Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

OMG this sound is annoying!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005 | 09:39 PM
Daytona350Texas

Default OMG this sound is annoying!!!!!!

Everytime i start my car, the first idle rev i hear a sloshing in my engine bay. When i take off at a dead stop i hear that damn slosh!!! Doesnt happen in higher gears, doesnt happen turning or stopping or anything! Just when im idling and i rev it a bit, or when i do the innitial takeoff!!! I cant hear it from the outside so I have no clue but its a fluid tied into the throttle somehow, maybe a bubbling I HAVE NO CLUE SOMEONE HELP ME THE F OUT!!! Im probably gonna be taking it into nissan considering ive finally found out HOW to make the sound, cause they probably wouldnt believe me if i couldnt produce the sound!!!
Old 12-15-2005 | 10:00 PM
ZON

Be ready for nissan to cop out on it and say it's the POP Charger, which it isn't, whatever it is.
Old 12-15-2005 | 10:05 PM
Daytona350Texas

ill go back and put stock box back on and still be able to recreate sound i garuntee so let them say that, then maybe i can sue for some reason i cant come up with but i know a lawyer can! heh jk
Old 12-16-2005 | 07:03 AM
Zivman

I think you are just being paranoid. Your car is a machine with lots of moving parts and fluids in it. It's going to make noises. I have heard sloshing in other cars I have owned. It is obvious it may not be the same thing you are hearing, but I would guess it is similar.

My guess it is the fuel in the tank sloshing around or the coolant circulating through the engine. You don't hear it at any other time than idel or initial take off because the car is making all sorts of other noises that drown out this particluar sound during those other tmes.
Old 12-16-2005 | 07:43 AM
03track

i hear this noise too....it sounds like fluid moving around....it comes from the front of the car so i don't think its fuel....i haven't figured out how to re-create it but it seems to happen only shortly after start up when the engine is still cold. could it be clutch fluid?
Old 12-16-2005 | 10:51 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by 03track
i hear this noise too....it sounds like fluid moving around....it comes from the front of the car so i don't think its fuel....i haven't figured out how to re-create it but it seems to happen only shortly after start up when the engine is still cold. could it be clutch fluid?

It's probably coolant flowing into the motor once the thermostat opens up completely.

I hope you guys aren't as **** with your ladies as you are with the cars
Old 12-16-2005 | 12:03 PM
Daytona350Texas

Sorry being 19 and financing this car by myself, im gonna be ****, especially if its a new car and im paying money I almost dont have. I do but im saying I dont make 30k+ a year like some people, im still in the 15-20k fulltime student. Sorry if its bad to worry about your car... lol but i dont think its TOO ****
Old 12-16-2005 | 12:14 PM
DG350Z

Not exactly sure what sloshing it is your hearing, but my clutch makes tons of noise when it disengages in low gears. Maybe its that?
Old 12-16-2005 | 12:22 PM
350Zenophile

Another possibility is a clogged drain line from your a/c. When condensation collects it has to drain and sometimes the tube get's clogged with dust/debris.

Take it to the dealer, just make sure you drive it with your advisor and he acknowledges the sound before you leave it with them.
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:02 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
Sorry being 19 and financing this car by myself, im gonna be ****, especially if its a new car and im paying money I almost dont have. I do but im saying I dont make 30k+ a year like some people, im still in the 15-20k fulltime student. Sorry if its bad to worry about your car... lol but i dont think its TOO ****

Get this guy a cookie for buying a car and working while being a full time student.

Spend your time worrying about things that matter, like your school work, job, or family. It's just a car. If it isn't doing anything more than making a sound that probably overlooked since the day you brought it home due to the excitement and novelty, you shouldn't worry about it.
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:07 PM
Daytona350Texas

Look im not doing the whole im young and I can own this car 2! story... im just saying ya I would be more **** about a new car in this position then say the next 7 years after I have my degree in law and clearly making over 85k a year.... at that point it would be noises coming from a zo6 not from a 350z... so yes since I financially put myself in a tough position I will take full adv of warranty and check on every sound/every leak
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:10 PM
Zivman

Look im not doing the whole im young and I can own this car 2! story... im just saying ya I would be more **** about a new car in this position then say the next 7 years after I have my degree in law and clearly making over 85k a year.... at that point it would be noises coming from a zo6 not from a 350z... so yes since I financially put myself in a tough position I will take full adv of warranty and check on every sound/every leak
So, why post about this on the forums? Take the car to the dealer and let them tell you it's all in your head.

....kids with dreams. I hope to someday own a chevy

just wondering, what kind of gains did you get from that grounding kit?
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:23 PM
Daytona350Texas

Lol u think, i ever thought, I would get gains from a grounding kit? Ok i may be young but im not a retard... so please dont be a smartass and try to convince me of it, wont work on this 350z owner, sorry. And I dont like chevy... i owned a 92 camaro before this and hated it, but who wouldnt want a zo6... especially if you can afford it?! If you wanna bash, go bash somewhere else, im just asking if there is a quick fix to save me the trouble of taking it in, cause this nissan seems to not know a damn thing about cars and tends to keep cars in the shop longer then needed without fixing the problem, so i would rather fix it myself if its a quickfix. Maybe you can understand now? Or should I really go into more depth about my life to help you understand why bashing someone miles and miles away from you, really isnt gonna help you in your personal life?
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:36 PM
Zivman

Lol u think, i ever thought, I would get gains from a grounding kit? Ok i may be young but im not a retard... so please dont be a smartass and try to convince me of it, wont work on this 350z owner, sorry. And I dont like chevy... i owned a 92 camaro before this and hated it, but who wouldnt want a zo6... especially if you can afford it?! If you wanna bash, go bash somewhere else, im just asking if there is a quick fix to save me the trouble of taking it in, cause this nissan seems to not know a damn thing about cars and tends to keep cars in the shop longer then needed without fixing the problem, so i would rather fix it myself if its a quickfix. Maybe you can understand now? Or should I really go into more depth about my life to help you understand why bashing someone miles and miles away from you, really isnt gonna help you in your personal life?

Am I bashing you? Not really. I told you from the start to stop worrying about it. That it was nothing to worry about. Your dealer doesn't sound any different than any dealer around me. Yes, they can sell you a car, but service???? you have to be kidding me.

Tranny problems? Never heard of any.
Feathering? what's that?
Rear end click? Bob, you ever heard anything like that? No, can't say that I have.

As far as a grounding kit goes, I would call you really stupid for buying one, especially if you already knew there were no gains to be had.

I could have bought a Z06, so what. So, just mark me down as one guy that doesn't want one.

***you want a quick fix for you noise? Turn the damn radio up.

Last edited by Zivman; 12-16-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:46 PM
Daytona350Texas

Well I did that quick fix in my camaro along with 4 12s... and it still got at me knowing it was there. But anyway im done with this really, the grounding kit is just a 4gauge wiring I had with a system, I think it looks for as far as show goes. Matching engine bay and color of car... ill do w/e it takes to win a trophy, ive never won anything more then an athletic trophy, so i would love to win something thats consistant with the hobby i love the most

zo6 comment, congratulations you have money, wish i was ur son and maybe i would have better stuff

EDIT:: just so you know i am kidding about above comment, i love my father and even though he didnt goto college, hes givin me a life only a kid could wish for... so dont think im just some ignorant kid i do have emotions
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:49 PM
Zivman

Well I did that quick fix in my camaro along with 4 12s... and it still got at me knowing it was there. But anyway im done with this really, the grounding kit is just a 4gauge wiring I had with a system, I think it looks for as far as show goes. Matching engine bay and color of car... ill do w/e it takes to win a trophy, ive never won anything more then an athletic trophy, so i would love to win something thats consistant with the hobby i love the most

zo6 comment, congratulations you have money, wish i was ur son and maybe i would have better stuff
Does it get at you that your tires make a skreaching sound if you hit the gas too hard, or your brakes squeal every now and again under hard braking? Or maybe that your suspension makes a little noise when ridiing down a rough road?

If you were my son, you wouldn't have a car right now and next yr you would be VERY happy to get a rusted 89 accord coupe SE-I...with bose of course
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:51 PM
Daytona350Texas

nice, just nice
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:53 PM
Zivman

EDIT:: so dont think im just some ignorant kid ..:

you are slightly ignorant. About life? who knows, maybe. About the car? I would say yes.
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:57 PM
Daytona350Texas

Hey im just a car enthusiast just like you. I want the best for my car at all times. I want power, I want speed, I want everything that a sportscar can provide me! Me taking care of it and making sure the noise isnt something more then just coolant flowing into engine and being extremely audible...... is just me giving back to the feeling i get everytime i start the car
Old 12-16-2005 | 01:57 PM
Daytona350Texas

Besides this arguement as taken my post count up so thats a plus to this as well. Haha (and yes thats a lil of my ignorance showing thru)

Quick Reply: OMG this sound is annoying!!!!!!