Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

OMG this sound is annoying!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005 | 01:59 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
Hey im just a car enthusiast just like you. I want the best for my car at all times. I want power, I want speed, I want everything that a sportscar can provide me! Me taking care of it and making sure the noise isnt something more then just coolant flowing into engine and being extremely audible...... is just me giving back to the feeling i get everytime i start the car
So, no reason to post all this then.

Originally Posted by Zivman
So, why post about this on the forums? Take the car to the dealer
Old 12-17-2005 | 08:43 AM
overZealous1

sorry to break up you 2 but, it sounds like you are just hearing the coolant going through the heater core which is up in the dash. it is totally normal and it will see more flow through there till the thermostat opens. i hear it on mine too.
think your being a little hard on the guy zivman, if he doesn't have the extra money to fix problems i would be freaked when ever i heard a sound too.
Old 12-17-2005 | 11:15 PM
3rdgenguy

Originally Posted by overZealous1
sorry to break up you 2 but, it sounds like you are just hearing the coolant going through the heater core which is up in the dash. it is totally normal and it will see more flow through there till the thermostat opens. i hear it on mine too.
think your being a little hard on the guy zivman, if he doesn't have the extra money to fix problems i would be freaked when ever i heard a sound too.
i am going to agree with you ..... u can try to put the front of the car on jack stands and open the radiator cap then start the car and message the heator hoses too see if you get any air out of the heater core.. i have had some people complain of this noise mostly on maxima's and muranos but its really not that hard to do this yourself .. or even take it too a dealer
Old 12-18-2005 | 06:05 AM
03track

cool....i wasn't too worried about it....just wondering what it was.

thanks
Old 12-18-2005 | 08:33 AM
Cra Z

LMAO seems to me that you havent been to the wonderful NISSAN DEALERS. You can go to the dealer with a gear grinding and you'll have to explain to them that you weren't racing for an hour and then go through 20 service men and IF YOU'RE LUCKY, they will " duplicate " the problem. And overzealous is right, its perfectly normal. Just because your car is 30 grand doesnt mean its not gonna make any noise on start up lol. Its still metal with plastics with an engine in it just like almost every other car out there.
Old 12-18-2005 | 09:32 AM
DayBlueZ

If it's a water noise, like rushing water. I agree with zealous.
I think i hear the radiator fluid going through my plenum also. Since i swapped plenums, i hear it really well.

Last edited by DayBlueZ; 12-18-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2005 | 11:41 AM
3rdgenguy

Originally Posted by Cra Z
LMAO seems to me that you havent been to the wonderful NISSAN DEALERS. You can go to the dealer with a gear grinding and you'll have to explain to them that you weren't racing for an hour and then go through 20 service men and IF YOU'RE LUCKY, they will " duplicate " the problem. And overzealous is right, its perfectly normal. Just because your car is 30 grand doesnt mean its not gonna make any noise on start up lol. Its still metal with plastics with an engine in it just like almost every other car out there.
funny thing aout that not to go off topic or this... i have put in 6 6 speed tranny's in customer's cars because of a grinding inbetween shifts.... i have never tried to void anyone's warrenty claiming they beat the living day lights out of the drivetrain..... unless the rear tires were bald and rubber was covering the rear qtrs(which i havent seen any).. Still i love dragracing and have beat on my cars.. so if i was in the customers position . i would hope to hell they would warrenty something that broke... at least thats how i look at this
Old 12-18-2005 | 02:22 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

anyways kids, my G sedan did the same thing, i think that it is coolant sloshing into the heater core, it sounds like it is right up in the dash, only when it was cold and i took off forward for the first time...

my 0.02 cents
Old 12-18-2005 | 02:24 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by DayBlueZ
If it's a water noise, like rushing water. I agree with zealous.
I think i hear the radiator fluid going through my plenum also. Since i swapped plenums, i hear it really well.
coolant doesnt go through the plenum, it goes through the throttle body for a few inches. i dont think that it goes through enough to possibly hear it...
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:04 PM
DayBlueZ

I have a Kinetix and i can hear it. I think, i didn't notice it until i installed the Kinetix at least. It doesn't go through the TB it goes through the neck of the plenum underneath of where the TB attaches.
Old 12-19-2005 | 07:07 AM
03track

yeah, it does sound like its near the dash for me too....anyways, we seem to all agree that its normal so im fine with it.....oh and while we're on the subject, (hijack time) my car grinds in 6th gear unless i granny shift it in....i bought the car used so i have no idea what kind of abuse it has gone through but 6th gear seemed odd to me for a grind to occur.....i mean, does that mean the previous driver was slamming it in 6th? all the other gears are fine....44k miles on the car though