Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

My Build List......need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:46 AM
TwiZted

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Build List......need opinions

So I got my rims on and my FD done, Now I need to up the power on my car. I already have a Nismo Catback and JWT Popcharger. Here is my list of power mods, let me know what you think.

1. Crawford Cast Plenum or AAM Plenum Spacer
2. UR or KJM Pulleys
3. UR or Random Tech High Flow Cats
4. Strup or Alphawerks Headers
5. Greddy Emanage Ultimate for tuning

All said and done I am looking at roughly $2500 installed and tuned, I am hoping that this new Emanage Ultimate will allow N/A to see the power gains we are all wanting to see.

In terms of visual upgrades I will be painting my Engine Cover and Battery/Fluid Covers chrome silver. I have a set of the Blue Samco Hoses on order along with a clear silver InSanamine grounding kit. I'll also be adding a set of the polished Pi-Thon hose clamps along with fluid caps and a Carbon fiber cooling plate.

Last edited by TwiZted; 06-30-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Crawford Cast Plenum
2. UR Pulleys
3. If Test Pipes aren't illegal in your area then I would suggest to go with them, if you must have cats, then I would consider the Crawford. Between those two choices though I would say UR.
4. I can't suggest either one b/c I don't have experience with either of them, but I did have the crawford headers and they were GREAT, but they are pretty pricey. I would also suggest to lookg into the DC sports headers, they are on the cheaper side but they give good gains.
5. Greddy Emanage Ultimate for tuning -- Looks like a great thing!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:38 PM
dynamic6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted
So I got my rims on and my FD done, Now I need to up the power on my car. I already have a Nismo Catback and JWT Popcharger. Here is my list of power mods, let me know what you think.

1. Crawford Cast Plenum or AAM Plenum Spacer
2. UR or KJM Pulleys
3. UR or Random Tech High Flow Cats
4. Strup or Alphawerks Headers
5. Greddy Emanage Ultimate for tuning

All said and done I am looking at roughly $2500 installed and tuned, I am hoping that this new Emanage Ultimate will allow N/A to see the power gains we are all wanting to see.

In terms of visual upgrades I will be painting my Engine Cover and Battery/Fluid Covers chrome silver. I have a set of the Blue Samco Hoses on order along with a clear silver InSanamine grounding kit. I'll also be adding a set of the polished Pi-Thon hose clamps along with fluid caps and a Carbon fiber cooling plate.
ECU flash would be the best way to go. The Emange has to be installed and tuned, making it a much more expensive option. Also, the Emange cannot take into account what the factory mapping decides to do at any given moment, if the factory decides to pull timing or fuel then the emange has no way of "intelligently" compensating.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:42 AM
TwiZted

I think I'm gonna scrap my N/A project, too costly for small gains................

I am thinking Turbonetics Single Turbo........
Old 07-01-2005, 07:47 AM
TwiZted

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
ECU flash would be the best way to go. The Emange has to be installed and tuned, making it a much more expensive option. Also, the Emange cannot take into account what the factory mapping decides to do at any given moment, if the factory decides to pull timing or fuel then the emange has no way of "intelligently" compensating.
I thought the new E-Manage Ultimate is going to operate much like a stand alone would and overrride what the ecu is trying to do???? Perhaps I read into it wrong???