Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Technical catch can connection question (not the same 'ole one)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:15 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-03-2007, 01:12 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, I pulled the dr. side breather tube from the can setup and ran it through one of the DIY catches, then vented it to atmosphere down in the front fender well under the pop charger, where the fumes will be evacuated with the under-car flow. Seems to run just fine; no more noises. I was going to route it back to the intake tube after the catch, but there just wasn't enough room to do it. Venting it down where I did, having the catch at all is prob. overkill, but it was already in place whe I figured out I couldn't connect it the way I want, so I just left it. Only driven it once since the fix, but no foul smells or anything.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Alright, I pulled the dr. side breather tube from the can setup and ran it through one of the DIY catches, then vented it to atmosphere down in the front fender well under the pop charger, where the fumes will be evacuated with the under-car flow. Seems to run just fine; no more noises. I was going to route it back to the intake tube after the catch, but there just wasn't enough room to do it. Venting it down where I did, having the catch at all is prob. overkill, but it was already in place whe I figured out I couldn't connect it the way I want, so I just left it. Only driven it once since the fix, but no foul smells or anything.
Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 PM
blitz2k1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid1
The connections should be only to the PCV and to the lower plenum. Any other connection will cause an imbalance in the vacuum. If any of your hoses are not strong enough they will 'implode' and cause the RPM's to change. Make sure that your hoses are large and strong enough, and only connect to the PCV and the mani.
I think You've just solved the problem I've been having with my Recent catch can install....

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...blem-help.html