Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like you should get what you paid for. And it sounds like you didn't. Step up Z1 Motorsports!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if there were problems why did you take it home?i'm not saying you were treated fairly but it seems you were driving it around for 2 months .....why would you risk a second motor?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 PM
znasty

I haven't been driving it for the past two months. It has mainly set in the driveway. I am a travel agent and do a lot of traveling so I'm barely home. I might have put 600 miles on the car since I got it back from Z1 Motorsports in the past two months.

The 16 Hrs of Dyno and over 100 pulls probably cause the transmission problems on top of everything that cost me another $2300 to have replaced.

Last edited by znasty; 08-01-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 AM
TENGAI

If you paid for a tranny upgrade, what happened? I fail to see how an "upgraded" tranny would fail on an ATI/stock block setup tuned with a UTEC.

This whole thing smells bad.

What's worse is that threads like this don't stay open long. AAM's thread was wiped last night, and this one will probably be gone in a few hours as well. Oh well.

OP - Good luck. If you can manage, take it to Sharif@Forged Performance.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 AM
go-fast
Banned

16 hrs of dyno is with 100 pulls is alot ,even for a built car.if it took that much to tune they should have discounted the labor to account for thier learning curve!it's a shame that you were not able to put all that tranny beating on your time. but i still say you should have not taken the car home with problems ,i would have let them finish the tune and they probably would have killed the tranny on the dyno ,and with 100 plus pulls would have a tough time saying it wasn't thier fault!NEVER take possesion of a screwed up car you just shift liability to yourself...and to drive it 600 miles shame on you
Old 08-02-2007, 05:14 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by znasty

Come on! You can't be serious! I spent over $7,000 at your shop and the best you can do is, bring it back to us and we will charge you more labor to do the work you have already paid for.

How about you give me a call and work something out! I'm the customer remember!

I agree. If i was in charge of a shop and a customer spent that much on me and me making profit, i will definately make sure he's happy.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
I agree. If i was in charge of a shop and a customer spent that much on me and me making profit, i will definately make sure he's happy.
+10000 the way they charge hourly for tunning when many people(sponsors) here have pretty much standard flat rates is almost ludicrous

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 08-02-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Escobar

Received 152 Likes on 126 Posts

sorry to hear that man, hope it works out for you. Sounds like Z1 will work something out.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:14 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by Escobar
sorry to hear that man, hope it works out for you. Sounds like Z1 will work something out.

They need to or else they'll turn into another VRT. Z1 this is your chance to prove how you really take care of your customers. OP keep us posted.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:19 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see this stuff happen all the time with businesses. They try to get as much money as they can and won't help the customer until the mishaps go public. Of course they are going to try to help now since it might jeopardize future business.

I understand Z1's standpoint of not trying to fix whatever is wrong since they are probably kept busy most of the year, but like i said, 7k dollars and 7 months in the shop deserves 1st class attention.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 AM
go-fast
Banned

hopefully they will make it right,maybe they can throw you some cash or credit for the excessive dyno and puked tranny!......and do it right away!!!!!! i think you just might be the #1 priority for z1
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 AM
go-fast
Banned

znasty, did z1 ever call?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by go-fast
but i still say you should have not taken the car home with problems ,i would have let them finish the tune and they probably would have killed the tranny on the dyno ,and with 100 plus pulls would have a tough time saying it wasn't thier fault!NEVER take possesion of a screwed up car you just shift liability to yourself...and to drive it 600 miles shame on you
you've got to remember that a lot of customers put 100% faith in their tuner and shop... most do not know what to look for or how the car should run after having a tune... plus, they told him that the car was ready to go... it's their fault for letting the car leave the shop without being 100%...

and to say never take possession of a screwed up car is a bit over the top... sometimes you can't tell the car is screwed up until you put a few miles on it... usually, and as in the case above, once you 'feel' something is wrong you start digging deeper... and find the messes... also, with all of the misinformation out there, some people think that driving the car will fix the rough engine issues... the whole "oh, reset the ECU...or the ECU needs to relearn your driving style" crap floating around out there gives people false hope that their tune is ok and it will clear up... granted, resetting the ECU is valid in some instances, i'm just using this as an example of what can confuse people into believing their issues will resolve themselves...

Z1 Motorsports, for those in the know, is not a place you want to visit... it's fairly common knowledge here in Atlanta... that said, hopefully they will at least try to keep their reputation from tarnishing any further and will step up and rectify, FULLY, the OP's issues...

Last edited by stormcrow; 08-02-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow
you've got to remember that a lot of customers put 100% faith in their tuner and shop... most do not know what to look for or how the car should run after having a tune... plus, they told him that the car was ready to go... it's their fault for letting the car leave the shop without being 100%...

and to say never take possession of a screwed up car is a bit over the top... sometimes you can't tell the car is screwed up until you put a few miles on it... usually, and as in the case above, once you 'feel' something is wrong you start digging deeper... and find the messes... also, with all of the misinformation out there, some people think that driving the car will fix the rough engine issues... the whole "oh, reset the ECU...or the ECU needs to relearn your driving style" crap floating around out there gives people false hope that their tune is ok and it will clear up... granted, resetting the ECU is valid in some instances, i'm just using this as an example of what can confuse people into believing their issues will resolve themselves...

Z1 Motorsports, for those in the know, is not a place you want to visit... it's fairly common knowledge here in Atlanta... that said, hopefully they will at least try to keep their reputation from tarnishing any further and will step up and rectify, FULLY, the OP's issues...
i agree with you completely but i thought he said he was warned to look for trouble,that there was inconsistancy with the fuel map?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
russell@z1
Vendor - Former Vendor

znasty, did z1 ever call?
Tried both #'s this morning, no answer.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:59 AM
stormcrow

i agree with you completely but i thought he said he was warned to look for trouble,that there was inconsistancy with the fuel map?
the OP stated he was told to take it easy and listen for odd sounds... not that there was an inconsistency... they stated it was tuned but not many road tuning miles? either way, russell stated above that the car was good to go when he picked it up...

Originally Posted by russell@z1
The car was tuned on our dyno (with a laptop) and the car was running well. We drove it around for quite a while with no problems. You came and picked it up and drove it and didn't mention any problems then.
We have the dyno charts that I assume were shared with you showing the A/F ratios were with-in the proper range.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 AM
06Track

I PM you...check it out!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
go-fast
Banned

yeah,they should never have let a questionable job out the door,i'm just trying to sort out if they are evil,stupid or just being misrepresented
Old 08-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its sad to see Z1 Motorsports puts out such garbage.. I thought they were top notch.. I see there is literally a hand full of shops you can trust..

All I can say is SharifFTW He tuned my car to fucking precise perfection

Last edited by Jay'Z; 08-02-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:17 AM
stormcrow

yeah,they should never have let a questionable job out the door,i'm just trying to sort out if they are evil,stupid or just being misrepresented
i don't think they are either... reputations take a while to build, and the general concensus on theirs is that they're just out to make a buck and don't really care... i think this was overtly proven by what the OP found when he took the time to look at his install... zip ties instead of replacement bolts or fasteners...

Quick Reply: Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)