Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350Z Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 05:11 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Great Job

How soon will it be on sale and how much??

Looks great

Thanks for taking the time to post some real numbers. Totaly makes me want to buy this system over the stillen system. Test results go along way.

Later
Aceman
Old 03-12-2003, 08:07 AM
rtakashima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy to hear the positive feedback. We are proud that we can provide you the data that we delivered. It is our job to give the end consumer true results. Our moto has always been "We're leading the way." If all manufactures can deliver coparable data, the consumer benefits the most.

To answer a few questions:

1. The exhausts is full, polished, stainless steel. This includes the inside of the can, the hangers, and the flanges. Most stainless system mufflers are aluminum inside and eventually rust. We spared no expense.

2. We have sent our prototypes to Japan and have heard rave reviews. People have said that no Japanese system or US system even comes close to the new Super SES by Injen. Many hours went into this project to ensure peak power.

3. The MSRP is $975.00 for this dual exhaust, part number SES1985RS. We do not sell to the public so the retail to the end consumer will usually vary. See our dealer list.

4. The exhaust should be ready in April. We are releasing 8 other exhaust systems at the same time. The jigs are finished and production has begun.

5. Not shown in the photo are the Super SES bumper decal and the 2 bronze colored silencers that this exhaust comes with at no extra charge. Can you order the silencer in a different color? No, this wll be the Super SES trademark.

6. Does the exhaust come with a Y pipe? We tried the Y pipe and are still doing R&D but have found the Y pipe is making minimal power. We don't want to offer an exhaust that makes little to no power. A Y pipe exhaust would be a little cheaper but again, there is a power issue.

So, I believe I have addressed all of the questions except for weight. To be honest, I have not weighed the exhaust but we will get you a weight asap. Thanks again for the support.

Regards,

Ryan Takashima
Old 03-12-2003, 09:10 AM
99AllTurbo

Thanks again Ryan.
I was hoping the price included the y-pipe, but at least you don't want to waste the consumer's money by selling a y-pipe that isn't improving hp.

I had a Thermal Research and development SS exhaust on my 99 turbo Eclipse and liked the fact it was all polished, so the SES exh has earned some more points in my book.

Will we be able to see the other 8 exhausts on your site?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2003, 12:47 PM
dtblktrack

That is awesome and something that I will be adding to my car in the very near future. I have one question still. I know that the exhaust is not available yet and that it was a test car that you have put it on, but has anyone that added the intake seen any improvements in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times and if so what kind of times have you got?
Old 03-12-2003, 12:56 PM
dtblktrack

That is awesome and something that I will be adding to my car in the very near future. I have one question still. I know that the exhaust is not available yet and that it was a test car that you have put it on, but has anyone that added the intake seen any improvements in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times and if so what kind of times have you got?
Old 03-12-2003, 10:50 PM
integrate

Originally posted by rtakashima
[...

6. Does the exhaust come with a Y pipe? We tried the Y pipe and are still doing R&D but have found the Y pipe is making minimal power. We don't want to offer an exhaust that makes little to no power. A Y pipe exhaust would be a little cheaper but again, there is a power issue.

[/B]
I'm a bit confused. Do you mean a Y-pipe that removes the cats? Because in the pics, it shows the two pipes that create a Y shape from the cat-back...so wouldn't those be considered a type of a two piece Y-pipe? Since it's a dual system.

The SES exhaust is a full cat-back system, correct?
Old 03-13-2003, 04:29 AM
mcclaskz

From the pics on the website, it looks as though the SES exhaust is a true dual, cat back. It looks like it has no X pipe. Each bank looks like it has its own pipe/muffler that extends all the way back. I like the numbers, is there any downside to not having an X pipe to equalize? I hope the tips will extend out a little more, as it has been said, the exhaust marked the rear bumper.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:07 AM
J Ritt

mclaskz,
Not sure if you know anything about the Z06 vette or not, but they have a few aftermarket exhaust options that utilize an X pipe (corsa in particular), which is different from their stock setup. The X pipe setup is supposed to even out the pulses and smooth the flow. On the Z06, they are also able to get rid of the lift throttle burble that you hear in the Injen videos with an X pipe. listen to the video of them gunning the Z with the injen exhaust on it. When they lift the throttle, there is a burbling/gurgling sound in the exhaust....that's what I'm referring to. As I said, the main purpose for the X pipe would be to balance and smooth the exhaust fllow and help increase the velocity at which it leaves the engine. Some would say that the cancellation of the lift burble is an added aural bonus, but some like that sound. It sounds like, based on their research, Injen wasn't finding the gains in the Y pipe area, and therefore decided to focus on the area where they could get some more power.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:26 AM
rtakashima

In regards to the tip, it is longer for the production run. We saw that problem too after the dyno.

The setup on the web is what you will get (except longer tip, decal, and silencers).

I see questions about the y pipe, about the x pipe, and let's just clear the air.... look at the pictures and that should answer any question. If you are still confused, call or email me at ryant@injen.com. Busy days lately and I don't have time to check the private messages all of the time, sorry.

This will be my final post until something new comes out or there is any new development.

Thanks guys!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:38 AM
Zaphod 350z

Can the system be purchased with straight pipes after the cats, bypassing the center resonators relying strictly on the mufflers for noise reduction? I don't care about decibal level, i want flow through.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:12 AM
J Ritt

I think the last sentence of my last post was a little misleading...what I mean is, Injen did not see gains (or did not try) an x pipe to replace the Y pipe...they just went straight back from the cats. Sorry bout that. As ryan said...just look at the pics and you'll understand.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:04 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Hey Guys, why is the angle of the exhaust come up in that awkward angle? As well, if you notice in the pics, the exhaust gasses have burned the top of the cutout for the tips. Everything else is excellent but that angle and burn..
Old 03-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by barnicleboy
Hey Guys, why is the angle of the exhaust come up in that awkward angle? As well, if you notice in the pics, the exhaust gasses have burned the top of the cutout for the tips. Everything else is excellent but that angle and burn..
They did say the production tips would be longer Barnicleboy, guessing that's why.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:59 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have gotten under the car... the mufflers could not exit at a straight angle... you would slam straight into the suspension.

The angle not only is the smoothest exit... its the easiest to accomodate.