Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

REDYNOED MY CAR.. Iam pissed

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
EM-EFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REDYNOED MY CAR.. Iam pissed

Found a leak in the upper plenum... I fix the leak and bring it back to the dyno
Same TEMPS, Humidity and everything as before.
Same place I pulled 278whp, 253tq two monthes ago...

This time ... 240WHP!!! then I pulled 250WHP for my best that day !!! Iam sick of this BS with the 350z's ECU. I was getting my *** kicked by cars that I should be running equal with and now I know why I was getting pulled..

Iam hoping a UTEC will cure this sht.. Iam placing my order this month
Old 02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Dragonacc

Ouch man, that hurts. Good luck with the UTEC, hope it fixes the problem.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 982 Likes on 745 Posts

should you reset your ecu often so it wont do that?

my car doesnt feel as strong and its been a while since ive reset the ecu and added parts....
Old 02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow bro that really sucks. Wonder what the ECU is doing?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:52 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lukesnyder
Found a leak in the upper plenum... I fix the leak and bring it back to the dyno
Same TEMPS, Humidity and everything as before.
Same place I pulled 278whp, 253tq two monthes ago...

This time ... 240WHP!!! then I pulled 250WHP for my best that day !!! Iam sick of this BS with the 350z's ECU. I was getting my *** kicked by cars that I should be running equal with and now I know why I was getting pulled..

Iam hoping a UTEC will cure this sht.. Iam placing my order this month
Honestly I hate these damn ECU's. I'm so sick of the complexity of this crap. NISSAN is a goddamn dissappointment.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Nano

getting the UTEC for same reasons...

**** the ecu

I was running consistent 105mph after mods... one month later car feels slow, go to dragstrip again, I run 101-102... amost like stock

Last edited by Nano; 02-28-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
EM-EFER

getting the UTEC for same reasons...

**** the ecu

I was running consistent 105mph after mods... one month later car feels slow, go to dragstrip again, I run 101-102... amost like stock
I thought the car was a beast after the cams were installed.. then all of a sudden it started loosing all sorts of power.. now it feels stock again.

Wow bro that really sucks. Wonder what the ECU is doing?
I dont even have the slightest.. Iam prolly going to go down to MRC when the weather get better to have them do the tuning on it.

Honestly I hate these damn ECU's. I'm so sick of the complexity of this crap. NISSAN is a goddamn dissappointment.
I totally agree.. It really sucks the only way to fix the problem is spending $1600.. I lost almost 40whp
Old 02-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SAE corrected both times? Maybe one was SAE and one was standard? or no correction, look into it. How did your A/F compare between your previous dyno and now? Larger tires/rims on the car now? Did you do a 5th gear pull before and only do a 4th this time? My car and many other Z's do much lower in 4th than 5th, on my car as much as 40whp difference on a dynojet. Just today I dyno'd 30whp higher in 5th than in 4th. In 5th the dyno goes slower, more air gets into the cylinders making more power, the "true" power numbers imo(1:1)...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:55 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one word-turbo! then all your go fast problems will go away. but alot of check writing will follow suit, lol.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:10 PM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by Alberto
SAE corrected both times? Maybe one was SAE and one was standard? or no correction, look into it. How did your A/F compare between your previous dyno and now? Larger tires/rims on the car now? Did you do a 5th gear pull before and only do a 4th this time? My car and many other Z's do much lower in 4th than 5th, on my car as much as 40whp difference on a dynojet. Just today I dyno'd 30whp higher in 5th than in 4th. In 5th the dyno goes slower, more air gets into the cylinders making more power, the "true" power numbers imo(1:1)...
No SAE corrections either times. This time my AF was 12:1 which is still rich and this is the third time sending this ECU back to technosquare... I just got it back and fixed the leak in the plenum and thought "Maybe ill hit 280" But obviously that didnt happen. Technosquare said all they did was added a little more timing WOT to lean it out a little and add a little more fuel. We did all my pulls in 4th gear both times I have went. I have another ECU that I had technosquare flash to my old stock one and plan on going this saturday to get it dynoed with a stock ECU in the car.

one word-turbo! then all your go fast problems will go away. but alot of check writing will follow suit, lol.
LOL iam not rich like scotty warbucks! Iam trying to work out some prices with a vendor who hasnt gotten back to me yet
Old 02-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If no corrections then its actual. Meaning you prolly had better conditions this time than last, even if temps were same, barometric pressure can make a difference. Only way to really tell, is open the files in dynojet runviewer, and set em both to SAE correction to account for differences in conditions then see. Does it feel a lot slower?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:49 AM
virgilio7

did you reset the ecu? could it be the knock sensor pulling timing? datalog first with a obd2 reader to see if your timing is being pulled. my car did the opposite. does great on the dyno and then on the street started lagging and pulling timing. endedup being the headgasket blown check first to see if your car is pulling timing and find the reason why before you spend on more mods.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:22 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A chart would be helpful.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bye bye stupid computer issues, i put my UTEC in last night, believe me, i hate these learning computers...

now i just have to get everything working correctly and utilize all of its functions...
Old 03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
bye bye stupid computer issues, i put my UTEC in last night, believe me, i hate these learning computers...

now i just have to get everything working correctly and utilize all of its functions...
lol, Jeremy get it tuned professionally man.

I'm getting mines REAL soon as we speak. A few more bolt on's and i'll be taking mine to CFT.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the UTEC shall set you free
Old 03-02-2006, 06:25 AM
EM-EFER

I will post a chart as soon as they send me the dyno graph.. their printer was F'ed up so I told him to just email it to me.. BTW I did reset the ECU two days before b/c it was running like sht and throwing CEL's. A few of the Cels were- Advanced timing error on the ECU, #5 cylinder miss fire code and the code for the 02 sensors. What is an easy way to see if I have a blown head gasket?? It does blow out light white smoke when I first start the car...

Last edited by EM-EFER; 03-02-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:46 AM
BlackTuner

A few of the Cels were- Advanced timing error on the ECU, #5 cylinder miss fire code and the code for the 02 sensors. What is an easy way to see if I have a blown head gasket?? It does blow out light white smoke when I first start the car
Luke,

I would love for the UTEC to fix your power problem, so you can go on and live in the happy land. But, I have to wonder why you have misfires on the number 5 cylinder. How many miles are on your car? When was the last time you replaced your spark plugs? If you replaced your plugs which ones did you use? What have you changed since the last dyno session?

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Old 03-02-2006, 06:48 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Luke,

I would love for the UTEC to fix your power problem, so you can go on and live in the happy land. But, I have to wonder why you have misfires on the number 5 cylinder. How many miles are on your car? When was the last time you replaced your spark plugs? If you replaced your plugs which ones did you use? What have you changed since the last dyno session?

Thanks,

Jermaine~

You know what when I installed the cams the spark plugs did look completely beat and blown out.... but I only have 15k on the car. Should I really need spark plugs already?? THe only thing changed since the last dyno session is the ECU with the correct fuel map I got back from Technosquare... I also fixed the leak in the upper plenum... but even before I sent out the ECU is was running like a complete dog!

Last edited by EM-EFER; 03-02-2006 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lukesnyder
You know what when I installed the cams the spark plugs did look completely beat and blown out.... but I only have 15k on the car. Should I really need spark plugs already?? THe only thing changed since the last dyno session is the ECU with the correct fuel map I got back from Technosquare... I also fixed the leak in the upper plenum... but even before I sent out the ECU is was running like a complete dog!
What mods do you have? My suggestion is to go over your regular maintenance items such as spark plugs and find out why you have a cel being thrown. If test pipes are your problem, there is a 5 dollar fix so you shouldnt worry. If you are misfiring it might be either your plugs are bad, or your coil is bad. Your best bet is to replace the plugs and find out if it misfires again, if it does then check your coils in that specific cylinder. Good luck man.

Quick Reply: REDYNOED MY CAR.. Iam pissed