Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 PM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I am stoked about it!

Turn around was 13 days.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:13 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

13 days...longer than I thought. Can't remember turn-around on my last UOA. Okay...another week easy for my results then, thanx.

You get to stretch your V2's legs now. Perfect timing on getting your good news for this week-end. I'll be stretching my V2's legs (in moderation) much later today on some back roads to dinner with good friends and their Z.

Looking forward to your UOA numbers on Resolute's thread.

Have a good week-end all.......
Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
ZeeForce

Same here, heading over to some back roads with some good friends and their G35.

Yeh I am getting ready to post it up on Resolute' thread. Just got it scanned, should be there in a few.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
ZeeForce

Default My Used Oil Analysis (UOA)

https://my350z.com/forum/6268916-post611.html

Pending Will' (Resolute) interpretation.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
dkorr

I have 1000mi on my V2 and its consuming 16-18mm, or only 1/4 full on the hash marks. I've been doing the Nissan recommonded breaking method with 200mi to go before I can open it up. The new engine is clearly consuming more oil than my old oem one. Will the engine consume less oil once I past the break-in period? or worse? wonder if I should start a 2nd OC test for a 3rd V2 engine.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
jason350z

get the dealer to document that infact the z is consuming oil. then file a claim and get a buy back. thats what a i did it was long painfull process but i got my money back
Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by dkorr
I have 1000mi on my V2 and its consuming 16-18mm, or only 1/4 full on the hash marks. I've been doing the Nissan recommonded breaking method with 200mi to go before I can open it up. The new engine is clearly consuming more oil than my old oem one. Will the engine consume less oil once I past the break-in period? or worse? wonder if I should start a 2nd OC test for a 3rd V2 engine.
If in fact you know you were at full when you got your V2 back from dealer and not possibly starting 1/2qt down (12mm) as many have noticed or thought as a possibility, then I agree with jason350z's suggestions above.

Mine improved during break-in miles and beyond. See OC history on my V2 with my recent post #3457. https://my350z.com/forum/6266899-post3457.html
Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
If in fact you know you were at full when you got your V2 back from dealer and not possibly starting 1/2qt down (12mm) as many have noticed or thought as a possibility, then I agree with jason350z's suggestions above.

Mine improved during break-in miles and beyond. See OC history on my V2 with my recent post #3457. https://my350z.com/forum/6266899-post3457.html
The dealer told me the engine was topped up at the time when the V2 was ready for pickup. Its listed as a BARE ENGINE 10102-AC7MZ in the work order.

I should have taken level samples like you at 100, 500, 1,000 mark like you did. All I know is I have 1/4 oil level left on the hash marks at 1,000mi. That's more consumption than my V1 sadly.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Nismo1182

Originally Posted by jason350z
get the dealer to document that infact the z is consuming oil. then file a claim and get a buy back. thats what a i did it was long painfull process but i got my money back
How long did the buy back process take and how much did you get back?

How long did you have your car? Did you get your down payment back? Did you have a lawyer?

Just wondering as im about to go thru this process very soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
I personally would be very happy if I was burning 1Qt every 3000 miles.
1 qt meaning 24mm, or the entire height of oil gone from H to L right?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
rickosae

Update, 1400+ mi on my new V2, had it up to 100 yesterday, nice and smooth. Got 300mi on its first oil change with no measureable oil loss noted.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Nismospeed4life

1 qt meaning 24mm, or the entire height of oil gone from H to L right?
(H - L) I am currently going through one and a half quart in 2000 Miles on my OEM and currently undergoing a OCT.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
06CPV35

Just got my UOA results faster than expected. My V2 is doing very good internally and shows no signs of any real concern other than some fuel dilute and elevated nickel, which is normal at this early stage of life. Seems to be a good build. I'm now very optimistic of further OC improvement, as I've already seen, to continue further.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
jason350z

Originally Posted by Nismo1182
How long did the buy back process take and how much did you get back?

How long did you have your car? Did you get your down payment back? Did you have a lawyer?

Just wondering as im about to go thru this process very soon.

it took about a month. the law is different in every state so i cant say how much youll get back. that you need to find out, once nissan recives the claim the will give you a copy of the law. go through the BBB, they helped me i had no lawyer. you should get 95% of the money or more. some states even give you interest but not im my case, that why chech your local law. tax i had to get from office of taxation
you need to have several atempt to fix the car, you need to have it all documented if not forget it.

hope it helps
Old 09-09-2008, 02:50 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by jason350z
you need to have several atempt to fix the car, you need to have it all documented if not forget it.

hope it helps
...meaning you must be on your 3rd engine (2nd V2) in order to qualify right?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Just got my UOA results faster than expected. My V2 is doing very good internally and shows no signs of any real concern other than some fuel dilute and elevated nickel, which is normal at this early stage of life. Seems to be a good build. I'm now very optimistic of further OC improvement, as I've already seen, to continue further.

As I have said in the past, a good Used Oil Analysis (UOA) and working with Terry Dyson of Dyson Labs on a one on one basis, sure does pay off when it comes to the condition of the engine during break-in. Note: break-in can take a lot longer than the mfg manual states. Only an UOA will determine if and when the engine internals have sealed.

It sure does sound good from your posting. Are you gonna post up the raw data sheet for commentary by Resolute? I would like to see the numbers in comparison to mine, which should make for an interesting comparison from 11k miles on mine vs 3750 miles on your freshly built engine. Mine was granpa’d until 11k, at that point I was given the thumbs up to romp on it, this of course was after three UOA’ and working with Dyson Labs.

I am surprised at your OC (totaled almost 20mm) on the initial 3750 miles of the new engine. Then again I believe your break-in was a bit more aggressive than mine, which could be one of the causes for an increased OC. I totally agree with changing out the oil several times on a freshly built engine, as Resolute has advised on one of my previous posts.

There is a good chance that with what appears to possibly be two different types of break-in, we have similar results with the condition of the engine after UOA’ have been performed. That is of course if the correct tune is applied and of course the type of oil plays a big part along with other tuning tips from Terry Dyson.

I cannot say enough about getting a UOA and working with Terry Dyson for the best possible tune and cleanest burning engine.

Looks like you are on your way to a good sealing engine and setup for longevity. Great job, you have got to be very happy with the engine.

edited typo: UOA

Last edited by ZeeForce; 09-09-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Nismo1182

...meaning you must be on your 3rd engine (2nd V2) in order to qualify right?
Or several work orders stating oil was low, the filled it back to and told you to come back in xxxx miles.

I have a few of these orders and they count as repair attempts.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 PM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
As I have said in the past, a good Used Oil Analysis (UOA) and working with Terry Dyson of Dyson Labs on a one on one basis, sure does pay off when it comes to the condition of the engine during break-in. Note: break-in can take a lot longer than the mfg manual states. Only an UOA will determine if and when the engine internals have sealed.

It sure does sound good from your posting. Are you gonna post up the raw data sheet for commentary by Resolute? I would like to see the numbers in comparison to mine, which should make for an interesting comparison from 11k miles on mine vs 3750 miles on your freshly built engine. Mine was granpa’d until 11k, at that point I was given the thumbs up to romp on it, this of course was after three UOA’ and working with Dyson Labs.

I am surprised at your OC (totaled almost 20mm) on the initial 3750 miles of the new engine. Then again I believe your break-in was a bit more aggressive than mine, which could be one of the causes for an increased OC. I totally agree with changing out the oil several times on a freshly built engine, as Resolute has advised on one of my previous posts.

There is a good chance that with what appears to possibly be two different types of break-in, we have similar results with the condition of the engine after UOA’ have been performed. That is of course if the correct tune is applied and of course the type of oil plays a big part along with other tuning tips from Terry Dyson.

I cannot say enough about getting a UOA and working with Terry Dyson for the best possible tune and cleanest burning engine.

Looks like you are on your way to a good sealing engine and setup for longevity. Great job, you have got to be very happy with the engine.

edited typo: UOA
Yes very happy with results at such an early stage/miles on V2.

In general I was unhappy with total OC in 3750mi, BUT was seeing an improvement with each oil change done within those miles, so was trying to stay optimistic, but at times pessimistic b/c of many continuing stories of V2 fails. Including stories of better OC success from the start compared to mine, which made me wonder about mine.

I truly believe that the many oil services to flush out build contaminants, break-in method I used and type of oil has proven well.

I've been pushing my V2 more aggressively as well since my last oil service, but not abusively and was for the most part, still staying under 4k on rpm 99% of time. My UOA confirmed I can now start having some fun without worry b/c data is looking good. Also can safely go above 4k rpm now, but not too high. Future UOA's will tell me when I can go even higher.

Yes was planning on posting raw data on Will's thread. He already said won't add to his database on oils b/c break-in process not complete with low miles on V2, but these numbers are very good with only two numbers elevated due to normal sealing/seating. I think he'll be surprised with data never the less.

Last edited by 06CPV35; 09-09-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
ZeeForce

Cant wait to see your raw numbers and Resolute's commentary.

Please post a link to this thread or shoot me a PM.

As you can see mine is posted on Resolute's thread with a link here, just a few post up from this post.

Dyson Analysis
http://www.dysonanalysis.com/index.html
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
06CPV35

^ Here you go: https://my350z.com/forum/6286356-post614.html

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion