Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Eibach springs ARE OUT!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 02:58 PM
wadd3456

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach springs ARE OUT!?

Go to Eibachs site and click on 350z. It shows our car. Does this mean they are out? IF so, I wonder what drop they have?

And further more......when is someone going to figure out a way to adjust the camber in this thing!! I dont even understand how the hell its possible.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:54 PM
dczoner

I would tend to think that Eibach has had a few months to play around with the G35/FM platform, and then figured out how to toss that the Z's direction. Not much to springs, really, once they've got the tools it just takes a little trial and error to get the right mix.

Interesting that it gives a .8" front and 1.2" rear drop (if I'm reading this right). . . Seems awful low for just a spring set, and also I wonder if the .4" difference is noticable.

Also FYI, they do have a G35 kit as well, 1.1" drop all around.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:23 PM
wadd3456

Where the heck did you get that info? Yeah that is an odd drop.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:36 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by dczoner Interesting that it gives a .8" front and 1.2" rear drop (if I'm reading this right). . . Seems awful low for just a spring set, and also I wonder if the .4" difference is noticable.

On the 350Z, it appears that the rear end is a tad bit higher than the front. Look at the fender gaps. Perhaps the .4" difference evens that out.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:18 PM
wadd3456

Nah they wont with a measily 1" drop

It takes alot to make your stock "struts" blow. Of course if you slam 3" the struts will be compressed ALL the time and will go boom in a few months.

I just cant see using $1200+ on coilovers for this car. What about a ground controll (generic) coilover setup. Is that out? Regardless, im scared to drop without camber adjustment.

I know I ramble about other cars, but as a comparison. The venge could go 2" with stock struts. My truck is at 3.5" on stock struts. Thats realllllly pushing it.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Rizzness

Wadd--- I knew I recognized your name from ASOG-- Sup man! Interesting to see another Venge owner with Z taste!! I'm certain there are many more like us!!!
Rizz
Old 12-10-2002, 05:32 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes they will.

aftermarket springs have a higher spring coefficient, and thus will cause the stock shocks to wear prematurely since they are not set for the stiffer springs..

ground control sucks... well in stock poundage that comes from the factory. they sag after extended periods of use.
it deserves coilovers. (FLT-A2)

Eibachs are nice for the street. but i dont mind a slighty harsher ride for the control.

well. better rubber on the stock volks would help...

Originally posted by wadd3456
Nah they wont with a measily 1" drop

It takes alot to make your stock "struts" blow. Of course if you slam 3" the struts will be compressed ALL the time and will go boom in a few months.

I just cant see using $1200+ on coilovers for this car. What about a ground controll (generic) coilover setup. Is that out? Regardless, im scared to drop without camber adjustment.

I know I ramble about other cars, but as a comparison. The venge could go 2" with stock struts. My truck is at 3.5" on stock struts. Thats realllllly pushing it.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:38 PM
wadd3456

Prematurely with a 1" drop.......maybe.

But "If not your stock shocks will die, and die quickly. " Prolly not.

Hey Rizz.......you got a Z too!?
Old 12-10-2002, 05:45 PM
Rizzness

No Wadd-- not yet--- prolly the spring tho--
The old Venge is still running OK-- 120K and still putting along. Really starting to show her miles tho. Got banana peels for tires !! The Z is waaay hot --- and I think its time for something new!!
ZZ
Old 12-10-2002, 06:08 PM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

stock shocks and Eibach springs will last for at least 7+ month no problem.
A great combo I had on my past cars is nuespeed springs (race) with KONI Yellows shocks. The ride was really smooth.
I am not sure if KONI started making anything for the Z tho.
TEIN is obviously another great (more expensive) way to go, no questions asked.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:20 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Loaded_Pistol
stock shocks and Eibach springs will last for at least 7+ month no problem.
A great combo I had on my past cars is nuespeed springs (race) with KONI Yellows shocks. The ride was really smooth.
I am not sure if KONI started making anything for the Z tho.
TEIN is obviously another great (more expensive) way to go, no questions asked.
I'd be interested in the TEIN for the EDFC (electronic adjustment) if for nothing else. Sounds interesting.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Are the stock springs and struts even a good match as they are? Seems like one or the other is out of place with the amount of rebound that occurs on this car.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:35 PM
macam308

anyone know where you could purchase these in so. cal? no info on eibach.com
Old 12-10-2002, 06:42 PM
cabalisticfire

Wadd and others,

On the topic of aftermarket springs with stock shocks. If all you want is to lower the car and don't care about messing up the handeling and wearing out the stock shocks prematurely then you can just go with springs.

If you want to improve performance and looks you're going to need to change your shocks. Lower springs generally have a higher spring rate, spring rate must be matched to the shock valving. Put a high rate spring with stock shocks and you'll bounce all over the place. Ride comfort and handeling will suffer. Who spent 30K on a sports car only to go and ruin the handeling? If you don't want to set your car up for the track that's fine, go with a progressive rate spring. It will sit lower than stock and have a closer to stock rate in the beginning of its travel and then ramp up to a higher spring rate near the end of its travel. This will give you ride height, comfort, and handeling at a much lower price than coilovers.

The bottom line, yeah you can just install springs but you'll screw the car up.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

Here is some new stuff from TEIN.

The S. Tech has been developed with high quality materials guaranteed to be sag free (of no more than 5mm) and comes with a protected rubber tube for noise and rust prevention.

--Made in Japan.
--Adopted high quality materials (SAE9254V) to be lightweight and to maintain maximum stroke.
--All products have been tested on each individual vehicle application for exclusivity design.
--Gives about 1.5 inch drop for a more aggressive appearance.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach springs ARE OUT!?-spring.jpg  
Old 12-10-2002, 08:35 PM
max2000jp

Ground Controls, from my experience arent bad. A friend of mine has them on his Maxima and loves them at the track. As for stock shocks, you can use them and they will work fine. I have stock shocks/Eibachs on my car and they have lasted over 20k and that includes a few times at the track.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:52 PM
z461

OK guys... Eibach springs come out December 25th... That's the word that's been out since SEMA.. Also, I believe the ride may get better with the Eibach springs. If you guys read my post before, and the post of one of the racing teams using the Z. Supposedly the Z's stock shocks are valved way too high for the stock springs, esp. in the back. That's why we have the porpoising effect. If you have stiffer springs the Z will ride better so that they're more properly matched. A good way to test this out is to make your rear end more backheavy (thereby compressing your springs.. it won't matter that you're compressing you're shocks as well since shocks aren't progressive). You'll notice with compressed springs the car will ride much smoother... Therefore with stiffer springs such as Eibachs the ride will be better, and with a lower center of balance better handling, I bet once they come out in 2 weeks or so and people start using them there'll be good results.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

What's the drop on Eibach? (1"-1.5")?

I'll wait for my rims before getting the springs. Less hassle in my opinion.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:01 AM
z461

My rims are coming in next Tuesday, so I may get springs right away, but I am also wondering if I should wait and see what the Nismo and h&r springs will be like.. However, i'm not sure on this, but aren't the Nismo springs basically rebadged eibachs?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:34 AM
wadd3456

See Eibachs on stock struts arent that bad. Even IF they blew after 10k miles I wouldnt care. Shoot it would take me OVER a year and a half to get that many miles. In that time, i would have replaced it with real coilovers anyway!

Groundcontroll may be the way I want to go. I just like going to shows and to the track occasionally. It would be nice (on THOSE days) to slam it down. WAY down for shows of course.

Are the Groundcontroll's OUT?! I know they arent expensive.

Quick Reply: Eibach springs ARE OUT!?