Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

KJR Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
JonathanAboona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KJR Performance

We had some administrative issues with the site and had our sponsorship down that is why we lost that large thread of reviews and posts. We are back on sponsorship with m350z and are here to stay though. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Here are just a few threads we found or archived before the post was lost

Hi guy's,
I like to tell you all about the great service I got from KJR Performance at kjrperformance.com I ordered their new lightweight pulley for my Z. They stated a price of $ 170, shipping included. After I ordered they mailed me the price was for shipping within the USA only and that for shipping outside the USA they normally charge a little bit more (which I fully understand). However, since they didn't have it clearly stated on their site they would stick to the price of $ 170. Without me even making a comment on it! Now is that a great company or what.
Thanks again KJR performance!
ps. I have no relation with KJR what so ever, I just wanted to let you guy's know.

I would also like to give a big shout out for KJR. They were a major sponsor of Zdayz and contributed some great prizes. Not only does the product look great, but the people are great and they support the community.

nice i'm contemplating getting this too but i wanna see a dyno to 7k before i buy it....but i did just get a kjr pulley and felt a nice difference....how would you compare gains of the plenum to the gains felt buy a pulley?? i see u/r in your sig so i'm assuming you have u/r pulleys

IMO, KJR gets an A+ in customer support and responsiveness. Also, this pulley does everything it claims.

Here's the good (completely subjective, not-dynoed) news:
Acceleration felt "lighter/quicker", kinda effortless,from full stop through all AT shifts. Imagine towing a medium/light load behind a pickup, getting accustomed to the load, and then removing it.
Everything felt crisper-throttle response,pedal feel,and especially the 2nd to 3rd AT shift. I did not run any gear total WOT or to redline- shifted about 5800 rpm.
Turned off the tcs and nailed it in 1st coming out of a slow turn--all systems GO-easily burned out-just felt quicker, subjectively more responsive.
I have nismo exhaust and stillen cai-maybe my imagination, but the intake "suck" felt and sounded stronger and the exhaust note soundede throatier at lower rpms.
I haven't dynoed, and prolly won't.
Having driven a mere 35 miles after this install, I believe it was money well-spent-a mod that does not make extravigant promises, but lives up to and exceeds those it made.
I'm happy.

Overall, I'm pleased with the pulley. Very good price for 8-10hp. Looks great and the craftmanship appears to be very good.
Dave

I just finished my install on the pulley. It didn't take too long at all. Before I installed the pulley i did a few wot runs so the feeling would be fresh in memory. After everything was back on I started the car to make sure my belts weren't going to squeal or anything and then took it out for a spin. I could definately tell that there were some gains throughout the powerband. Since my ac stopped working i just decided to leave that belt off cause i'm contemplating just removing all the ac components anyway. So i'm only running one belt which could contribute to the gains. All in all I give this mod 2 thumbs up, good gains for the dough

well, went to STREET IMAGE, and had my KJR pulley installed. This is a short review: 1. Install is pretty straight forward, and with the right tools pretty quick. It took longer to get my car on the lift (b/c of the body kit, and "loweredness"). 2. everything lined up and fit well 3. "butt dyno" better throttle response, rev's faster through R's, feels good! 4. The shop: Owner (Eric) and henchman (MONDO), really know their stuff, this made it painless, and an easy install! 6. Eric gave me a good deal for headers/plenum/and HF cats install!
I recommend this shop for all Z/G owners in So. Cal.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You mean that they deleted the existing threads just because of a lapse in sponsorship!!! That sucks. There was a lot of good info and discussion in one of them.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:58 PM
JonathanAboona

yea well a group buy was done post our sponsorship expiring so they had the right to do so.......
it sucks but I hope people will repost their thoughts if not already listed.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:47 AM
BobaFettm

I have one of these and it works amazing! I just dont suggest putting an goodyear alligator belt on it... for some reason mine squeaks! works great with stock belt!
Old 08-07-2005, 03:11 PM
jcpeyton

Right on, Dave'sZ#3. I had problems w/ the instructions saying torque the crank bolt to 36lbs. In less than 2 days I had major chatter and worries that the pulley was gonna go thru my front end. To his credit, Jonathan corrected the misinformation with me. I posted the correction on these boards, and so did Jonathan.
Until this thread, I have not been able to find those posts--useful information, IMO. for the people who bought in the group buy before the instructions were corrected.
I am very satisfied w/ this mod and recommend it highly. I wish that important info had not been lost, and hope the deleted info didn't cause any member's car any harm.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:19 PM
jcpeyton

BTY. also deleted were the CORRECT torque specs for the crank bolt. Just in case anyone missed them they are: torque to 36 lbs +/- 6 degrees. In case you don't have a degree gauge, that translates to 90-110 lbs torque.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:00 AM
JonathanAboona

yes we do have the corrected torque spec on our site and instruction sheet now.
Thanks jcpeyton for the reminder about that

www.kjrperformance.com is the link for our site
Old 08-12-2005, 04:38 PM
jcpeyton

Jon-Since I corrected torque my KJR pulley has been trouble free. Thanks for the outstanding customer support.
I really like this mod-joined w/ my Stillen cai and nismo exhaust, my ZR is noticeably faster and quicker on the uptake. On a strictly $/gain analysis, this is one of the best mods out there. Thanks for all. Jack.