Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

05 "High Rev" Motors.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glex25
Here are my Dyno runs as promised.
They were done on the same Dyno on the same day.

My car is stock(no K&N Filter, no Ztube, No Exhaust) 100% stock

Wow those are awesome TQ gains. What is your driving impression of the car now?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are my Dyno runs as promised.
They were done on the same Dyno on the same day.

My car is stock(no K&N Filter, no Ztube, No Exhaust) 100% stock

Baseline:

MREV Mod Installed with Throttle Heater Valve Closed:

Overlay of best of both Runs
Wow. Fantastic gains you have there. That makes for a much faster ride.

+1... What are your butt dyno impressions?

EDIT: could you email me the electronic data? I can do some analysis on it.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 11-19-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Glex25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Butt Dyno or Neck Dyno(Snap Snap)

Hydrazine they gave me print out i will have to wait until monday when they open again
and see if i can get them to email it to me or get it in my USB Drive on the way home from work.

Last edited by Glex25; 11-19-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Diesel350

Butt Dyno or Neck Dyno(Snap Snap)
LOL both
Old 11-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Glex25

It felt strong.
I will know more once i get on the Highway.
I was so tired after being there from 9AM to 4PM.
Doing the Install myself i just wanted to crash at my house.
Tomorrow I will giver her a good wash and take her on a good run on the highway.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

It felt strong.
I will know more once i get on the Highway.
I was so tired after being there from 9AM to 4PM.
Doing the Install myself i just wanted to crash at my house.
Tomorrow I will giver her a good wash and take her on a good run on the highway.
Oh man I know how that feels... Been there a few too many times.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:16 AM
neffster

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
...PS which vendor will be the first to try and copy it? ...
Something you're all too familiar with right Tony? Remember, you weren't the first plenum spacer on the market. What a hypocrite, talking about copying other's ideas... PATHETIC... can't see the forest through the trees I guess...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Yes its true. I wasn't the first to come out with a spacer, but when I wrote that I had one specific person in mind.

Glad to see you're back.
Tony
Old 11-27-2005, 07:17 AM
faithmassive

Yes its true. I wasn't the first to come out with a spacer, but when I wrote that I had one specific person in mind.

Glad to see you're back.
Tony
Did we decide what the best rpm was to shift at in each gear?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Not yet. It may still be best to shift at redline.
Analysis of Klumzyees dyno shows a net gain in 1st-4th gear even if shifted at redline.

If you go by Glex35's dyno with the modified collector, then it is certaintly best to shift at redline.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 11-27-2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:16 AM
partshipperdave

+1
Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 AM
sisco534

Default Do you need some cheese with your whine???

I just want to be left alone from the guys that work with Crawford. Nobody from any other manufacturer slags like these guys. And there is a lot of history to it that you may not be aware of.

EDIT: But you're right anyways. I'll do my best to ignore them.

You sound like your 16yrs old...Doug is a good guy and I am not what you call a Crawford Troll. I had the Plenum put on there and they were great bunch of guys. They have good products and Doug will stand beside his work 100%.

Dont go trashing someone in a thread and expect to gain respect from the members here, yes you have some good products but if you are not respected, people will not buy your products or not as many some people dont care but I do.
You just lost a potential customer ....too bad
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

I'm sure he was very nice with you but see the links below.

The thread linked below was posted very shortly after introduction of the Motordyne 1/4" plenum spacer. Pheonixinx is one of Dougs other guys who (at the time) had the Crawford Z "SPONSOR" badge under his avatar.

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/107960-crawford-plenum-spacer-29-a.html
That was a hard slam and I never said a single negative word about Crawford.

Competitors talking about eachother is very normal but coaching sponsorees to do dirty work in a public forum is not.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47225
In the thread linked here, the coaching is revealed by the sponsoree (Neffster).

I would have never thought twice about it if it wasn't revealed that Doug personally asked his sponsoree to do it. Instructing a sponsoree on the phone - how to question, refute or confront but he wouldn't do it himself.

You are right about not trashing others and the above Crawford slag is a regular occurance. I'm not saying you are part of it but if there is any confrontation to be counted on, coincidentally it always has the Crawford name in, around or behind it.

I've never started a slag thread or instructed anyone to slag. I don't need to. I'm comfortable with the dyno results.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 11-30-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:16 AM
lowrider

You wouldn't have a persecution complex would you Maybe the think that the whole world is out to get you!

I have never been coached by Doug, in fact, just the opposite. When I see a post like this that bashes Crawford, I usually call, and urge them to respond. Doug doesn't like confrontations like this, as he feels it serves no positive purpose. Me, on the other hand, feeling a sense of loyality, can only read so much BS, and then I respond.

As I indicated earlier, I, for one, will never use a product you manufacturer or sell. Nor are you the only vendor I boycott, I stay away from Stillen because of their lousy customer service. There are couple others out there, whose names escape me at the moment.

IMO, you are not doing yourself any favors by Bashing Crawford. I also con't like your selling techniques. When you released the MREV, why all the secrecy Either you have a product or you don't. If it's not ready for prime time, release it when it is. But, for gosh sakes, grow up, become a member of the community (or don't).

Lou
Old 12-07-2005, 12:29 PM
ct350z

Hey Tony, i just purchased a motordyne 5/16 iso thermal plenum spacer. Did i make a mistake by not going with the 1/2 spacer? Im sure alberto can answer this for me as well, so if you can please let me know guys.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:03 AM
partshipperdave

The 5/16" iso thermal spacer is a great choice. The 1/2" will get you some more gains at the higher rpm range over the 5/16" one, but you will not be disappointed with your choice.

Per Motordyne's request as of yesterday, we are offering a holiday sale of 8% off the entire line. We have everything in our online catalog, already on sale and ready to go! Makes a great xmas gift for your prized possession, and will put a nice grin on your face every time you mash that skinny pedal on the right.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

This link goes into detail on why I like the 5/16" spacer with the stock strut bar.
The stock strut bar is a good design.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157952

Tony
Old 12-08-2005, 03:32 PM
G35REVUP

Originally Posted by sisco534
You just lost a potential customer ....too bad
You're just mad because the MREV wont work on your car =(
Old 12-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Rasengan

Originally Posted by lowrider
When you released the MREV, why all the secrecy Either you have a product or you don't. If it's not ready for prime time, release it when it is. But, for gosh sakes, grow up, become a member of the community (or don't).

Lou
name 1 company that follows that business model and i'll give you a hundred that don't...companies often release tidbits of information about their product but not the whole bag just to incite exposure and demand...they NEVER just tell you everything about the product until most of it is finished and well tested...how long was Microsoft Vista in production until we even learned it was going to be called "Vista"? how much more information do you even have about it? How about Nintendo's new controller? how long before they came out with the specs? have they said anything else about the system since? the GT-R, how much info do we have on it besides concept shots?

please dude, use some logic if YOU'RE going to go bashing someone else...i'm not taking any sides but your post right there struck me as a bit hypocritical
Old 12-08-2005, 06:04 PM
lowrider

Originally Posted by Rasengan
name 1 company that follows that business model and i'll give you a hundred that don't...companies often release tidbits of information about their product but not the whole bag just to incite exposure and demand...they NEVER just tell you everything about the product until most of it is finished and well tested...how long was Microsoft Vista in production until we even learned it was going to be called "Vista"? how much more information do you even have about it? How about Nintendo's new controller? how long before they came out with the specs? have they said anything else about the system since? the GT-R, how much info do we have on it besides concept shots?

please dude, use some logic if YOU'RE going to go bashing someone else...i'm not taking any sides but your post right there struck me as a bit hypocritical
Look Jack, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm not it! My response had everything to do with Motordyne, and not with you. None of the examples you gave, dared others to "copy the product" before introduction, or tried to sell a product without first disclosing what it was.

Now that I understand it, I do believe it does what it is intended to do, reverse the high RPM gains of the RevUp engine by replacing the new lower plenum with the old one, and adding a spacer.

My comments were not evoked by the product, but by the bashing Motordyne has done to a competitor. So, unless you know what you're talking about, button it.

Lou

Quick Reply: 05 "High Rev" Motors.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering