Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

pics w/ aftermarket radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:23 AM
03_Track_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics w/ aftermarket radiator?

Anyone with the Koyo or other aftermarket radiators with good shots of the front of your car? I want to know if this is going to make me look like I wish I had FI or of it really just looks like a radiator... Thanks.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well think of it this way: There is a Composite support in front of the radiator so basically it is going to look like a radiator with a mess of wires and plastic behind it. I may be remedying that problem fairly soon on my personal car as I will be set up with a full tubular front end at the beginning of summer.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 PM
03_Track_Z

thanks, id still like to see some pictures though, does anyone have any?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

If you're thinking it'll look like a FMIC, it won't. Because of the location, it's going to look like any ol' radiator. Here's mine with the Koyo.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:52 AM
03_Track_Z

thats great, i didnt want it to, thanks!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 AM
350Zteve

You wont see it at all. The A/C condenser is in front of the radiator. No matter what rad you install, all you will see is the same A/C condenser.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
If you're thinking it'll look like a FMIC, it won't. Because of the location, it's going to look like any ol' radiator. Here's mine with the Koyo.

interesting.. never seen an aftermarket radiator. does it really make a difference? How much hp do you gain
Old 03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by Cannysage
interesting.. never seen an aftermarket radiator. does it really make a difference? How much hp do you gain
LOL. No gains. Simply for cooling & looking cool vs. the OEM since it's SS .
Old 03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
jmckuhen

LOL. No gains. Simply for cooling & looking cool vs. the OEM since it's SS .
You can't even see the darn thing cause the ac condesor is in front of it and the compostie core support is on top of it. Unless I told you, you would not even know I had one in my engine bay. Kinda sucks, cause I was at least hoping for a little bling but oh well it does what it is supposed to do. I do like it even though u cant see it.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by jmckuhen
You can't even see the darn thing cause the ac condesor is in front of it and the compostie core support is on top of it. Unless I told you, you would not even know I had one in my engine bay. Kinda sucks, cause I was at least hoping for a little bling but oh well it does what it is supposed to do. I do like it even though u cant see it.
I agree you can't see it from the outside but you definitely see it when you pop the hood since it's thicker. I'd post pics but unfortunately my camera recently broke so I'll have to post some later when I buy a new one.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
jmckuhen

I agree you can't see it from the outside but you definitely see it when you pop the hood since it's thicker. I'd post pics but unfortunately my camera recently broke so I'll have to post some later when I buy a new one.
You can see it barley b/c the composite core cover up about 75% of the width of the radiator. Most people don't notice, and I have to point it out. Yes i see it, but I also know its there. Also, did you get the 2-1/16" core cause i got the 1-7/16" core which may be the difference we are talking about.

Vince
Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Not mine but my radiator basically looks like this to give you an idea...

I didn't intend to get it for looks but it was just a plus that it's SS. If nobody notices, I really don't care. For me however, I notice everything about a car down to the bolts they use so I'm pretty satisfied with it.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:42 AM
jmckuhen

WOW! That's one beautiful engine bay!

I guess its just 2 different opinions, cause you can see it but not much of it in my opinion. I guess I am 2 used to the other cars that dont have anything covering it. Oh well.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:04 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Haha if you want to make it look like you have some performance mods such as turbo, nitrous, etc. check these out.

Talk about taking rice to a whole new level

NOS woofers--yes, naawwwwwwwwwwss!!!!!!!

BOV sound simulator--personaly, I would rather hang out the window and go "pssssssst" haha
http://sunamiturbo.com/index.html

"Cars depicted are highly modified for show which may include molding or adding to the original piece. Parts such as lights, splitters, canards, paint, and others accessories are not included unless specified in the product description.)"--i mean seriously now, i dont even know where to begin with this one...stupid extreme dimensions, how ricey can you get?
http://www.extremedimensions.com/3878.html

Ok I am done now, you may resume your normal forum whoring activities
Old 03-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Quamen

My radiator as mentioned before will be visible when i am done. There will be nothing in front of the radiator at all. This means no composite piece and no condensor as both are removed from my car. I have to buy my engine in the next month and then it will be put in and the car will go to Furo Racing to have the whole front tubular assembly made. Should be sweet since there will be a few trick things that I will be adding. Everything will be mounted cleanly such as a oil catch can, radiator, oil cooler, oil filter relocation kit and power steering cooler. I will post as soon as things get going here. Hopefully some time next month.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:57 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Quamen
My radiator as mentioned before will be visible when i am done. There will be nothing in front of the radiator at all. This means no composite piece and no condensor as both are removed from my car. I have to buy my engine in the next month and then it will be put in and the car will go to Furo Racing to have the whole front tubular assembly made. Should be sweet since there will be a few trick things that I will be adding. Everything will be mounted cleanly such as a oil catch can, radiator, oil cooler, oil filter relocation kit and power steering cooler. I will post as soon as things get going here. Hopefully some time next month.
Where will you be mounting the catch tank, oil cooler, and filter relocation?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:05 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
Haha if you want to make it look like you have some performance mods such as turbo, nitrous, etc. check these out.

Talk about taking rice to a whole new level

NOS woofers--yes, naawwwwwwwwwwss!!!!!!!

BOV sound simulator--personaly, I would rather hang out the window and go "pssssssst" haha
http://sunamiturbo.com/index.html

"Cars depicted are highly modified for show which may include molding or adding to the original piece. Parts such as lights, splitters, canards, paint, and others accessories are not included unless specified in the product description.)"--i mean seriously now, i dont even know where to begin with this one...stupid extreme dimensions, how ricey can you get?
http://www.extremedimensions.com/3878.html

Ok I am done now, you may resume your normal forum whoring activities
LMAO!

But you're missing the following ...

Turbonator:

http://www.turbonator.com/

Fake BOV Sound:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fake-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Quamen

The oil cooler and power steering cooler will be located on the passenger side one above the other. Will have ducting that brings air from the opening of the front bumper and will also be vacuumed out the front of the wheel wells like many have been doing. The intake will be on the normal side. However it will be a very straight design and will not require a heat shield since the filter will be up in the bumper. I am cutting and trimming the black piece which has the hole for the stock air box to allow the filter to sit further up in the bumper without having bends yet allowing it to be further from heat.

The oil catch can will be mounted where the coolant overflow was and I will be installing either an aftermarket universal overflow tank or having a custom one made. The hardest part will be the custom air diversion panel since the composite part is being ditched. I also forgot that this will use hood pins. I will be retaining the stock fans and that is about it.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:50 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Lmao@ The Turbonator!

Hahahaha!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:50 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Quamen
The oil cooler and power steering cooler will be located on the passenger side one above the other. Will have ducting that brings air from the opening of the front bumper and will also be vacuumed out the front of the wheel wells like many have been doing. The intake will be on the normal side. However it will be a very straight design and will not require a heat shield since the filter will be up in the bumper. I am cutting and trimming the black piece which has the hole for the stock air box to allow the filter to sit further up in the bumper without having bends yet allowing it to be further from heat.

The oil catch can will be mounted where the coolant overflow was and I will be installing either an aftermarket universal overflow tank or having a custom one made. The hardest part will be the custom air diversion panel since the composite part is being ditched. I also forgot that this will use hood pins. I will be retaining the stock fans and that is about it.
That sounds awesome man! Do you have any pictures of this setup? And where is the oil filter being relocated to?

Quick Reply: pics w/ aftermarket radiator?