Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

2007 touring might need new tranny.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and no leak? Do you drive it in excessive traffic?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by plumpzz
and no leak? Do you drive it in excessive traffic?
Yes I do. But they said they liftef the car and said it looked fine. But these are the same guys that put 20 miles on my car and could not reproduce what Bob and I did in .5 miles. Trust me, Im hoping its a leak or the slave cylinder. I dont want a new tranny!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:14 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by infamous350
Dam this suks i was just in process of trading my 03 for a 07. Only because i wanted a z thats solid and wont havce anyt issues. Even though my 03 never had a issue yet. I think it grinded once since i had it in 3rd when it was 10degrees and i onyl warmed up for 2 min hasnt dont it since. How are the trannies on the 07 is it the same as in 03-06 models or is it improved so it doesnt grind or have synchro failure. I mean i guess im one of the luky ones my 2003 db touring has 54000 miles i bought it with 17k no problems at all so far. Orignal trannie, clutch and engine. All i have done is change the oil and tune ups of course. But i was really hoping these 07 were bullet proof whiel everyone was worried with wut it gets to the wheels i was just hoping all the bugs are out. i would have rathered they didnt even improve performance without gettin that trannie right first. And for godsakes it better not burn any oil

If it makes you feel nay better Bob said that the 07 are way quicker than the 06's.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
plumpzz

The 07s are quicker. I have an appointment to drive one next weekend lol. I lvoe my local dealership :-D. I have one of the few modded Z's in the area that they work on (or should i say are allowed to work on) so everytime i go there, i get special attention.
I dont know how one can put the car on a lift, 'look' at the tranny and know its messed up.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 PM
evolved326

The 07s are quicker. I have an appointment to drive one next weekend lol. I lvoe my local dealership :-D. I have one of the few modded Z's in the area that they work on (or should i say are allowed to work on) so everytime i go there, i get special attention.
I dont know how one can put the car on a lift, 'look' at the tranny and know its messed up.

Trust me, I wish I know too. I know I have many stories but check this out. THe rep said ( after the first visit) they warmed up the car, clutch is ok, they blew a cooling fan to it, clutch is ok, 3 guys drove it (rep, manager, and mechanic (bob), and it was ok, they lifted it and looked at it, and it was ok. But today, the mechanic (Bob) and I went on a drive and told me as we drove, "yeah I got in it and there was loss of pressure from the beginning. Now I know alot of this does not makes sense, trust me, I wish I knew WTF is goin on, but one in my shoes can only be cool and not make enemies of the guys who plan on fixin ghis car.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 PM
ambientflier

God damn, can these cars get a break for once? How many things are going to go wrong with the new model?!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:45 PM
hiz-n-herz

If you gun it in 6th at a low speed, ofcourse the clutch is going to heat up..
I don't understand this statement. You should be able to gas the car all you want at a low speed, in whatever gear, with the clutch engaged. It should not heat up unless something's slipping and nothing should be slipping unless it's badly worn or something's very wrong. Unless your talking about slipping the clutch in 6th. But if you are just lugging the engine, there should be no heat produced.

To the other posts on an 06 versus an 07. The clutches in the 06 and 07 feel exactly the same to me. No problems with my 06.

There's no excuse for a clutch doing what's described here. Not if the car's cold, or if you have a few hard launches. It's BS. I have been hearing too much about the clutch pedal not coming back up.

Nissan needs to figure out what's happening and fix it.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Ztalker

nissan at least allows a tech to ride along with you so you could replicate the problem.
mazda tech wouldn't allow me to drive and of course he could not replicate the problem when he drove. He said company would not allow him to go over 55MPH on the freeway....wtf? Mazda sucked.
My 03 Z never had any clutch related issues btw.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by Ztalker
nissan at least allows a tech to ride along with you so you could replicate the problem.
mazda tech wouldn't allow me to drive and of course he could not replicate the problem when he drove. He said company would not allow him to go over 55MPH on the freeway....wtf? Mazda sucked.
My 03 Z never had any clutch related issues btw.
Sucks, Bob enjoyed the ride. And when he duplicated with the store's 07, I enjoyed the ride as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
weeman

So how exactly would i replicate this problem because i might be test driving a Z in next couple of weeks?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 PM
RaptorZ

hrmm...weird...i haven't seen this yet...

how many miles were you at when this started?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 PM
evolved326

~2k miles
Old 03-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by evolved326
~2k miles
Damn son!!! You already at 2k???
Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 PM
aren21

Originally Posted by evolved326
~2k miles
You drive a lot huh?? Have you noticed any oil consumption???
Old 03-23-2007, 10:01 AM
RaptorZ

the weather finally cleared up, and i'm at 920...

i put on 80 miles a day of rush hour traffic...i haven't noticed anything weird yet...the only thing that came up was around 300, i could hear the transmission turning the gears in neutral, but according to everyone here, that's normal

and that's your driving style?

i usually shift at around 2.5-3k, let it drop, and then proceed to the next gear...no point in accelerating when the guys in front aren't moving

the highest i've taken it is 4k like...yesterday. i'm slowly making my way up and trying to get around 6k by 1200 miles

Last edited by RaptorZ; 03-23-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Sucks for the '07 guys. IMO, the best clutches were in the '03 Z's (like mine)... too bad the tranny was ***.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 PM
RaptorZ

any updates?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 PM
HighwaySpeed

I thought that the 6MT problems only affected the '03-'06 350Zs.

I wonder when Nissan will fix the problems.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
RaptorZ

apparently not...
Old 03-24-2007, 08:34 AM
evolved326

Well the dealer never called me on friday. I had to call them. They said that the Nissan guy will come on tuesday to look at my car. They siad they'll call me to let me know when it can be dropped off. I got kinda mad. Saying that I've already lost like a day from work and I could not simply take off when they beckon me to drop off my car.

I told them I want to drop it off in the morning and they should have a rental ready for me. They said no rental can be given out until nissan gives them a PO for the work. This is the same guy that offered me a loaner on thursday and told me to leave the car there over the weekend. This is the same guy that was told by his tech that my cars pedel got stuck to the ground in regular city driving. The ******* had the nerve to tell me that the car was safe to drive. "Just dont drive crazy". Sounds to me like he's planting seeds. Making it seem like I am driving crazy and its messed up because of me.

I called NISSAN USA and they said they can have someone there on monday to talk to the dealership. I figured since some guy is coming out on tueday Id give it a chance. Sad that these guys are not simpethetic (sp) to me at all.

Honestly the problem seems to be the slave cylinder. Why wont they jsut replace it instead of talks about a new tranny? I might give the guys at PERFORMANCE NISSAN and maybe talk to their head mechanic. Heard they are better there.

Quick Reply: 2007 touring might need new tranny.