Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Spinoff of Audible Mayhem's 305HP thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just give Jeremy some more time. The thing is nobody else is trying anything like this. After he gets everything figured out and shares some info I bet they'll be a lot more more 300hp NA Z's.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 Jeremy is a pioneer at what he does on these cars unlike everybody else.

Doubters and non-beleivers are only what's truly expected ...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:06 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by warmmilk
i guess we all have our limits on what we're willing to spend, i'm not willing to blow 5k+ for 15 rwhp, that money could be put to much better use IMO
Some dont see the money as a issue compared to some. Just the goal.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
warmmilk

sorry, i'm not as rich as some people, money is an issue to me

and to the guy that said that the 362 hp is obviously an engine dyno, what makes u say that, its obviously a chassis dyno, every engine dyno i've seen doesn't give u a graph, it gives u a chart, and the little "dynojet research" on top of the graph, looks alot like my dyno sheet

i know that hp is a result of torque and rpm, look at the rpms that the engine is spinning at (funny how the run starts at 5k, torqueless wonders those honda engines are)

again, i'm not saying that the k20 is the best engine out there and i'd take my 07 z over a 350 hp race gas honda anyday, i love my torque to much, thats y i got a z not an s2k, just a fully built v6 should do better than a measly 300whp

i just hope that aggresive cams give us much better results

and the guy saying that jeremy can still lighten his car, what does that have to do with anything, we weren't talking about 1/4 mile times

Last edited by warmmilk; 04-17-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM
RBlover69

this motor sole purpose was not to be just a NA beast only though. Addons are its intended purpose so keep that inmind that what your looking at is just the first stage of something alot bigger in mind.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 PM
warmmilk

i'm really looking forward to the result with much more aggressive cams but i doubt that it will be putting out 480 whp (similer power to displacement output of the 360whp k20 if its a 2.6 liter, i couldn't find the displacement anywhere on that specific engine, but 2.6 is the biggest u can go on a k20)

i would be honestly impressed and happy if jeremy could get 400 whp out of the vq

Last edited by warmmilk; 04-17-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Zexy

and the guy saying that jeremy can still lighten his car, what does that have to do with anything, we weren't talking about 1/4 mile times
We have a DYNO QUEEN!!!

It doesn't matter what you think is impressive or not. You're just some guy on a forum nobody knows.

Everyone has their own opinion so yours is respected.

Your last resort argument over cost is stupid. You're broke? Buy a honda!!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
warmmilk

i'm not a dyno queen, the reason i wasn't comparing 1/4 #'s is cause the honda's can be made much lighter than the z without hardcore wieght reduction like jeremy did

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/
9.519 @ 142.32mph
if u wanna talk track #'s, and yes thats na

there is a vid on the home page, under the pic on the right side, right under where it says the time
Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Zexy
We have a DYNO QUEEN!!!

It doesn't matter what you think is impressive or not. You're just some guy on a forum nobody knows.

Everyone has their own opinion so yours is respected.

Your last resort argument over cost is stupid. You're broke? Buy a honda!!

first of all, its not a last resort argument and its not stupid, 5k+ is not a good deal for 15 whp anyway u look at it, i'm not broke, but i don't go around burning money
Old 04-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've seen a few bolt on z's in the 290's, maybe they had cams, i'm not sure, but from there a 15 hp jump is not worth 5k+ and it can grow rapidly from there for the cost of a short block

you WILL not show me 290 dynojet NA 350 Znumbers. please prove me wrong

also, that honda weighs around 1400 pounds. those cars arent comparable. i will be happy to hit 350 with it. these cars are heavy, we all know that. i really dont have that much money into this whole build. i have about 2400 in parts out of pocket. thats it, i have some machine costs that i traded for work and the rest is stuff i had laying around the shop. i can sell this motor tomorrow for 5000-6000 grand and make money off it. so all in all i havent spent a dime. please stop crying over spilt warmmilk....

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 04-17-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeremy---->Bigbadblacktrack had all the bolt-ons, no head work, JWT cams and a TB back in the day and STOCK ECU, no tuning! 280whp 270ft/lbs, close enough.

People cant compare an RSX NA vs NA to ther Z, even though the Z is a larger motor, the K20 has been built in every form 100X this is like the 2nd craziest VQ NA build Ive seen on this site. Its likecomparing anestablished powerplant (likea 5.0L Mustang to this build). Also many NA Z's have been built, but we dont know much about them cuz its inJapan Give Jeremy props for trying something new. With a different intake manifold, crazy cams, better headers and more tuning this thing is gonna be NASTY, and with Jeremy behind the wheel we all know its going 11's easy.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

thanks bert. problem is that there are too many dynos. i mean jermaine hit 300 on his a while ago but its a dynopak.

bigbadblacktrack, i would like to see a 280 dynojet chart, thats impressive.

i dont want DD or dynopak or any other graphs...

Originally Posted by Alberto
Jeremy---->Bigbadblacktrack had all the bolt-ons, no head work, JWT cams and a TB back in the day and STOCK ECU, no tuning! 280whp 270ft/lbs, close enough.

People cant compare an RSX NA vs NA to ther Z, even though the Z is a larger motor, the K20 has been built in every form 100X this is like the 2nd craziest VQ NA build Ive seen on this site. Its likecomparing anestablished powerplant (likea 5.0L Mustang to this build). Also many NA Z's have been built, but we dont know much about them cuz its inJapan Give Jeremy props for trying something new. With a different intake manifold, crazy cams, better headers and more tuning this thing is gonna be NASTY, and with Jeremy behind the wheel we all know its going 11's easy.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 PM
maximumsportZ

fack the haters.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
you WILL not show me 290 dynojet NA 350 Znumbers. please prove me wrong

also, that honda weighs around 1400 pounds. those cars arent comparable. i will be happy to hit 350 with it. these cars are heavy, we all know that. i really dont have that much money into this whole build. i have about 2400 in parts out of pocket. thats it, i have some machine costs that i traded for work and the rest is stuff i had laying around the shop. i can sell this motor tomorrow for 5000-6000 grand and make money off it. so all in all i havent spent a dime. please stop crying over spilt warmmilk....
i saw the 290whp in someones sig a while back, and i think he may have had cams, so i'm not to sure on that one.

the only reason i brought up the 9 sec honda is cause of that guy calling me a dyno queen.

as far as cost, i'm not really crying over it, i'm just saying i (me personally) wouldn't be able to justify spending that much money for not that much of an improvement.

i mean, u trapped at 109.4 in a 2500# car on full slicks

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/235021-new-na-bolt-ons-time-12-8-107-8mph.html

he trapped at 107.8 on drag radials and no crazy weight reduction, and he's still on bolt ons only, i have a feeling if u bring him down to 2500#, he won't be to far off your trap

as we all know, trap speed is the one and only true dyno

now i'm aware that ur set up wasn't optimal on that run and the run wasn't perfect

but IMHO i can't see it being worth to spend 5-6k on a built motor, and most people would have to pay for labor on top of that cause not everyone has a shop or is an expert mechanic.

now i realize most of, if not all of what i said sounds like i'm bashing on u and ur build. thats the exact opposite, as i've said before, i'm greatfull to u for taking ur time and money and doing this for the good of the community. now people like me can decide if its worth going throught with a fully built motor or not, i'm aware that other people will find this well worth it, more power to them

i'm anxiously looking forward to ur results with better headers and aggressive camshafts
Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

i trapped 111 with 290 to the wheels. i havent ran it with this final numbers.

it WILL go 11.99 at 113 without a doubt. thats almost a full second faster than my second fastest NA competition, i am not cocky at all, just want you to realize what i mean.

i trapped that 109 with 28 inch slicks on it.

dont believe numbers people put in their sigs, no one has over 280 on a dynojet that i have seen.

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 04-17-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I remember one K20 build in sport compact mag. It did put down 312whp and 220lb-ft of torque. It was actually intrinsic performace's first setup. The only thing is that it spun up to 10,000 rpm, used titanium rods, 12.8:1cr (not THAT crazy), pretty agressive cams, ITB, and a pretty ballin burns incolnel exhaust, tuned with k-pro...

If jeremy spent as much as there setup, he'd be putting down more hp obviously.

I'm not quite sure what the entire arguement is about in the first place, it is what it is...

Again great job on what you did with your car, always expirmenting with the Z and helping the Z community along the way. (I still remember the larger MAF mod)
Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prior to this, he highest DJ number I have seen was 280'something from the Crawford Z Car...and this was with a 290'ish duration camshaft setup. I am pretty sure this is the first undisputed 300whp DJ VQ35. The numbers from Japan are all BS BHP numbers, and are much higher.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
ke0ki2k

color me not impressed, 305 whp from a fully built 3.5L V6 is pathetic when u see na k20's (which are 4 bangers for those that don't know) putting out 320+ whp. then u look at the cost to get 305 whp on the vq and it really gets ugly

btw, i just got the latest top of the line flame suit, and i'm wearing it

those are probably factory N/A jobs, this guy is doing a garage special with mild cams and missing boltons. Nismos 3.7 liter VQ pushed 400 hp thats near 350 at the wheels. Whatev, im just gonna sell my soul, and my entire family fortune and buy a Koenigsegg CCX and mod it, then i can shut up everyone that argues with my super sick lap times !! lol

Last edited by ke0ki2k; 04-17-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
i trapped 111 with 290 to the wheels. i havent ran it with this final numbers.

it WILL go 11.99 at 113 without a doubt. thats almost a full second faster than my second fastest NA competition, i am not cocky at all, just want you to realize what i mean.

i trapped that 109 with 28 inch slicks on it.

dont believe numbers people put in their sigs, no one has over 280 on a dynojet that i have seen.

280 dynapack up in here bish!

trapping 111 is pretty serious for N/A. I would love to drive that beast of yours.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

warmmilk,

I understand what you are saying, but you are comparing completed build to a half done test car. he is testing different combinations (some wild) to see what works... this isn't the end. it is the beginning. those guys in the K20s I am sure went through a couple engines before magically being able to pull out crazy hp/lt give it time.

be glad (I am sure you are) jeremy is keeping us in the loop of the parts he finds that work and the limits and diminishing of gains he sees... this is all just R&D...

R&D

: ) (tom)

Quick Reply: Spinoff of Audible Mayhem's 305HP thread