Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

REDYNOED MY CAR.. Iam pissed

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:26 AM
EM-EFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97supratt
What mods do you have? My suggestion is to go over your regular maintenance items such as spark plugs and find out why you have a cel being thrown. If test pipes are your problem, there is a 5 dollar fix so you shouldnt worry. If you are misfiring it might be either your plugs are bad, or your coil is bad. Your best bet is to replace the plugs and find out if it misfires again, if it does then check your coils in that specific cylinder. Good luck man.
Yah Iam going to pick some plugs up tonight...

I already have the NON foulers in the test pipes but its still throwing a cel out.

My mods are:
Nismo Exhaust
Kinetix Test pipes
DC Headers
Nismo Cams
AAM Plenum Spacer
UR Pulleys
JWT intake
Technosquare reflash
Old 03-02-2006, 08:06 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lukesnyder

I already have the NON foulers in the test pipes but its still throwing a cel out.

My mods are:
Nismo Exhaust
Kinetix Test pipes
DC Headers
Nismo Cams
AAM Plenum Spacer
UR Pulleys
JWT intake
Technosquare reflash
If you have two non foulers for each o2 sensor then the cel shouldnt be thrown. Its most likely another cause that is throwing it. Your best bet would be to replace the plugs, reset the ecu and find out what happens.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:52 AM
BlackTuner

My mods are:
Nismo Exhaust
Kinetix Test pipes
DC Headers
Nismo Cams
AAM Plenum Spacer
UR Pulleys
JWT intake
Technosquare reflash
Luke,

What is the exact code being thrown? I would replace the spark plugs just to be safe and make sure they are gapped correctly. Just to get this correct, was your first dyno result (the high one) done before you had your ecu reflashed?

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Old 03-02-2006, 10:02 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Luke,

What is the exact code being thrown? I would replace the spark plugs just to be safe and make sure they are gapped correctly. Just to get this correct, was your first dyno result (the high one) done before you had your ecu reflashed?

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Yes the 278 was my first dyno two months ago... then it started throwing codes and runnin like crap ... I will get the codes tommorrow to try and post them up... the Advanced cam timing code was the most interesting one I found.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow this sucks to hear. Subscribing to see what happens after the spark plug replacement.

I thought the Technosquare reflash prevents the ECU from re-learning and re-adjusting??

Doesn't make sense to me why you're back to stock numbers... Except for the #5 cylinder miss fire code and advanced timing code, perhaps this is an indication of a problem with your cams?

Maybe you could mix some 100 octane in and see the result? Maybe the technosquare reflash gave you too advanced timing?

Just throwing some ideas out there, I know I'm not the most experienced guy when it comes to this stuff but I'm trying to help
Old 03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
99atlantic

I #5 cylinder miss fire code and the code for the 02 sensors. What is an easy way to see if I have a blown head gasket?? It does blow out light white smoke when I first start the car...

um, yea, I think there's another reason why you're losing power and it isn't because of the ****ty ECU.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
um, yea, I think there's another reason why you're losing power and it isn't because of the ****ty ECU.
If your suggesting its his head gasket I suggest you are incorrect. Head gaskets only blow because of two reasons, 1) overheating 2) Too much boost with a weak head gasket. He is N/A so its not boost, and i'm hoping he hasnt over heated. If he replaces the plugs and he still has a misfire, I say its his coil for #5 cylinder. But what do I know.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
EM-EFER

If your suggesting its his head gasket I suggest you are incorrect. Head gaskets only blow because of two reasons, 1) overheating 2) Too much boost with a weak head gasket. He is N/A so its not boost, and i'm hoping he hasnt over heated. If he replaces the plugs and he still has a misfire, I say its his coil for #5 cylinder. But what do I know.
But i used to be boosted.. And the car has overheated once before due to air needing to be purged very recently.. I was on the freeway with no shoulder and could not pull over for 1 mile .. If it does end up being an head gasket I will return the car to stock and bring it to the dealer to check it out. Only thing Iam worried about is the erratic idle of the cams giving away the car has some internal mods.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:49 AM
97supratt

But i used to be boosted.. And the car has overheated once before due to air needing to be purged very recently.. I was on the freeway with no shoulder and could not pull over for 1 mile .. If it does end up being an head gasket I will return the car to stock and bring it to the dealer to check it out. Only thing Iam worried about is the erratic idle of the cams giving away the car has some internal mods.
What type of cams do you have? Any specs? If it is very mild, you might get away with it. Good luck
Old 03-03-2006, 12:21 PM
EM-EFER

What type of cams do you have? Any specs? If it is very mild, you might get away with it. Good luck
There Nismo.. but it still idles like a chevy lol...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:33 PM
virgilio7

replace the spark plugs as stated above. if not buy a new coil pack.or buy the ones on ebay. like 6 for 80 bucks.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:23 PM
yeperra

Can you swap the coil pack from a different cylinder to see if it follows the coil?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yeperra
Can you swap the coil pack from a different cylinder to see if it follows the coil?
yes
Old 04-02-2006, 01:32 PM
EM-EFER

Well to update you guys incase this same thing happens to someone else..

I put in the new spark plugs... Moved coil from cylinder 4 to #5. Started it up, reset the ECU. Same code... misfire cylinder #5. So I thought .. maybe an injector is stuck open... I then took off the Cat on the #5 cylinder and found gas just sitting in the cat. So now I have to figure out if this is def. the problem.. Working on it more within the next 15min. Anyone have suggestion to be sure this is the problem?
Old 04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
phile

I don't want to have to tune anything. I wish I could just plug something in, or hit a button that automatically put the car in racing mode or economy mode.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Z33KRAZE

Have you put it on a scope yet? check your HC CO O2 CO2 NOX readings. maybe that will help your diagnosis a bit. its just an idea. or maybe a short somewhere in your injecters causing it to stay open. also if you can check your PWM to check your on and off time. if not then a new injector. once again just an input. hope it helps on your diagnosis. good luck man. now i need to figure out why my car pings!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:01 AM
virgilio7

I'm having the same issues you do but without codes which makes it 10 times worst lol.