Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

show AND go

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Celestial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default show AND go

Hey folks, I got a question:
I am looking to have both show and go, with a system installed, body kit, vertical doors and a bunch of other goodies, what do I have to do to the engine in order to get it to 10's in 1/4 times?

I can think of doing some things like a TT, plenum spacer, nos, entire suspension, exhaust, test pipes, headers, flywheel, port and polished, 1 step colder spark plugs, fuel management system and ECU upgrade. What do I have to do in order to get the car into mid to low 10's without a TT since it costs a fortune? I don't want to entirely go "go", and I don't plan on rebuilding my motor top to bottom to hold up bigger TT or more Nos, so what boltons can I use to get the car to those times.

I'll put on a flame jacket if it's a noobie question.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:02 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think with all the restrictions you are listing, hopes and dreams would be the only way to get into the 10's
Old 10-09-2006, 11:05 AM
350zz053

Originally Posted by Celestial
what do I have to do to the engine in order to get it to 10's in 1/4 times?
Waste a lot, A LOT of money
Old 10-09-2006, 11:06 AM
jtabraham

This would work:

Attached Thumbnails show AND go-186726rwyv_w.jpg  

Last edited by jtabraham; 10-09-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Driven1
Professional

This definitely isn't gonna happen bro especially with the restrictions you listed. And I hope you have some pretty deep pockets for those mods.

No matter what you do. Practice your driving FIRST.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:21 AM
THE TECH

This has got to be a joke.

If you open the vertical doors and hit the NOS, you should be able to achieve liftoff.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM
savvy

you will NEVER get into 10's without a fully built motor and twin turbos. unless you run like a 400 shot of nitrous and blow up your engine and use slicks to get traction. Without tons of money you will never see 10's. Full boltons you are look at very high 12's with a great driver
Old 10-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Celestial

Originally Posted by savvy
you will NEVER get into 10's without a fully built motor and twin turbos. unless you run like a 400 shot of nitrous and blow up your engine and use slicks to get traction. Without tons of money you will never see 10's. Full boltons you are look at very high 12's with a great driver
lol @ jtabraham
So what if I do 200 wet shot and a TT?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
bbs350z

lots of $$ time and patience! ; )
Old 10-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

I don't think you realize just how hard it is to have a streetable 10sec car. Thanks to FNF, everyone thinks it's so easy.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Celestial
Hey folks, I got a question:
I am looking to have both show and go, with a system installed, body kit, vertical doors and a bunch of other goodies, what do I have to do to the engine in order to get it to 10's in 1/4 times?

I can think of doing some things like a TT, plenum spacer, nos, entire suspension, exhaust, test pipes, headers, flywheel, port and polished, 1 step colder spark plugs, fuel management system and ECU upgrade. What do I have to do in order to get the car into mid to low 10's without a TT since it costs a fortune? I don't want to entirely go "go", and I don't plan on rebuilding my motor top to bottom to hold up bigger TT or more Nos, so what boltons can I use to get the car to those times.

I'll put on a flame jacket if it's a noobie question.

Obviously if you are serious about this project (which I doubt) you have a lot of independent research to do.

There are 4 things I want you to look at.

1. Forced induction forum. Read as much as you can on this forum about building motors, turbo kits, etc. DO NOT START ANY THREADS IN THIS FORUM. There is MORE THAN ENOUGH information for you to read up on before asking questions there.

2. Body/Interior/Exterior forum, and Picture Share forum. LOTS of pictures available of nice looking cars.

3. Drag Racing forum. See what times people are getting, and what it takes to get into the 10's. You will be surprised, it's not as easy as you think.

4. The top 100 questions thread, you must read this before starting any new threads.

Thanks

finally, if you want a show car that runs 10's... plan to spend 35k on your car. At least.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LMAO....You cant have a 10 second car(mid to low at that!), especially a show car with heavy body kits, stereo's, and have a full roll bar to legally run 10's. It will NEVER happen, Im not being a d!ck Im realistic. Even if you had 600+whp, and were on slicks no guarantee you will have the potential as a driver to run 10's, especially with the 6MT, things like suspension set-ups, axles and gearing play a huge roll at these levels, which are things that arent even a big deal at 400whp. Things happen fast at these power levels, you'd be shifting to 4th in around 7-7.5 seconds. It wll take you $30,000+ on the performance side alone, and serious drag racing skills.

edit-wow missed this part

Originally Posted by 2Fast...2Furious
and I don't plan on rebuilding my motor top to bottom to hold up bigger TT or more Nos, so what boltons can I use to get the car to those times
You dont even want to build a full motor?! Pass the pipe you've had enough, it wont happen. I agree with the other guy, stop watching Fast and Furious.

Last edited by Alberto; 10-09-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ What he said. I guess I was being conservative when I said 35k for performance and looks.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pass the pipe you've had enough, it wont happen. I agree with the other guy, stop watching Fast and Furious.[/QUOTE]
cmon guys dont ask him to pass the pipe he must have some really damn good **** there.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Celestial

Wired, I read all those threads and a bunch of stuff in the Engine, Drivetrain section, as well as body/accessories, and visit the picture share section on a daily basis. I'll look into the quatermile section, sorry, should have looked there first. I'm not kidding when I say this but I really would like to get my car into 10's if possible, if not then 11's. I do plan on doing sub enclosure, fiberglass, and possible spending some dough on carbon fiber parts to take some weight off the car. I don't plan on driving it everyday but I do want both show and go in the same time. I guess I just want to mod my Z so that modded Evos and Subarus can't touch me.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Celestial

Originally Posted by dave079
Wow how much knowledge do you have about cars to begin with? Obviously zero. You seem to be just throwing terms around that you have heard from the FF and are also expecting the world from it. I hate these threads lately that are made up that are just dreams of someones who has no idea of what they are talking about. You dont seem to have done one ounce of research yourself. Keep dreaming because what you are looking to do would probably cost at least into the 50-60k range.
Thanks for the new as s hole dave, I didn't think I needed one.
Just 'cause my post count is not 4000 doesn't mean you have to ride on me like on pavement dude. I do not own a Z yet but has been in love with them since they came out. Don't judge my knowledge about cars if you don't know me. I've done my research but didn't see anything on 1/4 times. Drove a GTP back in 2000 and back then it was the ****, but now I'm driving a freakin' cavalier and can't get a Z 'cause I need to get my DJ equipment first and finish building my music studio.
I'm not a mechanic so I'm curious as to what it takes to build a car to get it to 10's or 11's and still have the other **** in the car as I know all that adds weight and so on, I've read about axles, suspension, nos (100 wet shot is good for stock motor, I know)and blah blah blah. I just wanted to know what I can achieve with the bolt ons and if I do go TT instead of SC then what can I expect. Don't rip on me if you don't know me.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:39 PM
THE TECH

Someone please close this rediculous thread.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Celestial

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Someone please close this rediculous thread.
Well thank you for so much ****ing help. does anyone know where the stats are for 1/4 mile times? I can't find them anywhere.

Quick Reply: show AND go