TayTaythatsme04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Install Guide to SUN Hyper Force System

The one I brought didnt have a install guide need a copy thanks

T
Old 09-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought I included the directions in the box.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 AM
islandsnow

i can look for mine and tell you how. It's super easy though, take off anything in the way, the plastic engine cover, any intake tube. Lay the harness on the engine, you can start seeing how it's laid out, like which plug goes to which coil pack. The blue device actually gets mounted just below the front of the passenger strut tower and it mounts right there, you will have to take off the screws for one of the tanks. All the black wires get grounded, so gather up 3 on the drivers side and ground them, and 3 on the passenger side. There are a lot of ground points on the Z, just pick a convenient place and mount the black ground wires there. All the blue connectors go on the coil packs then the stock connector goes on that. I think the only thing left is a power wire that goes to the battery. I'll go look for mine now and double check.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
MurphysZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islandsnow
i can look for mine and tell you how. It's super easy though, take off anything in the way, the plastic engine cover, any intake tube. Lay the harness on the engine, you can start seeing how it's laid out, like which plug goes to which coil pack. The blue device actually gets mounted just below the front of the passenger strut tower and it mounts right there, you will have to take off the screws for one of the tanks. All the black wires get grounded, so gather up 3 on the drivers side and ground them, and 3 on the passenger side. There are a lot of ground points on the Z, just pick a convenient place and mount the black ground wires there. All the blue connectors go on the coil packs then the stock connector goes on that. I think the only thing left is a power wire that goes to the battery. I'll go look for mine now and double check.
That's all the more the directions you will tell you also. Like he said, just about everything is measured out in that harness, you will see where everthing goes when you lay the harness on the engine. Power wire to Positive terminal of the battery. You will see the light blink on the hyper force system when you start the car, if it doesn't blink, something is wrong. I hate to admit but, I forgot to hook the power wire up when I did my install, I started the car and only because that light wasn't blinking, I knew I forgot something. Pull the harness out of the box and lay it on the floor, you will see what we are talking about and why it easier than it looks. It just looks a little confusing because of all the wires and plugs. 2 plugs for each coil pack 1 in from the factory wire, 1 goes back out to the coil pack.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 AM
MurphysZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, don't try to short cut around not taking the air tube out, it will just frustrate you when you go to wire those leads. I laughed for an hour watching someone I saw try to do it with the air tube in.....I tried to tell him, but he thought he could work around it.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:45 AM
islandsnow

basic install from the manual in a nutshell

parts list

1 harness, 1 bracket A, 1 bracket B, M4x6 screw 2, M4x10 screw 2, hexagon nut with flange m4 2, tie wrap 10, double stick tape 1, instruction manual.

1. take off negative lead of battery

2. take two of the small (shorter screws) and mount the main hyper force unit to bracket A.

3. use the 2 other screws and the hex nuts to mount bracket B, to bracket A. (there is only one way to do this so it's a no brainer)

4. mount the unit using existing power steering reservoir screws ( you will see that the mount holes on the hyper force bracket line up with the reservoir screws) use the screws that are holding the power steering fluid. The big black coupler should be facing the engine.

5. lay out the harness, laying the coupler near the hyper force unit, do not connect yet. The longer wires of course go to the drivers side , the middle harness going to the passenger side.

7. press the coil connecter and pull off the existing wire harness by the connector, not the wires. Connect the new harness to the coil packs and then the existing harness into the new harness. Do them one by one not to mix them up.

8. grab the 3 black ground wires on each side and find a existing ground wire and attach it there. They picture the left front of the engine where there is a ground wire, and for the right, the bolt that attaches the intake tube, but there are other ground points on the right side to use also.

8. Once all the harnesses are clicked in solidly, and all ground wires attached to solid ground points, attach the harness coupler to the hyper force unit.

9. Now route the power wire from the harness to the battery + terminal. Attach it to the battery + post.

10. Tie down the harness with the wire ties so as to give it a little play if there is any vibration and away from any heat or moving parts.

11. Put your intake tube back on and negative battery lead and start up the engine. The blue light should pulse on the unit once the engine is started. Replace any other parts removed, engine cover, etc.

Last edited by islandsnow; 09-02-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:25 PM
TayTaythatsme04

thanks guys

oh and kwame In already put in the voltage system works great thanks

T
Old 09-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh ok, I just realized I read the title wrong. Glad everything worked out.