RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
SpeedGeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V2 and mod timeline

My V2...

500 Miles, did an oil change, put in non synth 5w30

now 800 Miles, so far so good. There is some oil in the catch can.

My headers, metal cats and FI exhaust stayed on during the motor swap. I luv my dealership

The motor runs so smooth; I've started revving a bit higher 5k for short bursts puts a huge grin on my face.

How long should I wait before I bolt back on my Motordyne Mrev, Ztube, K&N?
Thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

...hmmm, I guess I was blessed, when I bought my non-rev-up '04 Touring Coupe! Doesn't even have the tire feathering thingie!!! Flawless acceleration,
s-w-e-e-t ergonomics (I'm only 5'11"), 2 weeks to a tankfull, no oil consump- tion issues, L-O-O-K-S!!!, T-H-R-I-L-L-S!!! Man, this car IS a Godsend!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:42 AM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
...hmmm, I guess I was blessed, when I bought my non-rev-up '04 Touring Coupe! Doesn't even have the tire feathering thingie!!! Flawless acceleration,
s-w-e-e-t ergonomics (I'm only 5'11"), 2 weeks to a tankfull, no oil consump- tion issues, L-O-O-K-S!!!, T-H-R-I-L-L-S!!! Man, this car IS a Godsend!

Do you post in a Cancer patients thread about your quality of life as a non cancer victim?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 AM
SpeedGeek

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Do you post in a Cancer patients thread about your quality of life as a non cancer victim?
+1 and a beer
Old 04-25-2008, 04:16 PM
antennahead

you guys can be brutal

John
Old 05-01-2008, 07:10 AM
ZPHILE

2 -2 FUNNY!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 AM
joe_blow_xbox

My 350Z was returned today under California Lemon Law, and they handed me my check. I dealt directly with NNA and didn't need a lemon law attorney. Three motors failed OC.

No more Nissans for me. I bought an 07 Corvette . Good luck everyone
Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
SpeedGeek

Originally Posted by joe_blow_xbox
My 350Z was returned today under California Lemon Law, and they handed me my check. I dealt directly with NNA and didn't need a lemon law attorney. Three motors failed OC.

No more Nissans for me. I bought an 07 Corvette . Good luck everyone
Glad to hear it went somewhat smooth, Good luck w/ the vette Sweet car.

Change your sig to: 006 - 6MT LemOns Sunset Metallic
Old 05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
joe_blow_xbox

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
Glad to hear it went somewhat smooth, Good luck w/ the vette Sweet car.

Change your sig to: 006 - 6MT LemOns Sunset Metallic
Smooth might be a bit of an overstatement. NNA is a real pain to deal with, but I did get everything I was supposed to get. I started the buyback process more than 7 weeks ago. NNA never gives you the number to directly contact the person who can actually help. Essentially you are given a rep's number, and you hope they will forward information the the decision makers, who may or may not call back. NNA doesn't give e-mail addresses either. You have to send everything by fax. Ever try to send a yellow contract form via fax? Everything turns out gray. I don't want to think how many calls I made, but at least it is over now.

That is an awesome suggestion on the sig I am using it.

Any other year 350Z and I am sure it would still be in my garage.

Last edited by joe_blow_xbox; 05-01-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:43 PM
SpeedGeek

How many miles did you have on the V2 before it started consuming?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
joe_blow_xbox

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
How many miles did you have on the V2 before it started consuming?
It started consuming immediately. It was better than my second motor, which was a V1, but it still failed. The next step according to the TSB was to replace the motor again. There comes a limit to replacement motors in a car.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:56 PM
SpeedGeek

It started consuming immediately. It was better than my second motor, which was a V1, but it still failed. The next step according to the TSB was to replace the motor again. There comes a limit to replacement motors in a car.
Dam...OK, Thanks.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my V2 in, for almost 2 weeks now, and it looks to be consuming just as much, if not more oil, than the V1 did. So, the BBB is going to try and get the buyback option for me.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:11 PM
sukebe

Just got my V2 replacement 50 miles ago. Some others have mentioned it before, but it runs much smoother than the original. I also notice that on acceleration to highway speeds, there is a faint whine, which I didn't have before.

The scary part is I noticed a faint burning oil smell when I first got her home. I had this prior to the swap. I hope it's just leftover from the original.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 AM
ZPHILE

Originally Posted by sukebe
Just got my V2 replacement 50 miles ago. Some others have mentioned it before, but it runs much smoother than the original. I also notice that on acceleration to highway speeds, there is a faint whine, which I didn't have before.

The scary part is I noticed a faint burning oil smell when I first got her home. I had this prior to the swap. I hope it's just leftover from the original.
Not sure about the whine, but be patient with the oil smell. That's common after major 'surgery'. Tech probably spilled a little. Hoping the best for you. I want your V2 to be a fix. But, to me the V2's fix track record is shoddy. I'll be having my '06's final resolution announcement in the next few days.

H.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
antennahead

Default Now what do I do

Just checked my oil. I am coming up on my 3rd oil change on the V2. The oil level is just below the "L" on the dipstick. This is an increase in consumption. The first oil change was about a half quart down, the second about 2/3 quart down, and now, about 3600 miles since the last oil change, I am just over a quart down. Go buyback? I don't think from what I've read that a 3rd V2 will solve this. It seems to be hit or miss on getting an engine that doesn't use oil. This really sucks, as I was ready to put aftermarket wheels on the car, as well as upgrade the stereo system. This is disgusting

John
Old 05-04-2008, 02:18 PM
350zx6r

holly ****... i gotta check my 06. never had that issue or never noticed but I always get my oil changed before 2500 miles. maybe I do have it! :\
Old 05-04-2008, 06:22 PM
joe_blow_xbox

Originally Posted by antennahead
Just checked my oil. I am coming up on my 3rd oil change on the V2. The oil level is just below the "L" on the dipstick. This is an increase in consumption. The first oil change was about a half quart down, the second about 2/3 quart down, and now, about 3600 miles since the last oil change, I am just over a quart down. Go buyback? I don't think from what I've read that a 3rd V2 will solve this. It seems to be hit or miss on getting an engine that doesn't use oil. This really sucks, as I was ready to put aftermarket wheels on the car, as well as upgrade the stereo system. This is disgusting

John
Worse news for you. I believe L is about 1.75 Q low. When I was 12 mm low, Nissan had to put in 0.85 quarts to get back to H. That is the last time I had my oil consumption checked. Now Nissan has the car back per California Lemon Law, and it will be in auction soon. If you see a LS 06 base 350Z in auction, maybe it was my former baby

PS, I upgraded the car instead of wheels and radio. I got an 07 Vette.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 PM
antennahead

Worse news for you. I believe L is about 1.75 Q low. When I was 12 mm low, Nissan had to put in 0.85 quarts to get back to H. That is the last time I had my oil consumption checked. Now Nissan has the car back per California Lemon Law, and it will be in auction soon. If you see a LS 06 base 350Z in auction, maybe it was my former baby

PS, I upgraded the car instead of wheels and radio. I got an 07 Vette.
I hear ya, this is depressing. Not sure what I'll get if I go buyback. Hyundai Genesis coupe maybe when they come out? Another Z? Did they pay you what you paid for the car only, or any loan interest? I guess I'll be researching buyback options now. Vette is great, but a little more than I want to pay for a replacement. I would like to see what the new Z looks like, besides guessing spy shots, although I am a little pissed with Nissan right now.

John
Old 05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
E K

Infiniti flat out refused buyback in my case. Not even the $4500 offer to not buyback. So now I'm in the process of filing with an attorney.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion