Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ECU Reflash to Avoid SES?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:11 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECU Reflash to Avoid SES?

Does anyone know if a reflash can be custom-tailored to ignore or bypass a specific SES condition? For example, could I ask TS to set up my reflash to ignore an SES from the evaporative system, P0441-0447? That sure would be very useful. I know I could use Cipher or someting like it to reset it occasionally, but an ECU that ignores this condition alltogether would be ideal.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
undrgnd

One more time, anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly you should just ask TS instead of asking us if you can ask them.

The people over there like answering questions.

Let me guess, you have greddy evo 2 exhaust and you fuct up the evap canister? You wouldn't be the first.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by undrgnd
Does anyone know if a reflash can be custom-tailored to ignore or bypass a specific SES condition? For example, could I ask TS to set up my reflash to ignore an SES from the evaporative system, P0441-0447? That sure would be very useful. I know I could use Cipher or someting like it to reset it occasionally, but an ECU that ignores this condition alltogether would be ideal.
Why are you getting this code? That is what I would figure out. It isn't like a FI guy or guy with cams occasionally getting a random misfire. I would try to fix the cause of the SES light
Old 04-04-2006, 05:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
Why are you getting this code? That is what I would figure out. It isn't like a FI guy or guy with cams occasionally getting a random misfire. I would try to fix the cause of the SES light
Its caused by moving the Evap cannister with the Greddy Dual exhaust. Pretty common problem...
Old 04-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Its caused by moving the Evap cannister with the Greddy Dual exhaust. Pretty common problem...

Not pretty common if you relocate the evap properly. I ran the greddy without this type of code. If someone is repeatedly getting this code from a evap relocation, they need to go over their work again and make sure it is right.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:40 AM
undrgnd

I have the Amure R1 Titan, and I didn't even try to relocate the cannister, I just disconnected the sensors and removed it. Is there a kit or any instructions on how to relocate it? I've searched all the forums and googled it, but no success. Does Greddy offer guidance on that?

TS told me that they will not touch the emmissions part of the ECU program for legal reasons, so this path is out. It sure would be nice though.

Last edited by undrgnd; 04-05-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by undrgnd
I have the Amure R1 Titan, and I didn't even try to relocate the cannister, I just disconnected the sensors and removed it. Is there a kit or any instructions on how to relocate it? I've searched all the forums and googled it, but no success. Does Greddy offer guidance on that?
No they don't. the relocation that is associated with the greddy exhaust will not be the same as what you would be looking at. That said, find a place to mount it and just extend/reroute the hoses. why can't the Amuse be used with the evap canister in place?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:17 PM
undrgnd

Originally Posted by Zivman
No they don't. the relocation that is associated with the greddy exhaust will not be the same as what you would be looking at. That said, find a place to mount it and just extend/reroute the hoses. why can't the Amuse be used with the evap canister in place?
The Amuse is a twin cannister exhaust, splitting into two completely different mufflers from the back-pipe rearward, mounted crosswise. The inlet and outlet pipimg to each muffler has 2 1/2" large radius bends, hence it encroaches into the cannister space.