Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Driving with one stock header and one aftermarket??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Roggan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driving with one stock header and one aftermarket??

Im having some issues with one of my Strup headers, after a very long and costly garage visit it seams there is a weld thats leaking on the left header...

While im taking care of the problem i currently have a stock header on one side and a strup header on the other. I dont know how long it will take to sort the problem.

The question i have is do you think it could cause any potential harm to the engine to mix 2 different type of headers? Im usually driving the car quite hard

My guess is that the wouldnt be any noticable difference or potential harm, but i would feel safer with some confirmation or advice

/Roger
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
overZealous1

why did they not just weld the sucker up and send ya on your way? ok, ok, that didn't answer your question. you should be fine for a little while.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Roggan

Originally Posted by overZealous1
why did they not just weld the sucker up and send ya on your way? ok, ok, that didn't answer your question. you should be fine for a little while.
Well first of all they where crappy enough to not even find the hole at all... I told them 3 times, check if the header is leaking, but they went on about that its very hard to "preassure check" a header bla bla, took me some tape and 3 minutes.

The problem is that the hole is at the center of the junction point where all 3 pipes meet, and you cant see it from looking into the exit hole, so its crazy hard to reach that spot to weld it.

/Roger