Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

UR Pulleys.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave B
I suggest everyone read this because Resolute really knows what's he's talking about and it's always good to get a second opinion, especially when that first opinion is coming from the maker of said part.
That's an excellent read from an engineering standpoint. Thanks for posting. :-)
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/213325-crank-pully.html

Last edited by gothchick; 05-24-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Datapimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gothchick
Doesn't matter. He still has to authenticate against his ISP to get to the internet from where ever he is. ANY IP he uses will always log back to his ISP.

The only reliable way to mask an IP is by using a Proxy server to bounce around to different country's before popping back to your own locale. And those tend to be s-l-o-w as ****.

Didn't you mention you've been an IT professional for years & years? You should know this stuff then. You're not as Anonymous online as you think.

about 12- 15 since 2003.

about 12- 15 since 2003.

100%

Totally not true. It's public domain. Nothing private about it. Like an "IP Phonebook" with addresses & names. Think about that next time you show your @ss online. The only thing saving you here is the Mod only has access to IPs.

Here - give me ANY valid IP that YOU used to log to the Internet (non-proxied, scrubbed, or spoofed) and I'll mail you an Internet 101 manual. And don't worry, I'm too busy with my own life to stalk someone else's. Hehehee! :-)
Here you go GothChick; to give you a head start, I live in Lakeland FL.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,078 Likes on 970 Posts

Dave. I noticed those Chevy pullies are built by ASP. The same company that builds underdrive pullies for the maxima. I wonder why they build the Chevy ones one way(2 pc) and the maxima (VE / VQ) units another (1 pc). I would assume that if ASP was building to a particular theory, the maxima units would also be 2 pc?

Originally Posted by Dave B
First off, the elastomer ring you're talking about is simply not just "glued in there". The crank pulley is actually two pullies glued together with the elastomer ring acting as the media that attaches the two pullies. FYI, that ring is specifically known as the interia damper ring. The VQ30 uses a similiar design and I've seen pictures of a heavily weather 300K VQ30 crank pulley that actually had the ring fail and the two pullies completely seperated. This two pulley design is used in most every late model engine currently produced.

Secondly, it doesn't matter how balanced the aftermarket pulley is. The facts are it doesn't have any damper material. That's the issue.

Take specific note of the LS1 crank pulley (known as a crank damper) which uses the exact same design as the VQ crank pulley. Note the ring in the LS1 pulley and also note how the aftermarket LS1 pulley vendors use interial rings on their pullies. Kind of makes you wonder why VQ aftermarket vendors don't under the concept here. My guess is the market is too small and the R/D is too high to justify the engineering. Instead of making the better product, they'll prey on people's ignorance.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...s1_engine_mod/

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_39.html

Interesting because my Subaru FSM for my wife's 1998 Legacy GT and the Chilton's manual both refer to the crank pulley as a "crank pulley/damper". I think I'll trust the Subaru engineers over what the operator of tech line says.