Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Lawy'dU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
I've never heard anything bad about Z1 and I'm sure they'll make it all better.. just have patience.
+1000000. I don't understand why most of the people on the forums love to bash the large shops. Z1 is a great shop, I'm sure they'll make it right.

p.s. the procharger system is crazy loud, which you probably should have found out during your reearch before purchasing the system, but the noise is typical. search for some of the videos online and you'll see for yourself.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

dont get confused between Z1s....

and +100 bottom line everybody makes mistakes and its all aobut how they take care of them what matters in the end
Old 08-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Yokohamaz

- Nothing takes 7 months. Hell, nothing takes a week.

- If the dude had a half-baked solution, you should have declined. I imagine you will in the future.

- You took on the half-baked solution, so the responsibility falls on you to get it running right, not blaming the customer.

- Zip ties? WTF? Dude ... you need to have a chat with the crew.

Yz
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck to the OP.

Its a good thing that posts like these come up every so often, however only usefull if it stays open (ie: aam thread)..*hint, nudge to mods/admins*

I had contacted a local vendor on pricing out a new clutch kit, they informed me that they purchase through z1 motorsports in the Georgia. After reading this thread I will more then likely steer clear of z1 and stick with my original option which was Forged Performance.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:55 PM
stylett9

in my book it's too late for Z1's reputation to me. Not that it matters since i live on west coast, but what really bugs me is they weren't willing to help you until after the fact.(this thread)

If they had any kind of DECENT customer service they would have helped you before you had to make a thread like this.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this shop in March and met most of these guys in person. To me, they seemed like a standup group. They had 30-40 Z32's and Z33's waiting to be worked on at their shop, so they obviously have a pretty good reputation with the amount of business they do.

They stepped up and are working out the issues. People need to stop playing armchair quarterback.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM
znasty

So far, so good! Will see how things go after the re-tune. I will keep yall posted. They should be re-tuning it tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
znasty

Default Update 8-16-2007

Well still no re-tune. Hasn’t made it to the dyno yet. They informed me today they have another job to finish first. They don’t know when it will make it to the dyno. They are hoping to get to it before next week and then they will need to drive it and put some miles on it to make sure they have it right. It looks like my week or two will turn into a month or two. Things are starting to sound all too familiar again!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by znasty
Well still no re-tune. Hasn’t made it to the dyno yet. They informed me today they have another job to finish first. They don’t know when it will make it to the dyno. They are hoping to get to it before next week and then they will need to drive it and put some miles on it to make sure they have it right. It looks like my week or two will turn into a month or two. Things are starting to sound all too familiar again!

Should of listen to Alberto's advice In the end it will cost you more money. If it wasn't right the first time I highly doubt it will be right the second time. Their attempt to correct the problems seems more like a front to not tarnish their reputation on the internet. But I'm sure they aren't happy with you or the situation. But good luck with your car.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Tsex On 19s

this is what scares me about going FI, if you want it done right, be prepared to pay a lot of money.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:38 AM
mpowers

I would go by and pick it up, file suit (they have had more than enough time) and take it else where. Z1 rep is that bad.

Or hell if you want to be screwed around some more leave it there.

Best of luck,
Mike
Old 08-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Wheelman

Originally Posted by znasty
This is ridiculous. They've had your car for 7 months! They need to put it at priority one. I don't know how long its been since this transpired but I'd be disputing every labor charge with my credit card company! Anybody from Z1 reading this, stop treating your customer like crap! He paid you thousands of dollars months ago, and you're still making him WAIT behind other cars to get tuned? Get your **** together, or refund his money. You're stealing from people.

Last edited by Wheelman; 08-17-2007 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
cwest350

Originally Posted by Wheelman
This is ridiculous. They've had your car for 7 months! They need to put it at priority one. I don't know how long its been since this transpired but I'd be disputing every labor charge with my credit card company! Anybody from Z1 reading this, stop treating your customer like crap! He paid you thousands of dollars months ago, and you're still making him WAIT behind other cars to get tuned? Get your **** together, or refund his money. You're stealing from people.
+1

waiting again.... WOW

Old 08-17-2007, 07:09 AM
06Track

Znasty...Had the same experience as you...car was there in Nov 06 and got it
back in June I think. Sent it to Forged immediately to be retuned and checked
over. Best move I made in a long time.

On another note, when I tried to pull my car from them for not finishing it (they
blew their built motor on the dyno) Stanley Smith who is the CFO called me
and stated he wanted to build me another motor and would have the car finished
in two weeks and if not done in that time frame, I would not have to pay my final
bill which was quite large. He did EXACTLY as he stated and the car was ready
to go two weeks from the day he promised. That meant building another motor,
putting on the APS TT from the blown motor and complete reinstall and tune.
Tune sucked, but he did as he said he would do. Do yourself a favor and contact
Z1 and get them or demand them to give you his phone number. He doesn't
keep up with the day to day operations, but when he found out about my
situation, he straightened it out immediately. He is a very nice person and
did what he said he would do in the time frame of two weeks.

I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:04 PM
VIZAGE

They told you that they had another job first. But the other day they said Wednesday for sure. WOW. You must be able to handle a bunch of BS before you snap?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
2T350Z

Well Here Is The Problem I Deal With Customers Like This Everyday If Everything Was Just Bought Through Z1 This Would Not Of Happened People Try Saving Money By Getting Stuff Else Were And Then When Things Go Wrong It Is Your Fault Come On
Old 08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Wheelman

Originally Posted by 2T350Z
Well Here Is The Problem I Deal With Customers Like This Everyday If Everything Was Just Bought Through Z1 This Would Not Of Happened People Try Saving Money By Getting Stuff Else Were And Then When Things Go Wrong It Is Your Fault Come On
Are you sure your problem isn't that you don't know how to use punctuation and capitalization properly? Please tell me where your "shop" is so I can make sure I don't waste my time there, seeing as you have such a customer oriented attitude.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Spongerider

Originally Posted by 2T350Z
Or you could choose not to install parts if they were not bought from you?

Last edited by Spongerider; 08-18-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Mid117

wow....thumbsdown to z1 for this
Old 08-18-2007, 08:38 PM
gabez33

bump 4 update!~

Quick Reply: Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)