0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Mod List

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 12:32 AM
inG35coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod List

I plan on getting these products for the 350Z. I know a lot of these are not available yet, but I will get them when they come out. Do they sound good? :

Mod List
HKS pistons
HKS camshaft
JIC Control Arms
HKS Connecting Rod
HKS Head Gasket
Top Secret Intake Manifold
Nismo sleeves
AEM cold air intake
Injen straight- back exhaust (stainless-steel)
Nismo, Veilside, HKS, or Top Secret headers
Unorthodox Racing Pulleys
Mines, Amuse, or Espirit ECU
Stop Tech big brake kit
Stop Tech Brake lines
Nismo Rear Differential
JIC suspension
350EVO Bushings
HKS grounding kit
Greddy Oil Cooler
JWT flywheel
Pros Engineering clutch
PWR radiator
Power Enterprise fuel pump
HKS spark plugs
ZEX nitrous
So far:
Stillen side skirts
Espirit Rear Valance
Veilside front carbon fiber lip
Carbon Fiber hood
Volk Racing TE-37 white Rims
Yokohama tires
Apexi fuel controller
Blitz turbo timer
Apexi Rev meter
AEM fuel rail
After all of this:
a twin turbo

SOUND GOOD?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:36 AM
dr_gallup

Why bother buying a Z at all if you are going to change everything? Just buy all those aftermarket parts and bolt them together. Most people I know who have thrown a bunch of catalog parts on older Z's ended up with less than they started with IMHO. In other words, bone jarring ride, poor drivability, fugly looking POS.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:38 AM
AKAkracker247

Good luck getting the $$$ for all that...But once you complete that list, nothing will touch you.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:40 AM
inG35coupe

Originally posted by dr_gallup
Why bother buying a Z at all if you are going to change everything? Just buy all those aftermarket parts and bolt them together. Most people I know who have thrown a bunch of catalog parts on older Z's ended up with less than they started with IMHO. In other words, bone jarring ride, poor drivability, fugly looking POS.
Why even buy a Z if you aren't going to fix it up? Maybe you just couldn't handle it, maybe that's why you don't want to fix it up. And if you want to be a smart @ss, you can't bolt those products together. You probably dive an automatic. heh.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:37 PM
GY-Z

hm...interesting!
so watz the total amount of money u goning to spend on ur Z?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:27 PM
inG35coupe

Notice, this is what I will have, and not all at once. It will cost a lot of money, and it will take a while. This is my "dream" for the 350Z.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:33 PM
joeshow750

You're gonna have a race car when you're done...gonna be sweet...oh, and, you know we want pics of your progress. Don't forget bigger fuel injectors (didn't see those on your list). I noticed you put
So far:
Stillen side skirts
Espirit Rear Valance
Veilside front carbon fiber lip
Carbon Fiber hood
Volk Racing TE-37 white Rims
Yokohama tires
Apexi fuel controller
Blitz turbo timer
Apexi Rev meter
AEM fuel rail

So you have all of these already?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:40 PM
GY-Z

ya..i know...
wat i meant is any estimate price?
and estimate gain in HP??(must be some serious #)
Old 03-02-2003, 07:52 PM
inG35coupe

joeshow750 - What I meant by so far, I was talking about the body stuff. Since all of the companies haven't came out with their kit yet, I meant this is what I want so far; as far as body stuff goes.

GY-Z - I don't know, it could be anywhere from $6,000 to $10,000.
I want to be able to reach 500 hrsepower eventually but that might be hard to come by. It will require a lot of work. I hope this answers any of your questions. If any of you would like to ask me anything else you can instant message me at Hockey67stangBMW on aol.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:15 PM
inG35coupe

Originally posted by inG35coupe
Why even buy a Z if you aren't going to fix it up? Maybe you just couldn't handle it, maybe that's why you don't want to fix it up. And if you want to be a smart @ss, you can't bolt those products together. You probably dive an automatic. heh.
No offense to anyone who drives an auto except dr_gallup . Please do not make this a big fight. thanks
Old 03-03-2003, 05:15 AM
BigBadBuford

It sounds like a pretty good list of mods, but I wouldn't limit myself to certain brand names right now, especially since I don't think some of the products on your list will ever exist (like the Injen exhaust). Also, I wouldn't bother putting on headers or an intake if you are going to do a turbo kit down the road because it will just be a waste of money since the turbo kit would replace those parts.
I'm personally waiting at least a year to do anything to mine to see what ends up giving the best bang for the buck. I also want to wait a bit longer until a few more people blow up their Z's so I can get a good idea of the weak points in the drivetrain so I will know what to focus on when I build mine.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:37 AM
inG35coupe

Injen does have this exhaust coming out, I saw an ad in 3 or 4 different magazines. I will email anyone who wants to see it.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Mod List

yikes. thats a tall order to fill!

there is alot more than just bolting on some of these items and hope that it works. you'll have to plan alot especially for the major engine/fuel/tranny mods...

you should set a goal for your self.

do you want Show? do you want Race? or just a general street cruiser..

cuz you slap on that turbo and N20 system thats really only good for straight line... so i take it your car will be for drag?

i hope you know how to install alot of these things cuz labor costs at a shop will probably be about the same price you paid for the mods..
Old 03-03-2003, 11:31 AM
inG35coupe

All I know is I am going to make a car that is AWESOME. I am going to race it sometimes on the track/ drag. I am going to make a car that will beat a saleen(and yes I know there are more than one kind of saleen), corvette, viper, other imports, muscle cars, and hopefully Ferrari's (lol). I'm going to say this once, and only once. THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING IT IS GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE, I KNOW, THAT'S WHY IT IS GOING TO TAKE A LONG TIME. This will be my car forever, I will keep it until I die. So I don't have to worry about what mods I am going to do. And the reason I am getting headers and exhaust is, it will take a long time to raise the money to get a TT. I will sell the parts (headers and intake) when I get the TT on.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:50 AM
all_bark

Default Remember to Stay Flexible!

Most or at least some of those parts will be made better, different, or more efficient down the road. Do not lock yourself in (mentally) to ONLY that list.

There will be (hopefully) more available down the road that may change your mind on some of those things.

Good luck on the LIFE PROJECT!!!!!

Stay safe.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:21 AM
NightRider

When modding a car, Its best to set a goal as to what you want the car to do. Writing a list down of parts will get you nothing but a cluttered car full of useless gadgets and an empty wallet. I've been there. You'll take a big hit when you sell your old parts off, so you'll just be throwing money away. Since you said that it will take a long time, why don't you use the time to do research on each product and see if it will give you the results that you are looking for in the end? While you do that, just save your money to get what you really want. Also, alot of what you have on that list are repeats. for instance: Stop Tech Braided Brake Lines come with the Big Brake Kit. All of the engine building may not be nessessary. Its best to see what this engine can do before dumping loads of money into it. You may not need to spend alot on name brands either. I may be releasing copper head gaskets in the future. I can already tell that you know what you want to do because your already thought of fuel requirements, transmission, strength of the engine and the most forgotten: the cooling system. The best way to do this is to set the basics of what you want, then replace whatever breaks down the line.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:13 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once all those mods are put on you will have one unique Z. Considering how much all that is gonna cost, I think Id rather have a GT-R once it comes out.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:52 PM
erock

Um, I change my vote.... I voted Turbocharger before i saw Twin Turbo.....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Stop7alkin

NA = too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$