Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 AM
stormcrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Its sad to see Z1 Motorsports puts out such garbage.. I thought they were top notch.. I see there is literally a hand full of shops you can trust..

All I can say is SharifFTW He tuned my car to fucking precise perfection

just kidding, bro... sharif IS the man... ALL of the guys at Forged are top notch...
Old 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Its sad to see Z1 Motorsports puts out such garbage.. I thought they were top notch.. I see there is literally a hand full of shops you can trust..

All I can say is SharifFTW He tuned my car to fucking precise perfection
glad to see you finally got that tune Jon. What were your final numbers?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait, the AAM thread is gone... where did it go and WHY?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Tac-M

I stopped by z1 once... I wanted to take look at the place and wile I’m there get a baseline pull. They could not even do that for my car right due to the faulty dyno. After spending a few hours there I will say that they did not impress me at all. Maybe back in the z32 days they were top dawgs, but right now it does not look that way.

With that said, I believe that Z1 has a lot of potential, and the facility is very nice. Maybe they need to work out some bugs in the system, change a few things, and come back strong as ever.

Bottom line is that we trust guys like Z1 with our very special cars, and we pay very good money for service. So in return we always should get 110%.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Motormouth
wait, the AAM thread is gone... where did it go and WHY?
i was about to ask that same question... if this is true, this is a sad state of affairs for my350z.com... i know that i will not be purchasing another premiere membership when mine is up... too much bias towards bad vendors floating around this site amongst the mods and admins...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

well i just hope to see a thread by the OP saying that AAm made things right for him in the end... hopefully
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i don't think they are either... reputations take a while to build, and the general concensus on theirs is that they're just out to make a buck and don't really care... i think this was overtly proven by what the OP found when he took the time to look at his install... zip ties instead of replacement bolts or fasteners...
i dont know why but all i can think of after this post is adams family pinball when it goes GREEEED!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

AAM complains to mods and they dont just close their bad posts they delete them-which is an injustice to the community. Ive seen that happen 3-4X in the past year with AAM....
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
jonnylaw

mods and admins shouldn't be putting vendors/sponsers ahead of is members. That pretty sh**ty if true. Premiere members pay money for the operation of this site too. IMO we shouldn't take a back seat to sponsors, especially when censorship of the facts only hurts the community's knowledge.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 08-02-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Alberto
AAM complains to mods and they dont just close their bad posts they delete them-which is an injustice to the community. Ive seen that happen 3-4X in the past year with AAM....
complete injustice... and if you think about it, they're (my350z.com) doing this because they get paid large sums of money by AAM (one of the biggest sponsors here)... i wonder if any of the monies paid to my350z.com are actually monies ripped off from their clients... i'd say it pretty much has to be... the irony of that one boggles the mind...
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the AAM thread was removed by request of the OP
Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by doug
the AAM thread was removed by request of the OP
that eases my mind a bit... still doesn't change the other fact i presented... thanks, doug...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormcrow
complete injustice... and if you think about it, they're (my350z.com) doing this because they get paid large sums of money by AAM (one of the biggest sponsors here)... i wonder if any of the monies paid to my350z.com are actually monies ripped off from their clients... i'd say it pretty much has to be... the irony of that one boggles the mind...
In the long run..of coarse its profit made from members from this site . Lots of guys got ripped by AAM from my350Z , G35Driver , 350Motoring , G35Feinzy , all the sites and the guys that bought parts from and had work done at thier shop . Im sure not every one was had by them . But it sure seems like they took advantage any where they had the opportunity to.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Motormouth
Banned

much like fallenromeo with VRT. when they hold your money you have to play ball until you get compensated. then blast the **** out of them.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
TENGAI

Threads like these just don't last long. They get locked, or the vendor contacts the OP and requests it be deleted while promising some sort of compensation. While some will say otherwise, online revenue is big business for these guys. Plain and simple. And yes, a bad rap on a forum with 100's or even 1000's of members can hurt business. But it is what it is. The best thing to do before going ANYWHERE is search the forums, BBB records, and ask around in your regional forum / specialty forum before dropping your car and money off at a shop.

I learned this the hard way like so many others. But hopefully somebody gets a chance to read this post / thread before somebody else gets hosed...
Old 08-02-2007, 02:06 PM
znasty

Default Z1 Update

I just got off the phone with Russell and he seems to be a good guy. He did apologize and explained to me in detail the reasons he was unable to speak with me until now. He wants me to bring the car back and we are going to sit down and address all the issues I have with the work they have done so far. He said they will retune the car and get it right at no cost to me.

Personally I feel the car was just not a priority before and it was rushed at the last minute and poor quality was the result. I think they are going to do what they can to make it right. I will drop the car off ether tomorrow or Monday and Russell said it will have top priority.

I will keep you guys posted. Hopefully this thread does not get closed before I get the final results.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Tac-M

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Threads like these just don't last long. They get locked, or the vendor contacts the OP and requests it be deleted while promising some sort of compensation. While some will say otherwise, online revenue is big business for these guys. Plain and simple. And yes, a bad rap on a forum with 100's or even 1000's of members can hurt business. But it is what it is. The best thing to do before going ANYWHERE is search the forums, BBB records, and ask around in your regional forum / specialty forum before dropping your car and money off at a shop.

I learned this the hard way like so many others. But hopefully somebody gets a chance to read this post / thread before somebody else gets hosed...

looks like this is what has happent here ! post #56....
Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe your going back to them after all this crap. I say suck it up and take it to Forged. Be smart. Even though you'll pay him, but it will be right and no worries when it comes to sell to another. They can't tune cars and never will. I'm surprised he responded to this thread. Only has 7 post and has been a member since 04, sponser also.LOL.

Last edited by VIZAGE; 08-02-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
znasty

You might be right, but I hope you are wrong. I am going to give them one last chance.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by znasty
You might be right, but I hope you are wrong. I am going to give them one last chance.

show them the VRT threads... it makes a clear point what happens when bad shops try to rip-off customers

Quick Reply: Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)