for 300rwhp.