Old 04-16-2007, 09:18 PM
redsoxfan184524
Nts Nts Nts Nts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spinoff of Audible Mayhem's 305HP thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:05 AM
warmmilk

color me not impressed, 305 whp from a fully built 3.5L V6 is pathetic when u see na k20's (which are 4 bangers for those that don't know) putting out 320+ whp. then u look at the cost to get 305 whp on the vq and it really gets ugly

btw, i just got the latest top of the line flame suit, and i'm wearing it
Old 04-17-2007, 09:11 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warmmilk
color me not impressed, 305 whp from a fully built 3.5L V6 is pathetic when u see na k20's (which are 4 bangers for those that don't know) putting out 320+ whp. then u look at the cost to get 305 whp on the vq and it really gets ugly

I seriously doubt a k20 could do that NA... But you know what they say about the fwd/k20/rsx... With the new flux capacitor mod; they were, are, and always will be... f@st3r. Lol! If someone *gave* me an rsx, I would only have it long enough to sell it.

Last edited by gothchick; 04-17-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your statement is completely pointless because you are bashing Nissan engineers in a thread that is about what Jeremy has accomplished.

Yes, displacement wise the VQ is not making as much whp as these other four banger motors but TQ wise there is much more area under the curve which is what really matters.

Just because something about the VQ (which is a Nissan engineered vs. Honda engineered battle) keeps it from making mad whp NA does not mean that what jeremy has done isn't impressive.

Show a lil respect by at least trying to compare his work to the work that others have done on the VQ instead of saying how a different motor in a different car that has nothing to do with the Z makes more WHP.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uhh even if a rsx could be built N/A to push 300hp (highly suspect), it would get no way near the amount of torque the vq35de puts out stock.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
warmmilk

ok sorry, i wasn't meaning to bash jeremy, after rereading my post, thats what it sounds like, again, i apologyze, i respect and appreciate greatly the fact that he put his time and money into this so that i don't have to waste mine

but i was bashing nissan for making a ****ty performance engine. i mean its a great engine if ur keeping it stock or near stock (bolt ons, maybe cams). but the numbers are very dissappointing for the amount of work and money put into this

i don't have time right now to find u a link of a 300+ whp k20, i'll do that during lunch and post a link, but it has been done by a number of people, and not to mention a number of people running 600ish whp on a turbo k20 with a bone stock block

again, public apology to jeremy, i missworded my original post, and did not mean to bash on jeremy
Old 04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
shushikiary

ok sorry, i wasn't meaning to bash jeremy, after rereading my post, thats what it sounds like, again, i apologyze, i respect and appreciate greatly the fact that he put his time and money into this so that i don't have to waste mine

but i was bashing nissan for making a ****ty performance engine. i mean its a great engine if ur keeping it stock or near stock (bolt ons, maybe cams). but the numbers are very dissappointing for the amount of work and money put into this

i don't have time right now to find u a link of a 300+ whp k20, i'll do that during lunch and post a link, but it has been done by a number of people, and not to mention a number of people running 600ish whp on a turbo k20 with a bone stock block

again, public apology to jeremy, i missworded my original post, and did not mean to bash on jeremy

LOL! The fact that the car doesn't get much more HP from bolt-ons is IMO a testament to how WELL Nissan engineers did engineering the motor. They squeezed every little bit of power out of it they could for decent cost.... A properly designed motor will need alot more than just bolt-ons to increase it's power, which is why it's so expensive to get more HP out of the VQ35 - it's a well designed motor. Why else was it in the top 10 best motors list for so long? There are people who have done a little over 500 whp on a stock block on the Z as well, but we both know on both motors it will reduce the reliability significantly. There are a few people in the 800's on the VQ35 (built motor) who are on this board that I've seen post. And again, the torque of the VQ35, especially placed over the entire RPM band and not peaky like most 4 cylinder FI engines allows for much faster average acceleration even if the max HP number is lower.

Comparing the K20 FI to the VQ35 NA isn't anything impressive... Name me another NA 3.5L 6 cylinder that puts down over 300 whp.

I probably shouldn't of even responded to this comment...
Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 AM
warmmilk

the lexus is350, also a 3.5L v6, puts down better power than the vq, 13.6 1/4 bone stock miles times are a testament to that

and i was never saying that the k20 is a better motor than the vq, and i wasn't comparing what the 2 gain from bolt ons, i said that the vq is a good motor if u plan on doing bolt ons only, its an average engine as far as gains with bolt ons goes. from what i've seen, full bolt ons gain about 30-40 hp over stock, thats about the same as the k20, and yes i know the vq puts down much more torque than the k20, and the k20 is in no way a better motor than the vq othere than more power per liter. and i never compared and na vq to an fi k20

what i was saying is that gains r minimal when u modify internals and go with a high compression ratio like this engine has and wanna get real power, 300-320 whp isn't impressive from a 3.5L

Last edited by warmmilk; 04-17-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
RBlover69

the lexus is350, also a 3.5L v6, puts down better power than the vq, 13.6 1/4 bone stock miles times are a testament to that

and i was never saying that the k20 is a better motor than the vq, and i wasn't comparing what the 2 gain from bolt ons, i said that the vq is a good motor if u plan on doing bolt ons only, its an average engine as far as gains with bolt ons goes. from what i've seen, full bolt ons gain about 30-40 hp over stock, thats about the same as the k20, and yes i know the vq puts down much more torque than the k20, and the k20 is in no way a better motor than the vq othere than more power per liter. and i never compared and na vq to an fi k20

what i was saying is that gains r minimal when u modify internals and go with a high compression ratio like this engine has and wanna get real power, 300-320 whp isn't impressive from a 3.5L
which engine was on wards list for how many years. Yea your opinion vrs professionals. U dunno LOL. Your talking about the IS350 which engine came out after the vq35de. Compare the HR to it and u would be better off. The Vq35 is tuned already from factory and is a great motor thats why its world renowned. There are not to many built NA motor so this is uncharter territory. The concept of this motor is even insane with what jeremy is doing so. Instead of bashing nissan why dont you look at hard hard it is to get HP out of other cars in its class. M3s Porshes. Very hard aswell to get power NA. Its just a testament to well tuned engines. Not shotty design. And i havent seen any built K20s at all pushing anywards up the 305 rwhp. lol. I mean not saying they dont exist but then its FWD then its not a Z etc. Much props for just being a innovator .NA with a sports car in general these days is a hard route everyone knows that. Your IS350 motor doesnt respond well to mods either i wonder why. Its great engineering. And its also all new.

comapre the HR to the is350s motor both are new. The reg vq was putting 287 crank out out when that motor was getting blueprinted. LOL
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

my question to you sir. wtf do you expect nissan engineers to produce for a sub 30k sports car with a v6? ill tell you what, i think they did a helluva job.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You sir are not very familiar with engines.

1) The IS350 motor has a compression ratio of 11.8 to 1 and it has direct injection which means they can run that compression ratio on pump gas and not pull too much timing.

2) Nissan has n/a race engines and so does renault which is who the motors were designed by that are past 400 n/a hp.

3) The nismo 380RS C in japan right now has over 400 n/a horsepower.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
RBlover69

^ very nice i was also going to say that ....there just not apples to apples as far as design is concerened and purpose.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
warmmilk

when i see a 400 na hp vq on this side of the pond thats streetable (race gas is fine), i'll be impressed, i don't count factory built race engines that cost 30k+

u keep bringing up awards, i'll repeat my self again, if u plan on keeping the engine stock (like the way it won the awards) its a great engine

and about the is350, someone asked for an example of another 3.5L v6 making 300 hp so i gave them one.

the vq is a great engine stock like i've said many times before. but to get truly impressive numbers (400ish whp) out of it na, u have to spend enough to buy another Z
Old 04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

^^ 305rwhp out of a nonrevup VQ3.5L DE IS IMPRESSIVE. Considering these motors are damn near maxed out from the factory. That's the whole point of this thread!

Everyone around here knows you hardly ever see 300rwhp NA in a Z...everyone wants it, but it's very difficult. That's why we're all congratulating Jeremy for his great innovative efforts!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Nismo 350z

[QUOTE=97supratt]You sir are not very familiar with engines.

1) The IS350 motor has a compression ratio of 11.8 to 1 and it has direct injection which means they can run that compression ratio on pump gas and not pull too much timing.

2) Nissan has n/a race engines and so does renault which is who the motors were designed by that are past 400 n/a hp.

3) The nismo 380RS C in japan right now has over 400 n/a horsepower.[/QUOTE]

Correction. It makes 395hp NA. Still more than 100hp/L.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Nismo 350z

Show me this K20 putting down 320whp NA. If its NA and making that much then I will eat my words but till then stay on the RSX forums.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Nismo 350z

And how long do u expect that 600whp stock K20 to last? Take a look at all the NA VQ tuners in Japan. They are in the deep 300s NA. The most I have seen with turbo K20s on the stock block that are streetable are in the 240-260whp. Stock to mild bolt on Z's will rape em alive.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by Nexx
my question to you sir. wtf do you expect nissan engineers to produce for a sub 30k sports car with a v6? ill tell you what, i think they did a helluva job.
Exactly.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
warmmilk

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=308216

thats one 300whp k20 (ok its a k26), and if u read the thread, its on a bad tune

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=270906

here is a k22, this is on a dynopack, so dynojet #'s would be 250-260, but this one still on a stock head, so add cams and a nice port and polish and u'd be really close to if not over 300whp on a dynojet

and this one takes that cake

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/K10.html

362 whp
Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 AM
RBlover69

[QUOTE=Nismo 350z]
Originally Posted by 97supratt
You sir are not very familiar with engines.

3) The nismo 380RS C in japan right now has over 400 n/a horsepower.[/QUOTE]

Correction. It makes 395hp NA. Still more than 100hp/L.
the 3.8 RS is the engine that we all want. I say just stroke the btch its being done by one member lol. What jeremy is doing is unchartered for the most part. Really just a test and tune. To find out wheres the ladder.

Quick Reply: Spinoff of Audible Mayhem's 305HP thread