Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

What do you think of this custom shift knob? Feeler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terrific...glad you like the piece. It does take some time to get used to...give it a week. Once you are familiar with it, the stock piece will feel very crude and primitive.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Desimale
So did I miss out? I ordered at about 3pm off the website....

Yours shipped today.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Machupo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doh, don't know if mine made it today, got a "brown notice" in the mail from USPS, but won't be able to pick up the package until 0900 tomorrow!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:11 PM
2003z

Here is mine installed. I powdercoated it clear gloss, because, thats what I do, I powdercoat anything and everything I can Actually, I'm hoping it will cut down on the heat and smudging.
Attached Thumbnails What do you think of this custom shift knob?  Feeler?-shift-knob-001-small-.jpg   What do you think of this custom shift knob?  Feeler?-shift-knob-002-small-.jpg  

Last edited by 2003z; 06-30-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

doh, don't know if mine made it today, got a "brown notice" in the mail from USPS, but won't be able to pick up the package until 0900 tomorrow!
Yeah, that was probably the ****. USPS wont leave them in the box if they have tracking and insurance.

Holy crap I love this thing! Thanks Sharif!
I am glad you like your new ****.

Here is mine installed. I powdercoated it clear gloss, because, thats what I do, I powdercoat anything and everything I can Actually, I'm hoping it will cut down on the heat and smudging.
Nice work....and I like the painted center console. I plan on doing that to my car soon too.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Desimale

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Yours shipped today.

Sweet, cant wait.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Alang35

Presentation:
This piece is a real work of art. It is just a beautifully crafted piece of stainless steel. When you hold it in your hand, it is quite hefty and satisfying to toss lightly. For those of you concerned about fingerprinting up the surface, I used it to drive to work in the morning and I didn’t notice any oily residue on the ****. Sharif packaged the **** very well. It was wrapped in paper and then wrapped again in some cloth and then again surrounded by more paper. It arrived in perfect condition. Once installed, it immediately becomes the centerpiece of the interior. IMO, it blends in perfectly with the trim.

Install:
Easy. I swung by the post office this morning and installed it in the parking lot in a matter of moments.

Experience:
This thing is seriously going to ruin my good driving habits. I can’t keep my right hand off of it and on the steering wheel! My pinkie rests on the bottom cuff of the **** and my ring finger sits partially on the slope. It is just satisfying to have your hand wrapped around it. The word that comes to mind is “precise”. The other three fingers wrap nicely around the upper ball comfortably (I have slender fingers, but I suspect most people would have similar positioning). Everything about this **** just feels good and sharp.
When shifting (pistol grip), you can feel exactly where the **** is going with your two bottom fingers. This might sound trivial but it feels precise and gives the user confidence that you are headed toward the correct gate.

Comparison:
Before I had the Nismo GT shift ****. In comparison, Clint’s shift **** is smaller. The analogy I would draw is this: shifting with the Nismo shifter is like drawing with a fat sharpie. Shifting with Clint’s shifter is like writing with a very fine mechanical pencil.

Conclusion:
If you like the style of the Nismo GT ****, then this shift **** is definitely for you. In my opinion, this **** greatly improves all the shortcomings of the nismo one. It has a smaller upper ball, and features a neck and a cuff at the bottom. For those of you who don’t like the idea of shifting with a “stick”, and prefer moving a ball arbitrarily in the direction of the gate you want, I strongly suggest you keep an open mind and give this baby a chance.

I give this shift **** 5/5 stars and the official Alan stamp of approval!!

A big thanks to Clint for designing this ****, and Sharif for excellent service.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:17 AM
JonathanG35

I installed mine this morning. I will hold off on a more formal revue but i would like to note that my car sat in a hot parking lot all morning and when i got in to go to lunch the shift **** was just warm. I dont anticipate burning myslef on it like i did on the titanium trim piece in the standard shift ****.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Alang35

i left my car parked in the sun over lunch, and the **** was warm also. no more burns yay!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Alang35
Presentation:
This piece is a real work of art. It is just a beautifully crafted piece of stainless steel. When you hold it in your hand, it is quite hefty and satisfying to toss lightly. For those of you concerned about fingerprinting up the surface, I used it to drive to work in the morning and I didn’t notice any oily residue on the ****. Sharif packaged the **** very well. It was wrapped in paper and then wrapped again in some cloth and then again surrounded by more paper. It arrived in perfect condition. Once installed, it immediately becomes the centerpiece of the interior. IMO, it blends in perfectly with the trim.

Install:
Easy. I swung by the post office this morning and installed it in the parking lot in a matter of moments.

Experience:
This thing is seriously going to ruin my good driving habits. I can’t keep my right hand off of it and on the steering wheel! My pinkie rests on the bottom cuff of the **** and my ring finger sits partially on the slope. It is just satisfying to have your hand wrapped around it. The word that comes to mind is “precise”. The other three fingers wrap nicely around the upper ball comfortably (I have slender fingers, but I suspect most people would have similar positioning). Everything about this **** just feels good and sharp.
When shifting (pistol grip), you can feel exactly where the **** is going with your two bottom fingers. This might sound trivial but it feels precise and gives the user confidence that you are headed toward the correct gate.

Comparison:
Before I had the Nismo GT shift ****. In comparison, Clint’s shift **** is smaller. The analogy I would draw is this: shifting with the Nismo shifter is like drawing with a fat sharpie. Shifting with Clint’s shifter is like writing with a very fine mechanical pencil.

Conclusion:
If you like the style of the Nismo GT ****, then this shift **** is definitely for you. In my opinion, this **** greatly improves all the shortcomings of the nismo one. It has a smaller upper ball, and features a neck and a cuff at the bottom. For those of you who don’t like the idea of shifting with a “stick”, and prefer moving a ball arbitrarily in the direction of the gate you want, I strongly suggest you keep an open mind and give this baby a chance.

I give this shift **** 5/5 stars and the official Alan stamp of approval!!

A big thanks to Clint for designing this ****, and Sharif for excellent service.

Wow Alan, thanks for the great right up. And for the record, I didnt pay Alan anything for these nice comments.

Hopefully, we'll do another production run on the ***** shortly, in hopes that more people can see, feel, and touch the benifits of this shift ****. Thanks again everyone!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 PM
G3po

Mine came in the mail today, so I hope to be polishing my **** as soon as I get home
Old 07-01-2005, 04:39 PM
nickgundara

What would you use to polish it?

Originally Posted by G3po
Mine came in the mail today, so I hope to be polishing my **** as soon as I get home
Old 07-01-2005, 04:46 PM
G3po

Hopefully my wife's hand. Sorry it was a lame joke
Old 07-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

You guys are disgusting...I love it!
Old 07-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Machupo

the **** had its first autoX event today and worked like a charm.

I love it!

thanks, Sharif.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Machupo
the **** had its first autoX event today and worked like a charm.

I love it!

thanks, Sharif.
Excellent.....glad to hear the positive feedback.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:52 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got it Friday, threw it on yesterday after work (yes work on Saturday).

I must say it's a bit different than I expected, but in a good way. Went for a short 20 minute drive to test it out (along with a Rogue shifter that I threw in). Me likey.

Clint & Sharif, thanks for making this happen.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I bet it's just unreal with a short shifter, such as the Rogue or B&M. I am still running the stock shift linkage.

I have 2 extra ***** in stock, if anyone still needs one.

Happy 4th.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
JimRHIT

I can't get the stock **** to come off ...

Quick Reply: What do you think of this custom shift knob? Feeler?