Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Question on First Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:27 PM
LODOSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on First Mod

I have looked into and understand quite a bit on how bolt - on works etc.. here is my question, I just bought a 05 enthu last sat =p and i am loving it.. but it does not haul like my VR4 3000gt does.. I understand NA and turbo cars feels totally different... but still i am planning on doing the TN kit next year... for now i would not mind doing 1 or 2 mods..

so i was wondering what mods i can do that will not go into waste once i get the turbo kit.. like intake.. is obviously out of the question.

i want something that will not make the car all super loud... like a test pipe..

i sw some info on plenums and spacers.. do they really help? some people say it is bs some swears by it... does anyone actaully have dyno numbers on them/?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by LODOSS
I have looked into and understand quite a bit on how bolt - on works etc.. here is my question, I just bought a 05 enthu last sat =p and i am loving it.. but it does not haul like my VR4 3000gt does.. I understand NA and turbo cars feels totally different... but still i am planning on doing the TN kit next year... for now i would not mind doing 1 or 2 mods..

so i was wondering what mods i can do that will not go into waste once i get the turbo kit.. like intake.. is obviously out of the question.

i want something that will not make the car all super loud... like a test pipe..

i sw some info on plenums and spacers.. do they really help? some people say it is bs some swears by it... does anyone actaully have dyno numbers on them/?
you can find plenty of dynos for spacers/plenums.... but its not gonna be the same as your car, but trust me you do get gains, ive drivin a g35 with basically every airflow mod and it just feels amazing... so doing that first is kinda the way i would go... get some exhaust test pipes plenum upgrade or spacer...

Exhaust - nismo, or plenty like the HKS for some reason (to each their own)
plenum - crawford i would suggest, best quality unless you can afford a kinetix ssv (over 800 dont know exact price)
Test pipes, just look into it and find what you like, thats what im looking for now is some test pipes
If you dont like test pipes high flow cats are good.

Thats my $.02
Old 11-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AAM or Motordyne Plenum Spacer

Exhaust
Old 11-21-2005, 07:22 AM
punish_her

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
you can find plenty of dynos for spacers/plenums.... but its not gonna be the same as your car, but trust me you do get gains, ive drivin a g35 with basically every airflow mod and it just feels amazing... so doing that first is kinda the way i would go... get some exhaust test pipes plenum upgrade or spacer...

Exhaust - nismo, or plenty like the HKS for some reason (to each their own)
plenum - crawford i would suggest, best quality unless you can afford a kinetix ssv (over 800 dont know exact price)
Test pipes, just look into it and find what you like, thats what im looking for now is some test pipes
If you dont like test pipes high flow cats are good.

Thats my $.02

Im in the same boat as LODOSS but further along. The HD Clutch and LTW fly wheel, test pipes, and INJEN true dual was verry noticable. I have got the SSV sitting on my coffee table as we speak. Well that and the 650CC RC injectors, Walbro 255L fuel pump, AAM Spec fuel return system, turbo timer and the auto tuning harnesses for the Emange Ultimate.

Yeah my life is my car and my house is storage for parts. my second bedroom holds all the old parts and my living room holds all the new ones. As you can tell from that statment; I'm deffinately single. I just want the parts where I can see them all the time, motivates me.

Just waiting on the Safeguard, Greddy TT, level 5 Axels, Blitz SBC, anf DEFI link fuel pressure guage to come in before I take a week off work and install everything. Looking for 8-9 psi off the bat. Goal 420WHP or so. Then comes the forged bored engine, tripple plate carbon clutch, 2 way LSD Diffy.

My suggestion is kinda backwards. Don't look at what you want next, look at how you want your car to be then work backwards. That way you don't waste money. Did that at first and I've got a set of Alphawerks header to show for it ( next to all the other parts ).

Most people look at whats next then they get the CIA headers and what not then decide they want to go TT. well yeah thats money wasted like you said.

Hawaii Mike
Old 11-21-2005, 07:57 PM
LODOSS

sounds like the right idea.. i think im just gonna get a JWT pop charger if i can find one cheap for now.. and drive like that for a few months and stay away from the forum otherwise i'll get sucked in on deals =o

are the spacers really proven to work? a lot of companies make them so my guess is yes..

I'll look into the spacer after i get my first free oil change.. i dont' want them to know i have ever changed anything on my car =p
Old 11-21-2005, 08:03 PM
LODOSS

sounds like the right idea.. i think im just gonna get a JWT pop charger if i can find one cheap for now.. and drive like that for a few months and stay away from the forum otherwise i'll get sucked in on deals =o

are the spacers really proven to work? a lot of companies make them so my guess is yes..

I'll look into the spacer after i get my first free oil change.. i dont' want them to know i have ever changed anything on my car =p
Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by LODOSS

avalonracing . net has them for cheapest popchargers ive seen on net, where i got mine...

and spacers... yes worth the money, cheaper the main reason people choose the whole plenum over spacer is kinda for looks i think... thats my personal preference, if I buy something i want it looking its best always, and stock plenum just doesnt cut it