Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Z1 Motorsports Poor Quality & Bad Service! (BEWARE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 AM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by russell@z1
The boost was around 6.5 psi and remember it has an automatic trans.
Of course we could have tuned the car for more power, but we tuned for reliability on the street. That was 11.5:1 A/F ratio across the board, with a conservative timing map in which we try to take into the inconsistencies customers may run across in pump fuel.
thats not too bad then.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 AM
znasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well she is officially on Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330161827680
Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Man I would have went ape **** after 2 months of waiting. Called a lawyer and be done with it. Thanks for the Heads up! I dont care if they made things better. Taking a year of headaches to make **** better is unacceptable and poor business. Thanks OP for the heads up. Z1 you should be ashamed that an install that states only takes 24-48 hours takes you a whole year to do. Poor poor service, and no I dont give a crap how long you been around, this is just wrong in so many ways. 7 Grand for a SuperCharger install, is just pathetic.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:33 PM
znasty

Still for sale!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 PM
suhochunsah

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
Man I would have went ape **** after 2 months of waiting. Called a lawyer and be done with it. Thanks for the Heads up! I dont care if they made things better. Taking a year of headaches to make **** better is unacceptable and poor business. Thanks OP for the heads up. Z1 you should be ashamed that an install that states only takes 24-48 hours takes you a whole year to do. Poor poor service, and no I dont give a crap how long you been around, this is just wrong in so many ways. 7 Grand for a SuperCharger install, is just pathetic.
Uhm.. chill man. I don't know or care about Z1 since I live in socal but OP decided to take it back to them and now satisfied with the work.
To be honest, I'd go insane after waiting a month of waiting and do agree that their work was poor and took longer than eternity. But after dropping 7k to get something done, it's not all that easy to say "F*ck it, I'm gonna take it to another shop." and dish out even more money to get it done. Maybe some people are rich enough to do that... but usually those guys don't care much about Zs and play with bigger toys.
7k for labor would be insane, unless you're building a real life 007 car or something.
OP paid 7k in total, which includes getting/replacing several components which were needed to complete the install, so I wouldn't really call it pathetic. If anything, the zip-ties were pathetic. Although it was a minor situation compared to this, I've had my share of bad zip-tie issue with a shop. They didn't do crap about it and kept arguing that they didn't do anything wrong. They STILL think it's ok to do it.
It's good to see that Z1 actually admitted their mistakes and took actions to correct them. I'm sure they were very frustrated and pressured about this job throughout the process as well. At least Z1 stepped up and took care of the customer. MANY big shops would have refused to take the responsibility and blame things on the customer. Big shops have large number of customers and are big-headed in most cases. Even if they lose some customers because of incidents like this, they probably have tons of satisfied customers to bring them new business. It's sad but that's how many big places are, not just automotive industry. I give credit to Z1 for taking care of their customer, even if it was a little past "too late". Better late than never, right?

OP: Man.. you have some patience man. I'd be wrecking havoc with a grenade in my hand at the shop if anyone held my car for 7 months. I don't care if their shop got bombed, 7 months is way too long. Man, you can probably turn a Grand Canyon into a Yosemite in 7 months period. Hell, you can make a breathing organism in the total time that the car was in the shop. Mad props for your patience....
It must suck to finally have the car the way you wanted, then having to sell it right after. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with the sale man.

Last edited by suhochunsah; 09-07-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:51 AM
znasty

Originally Posted by suhochunsah
Uhm.. chill man. I don't know or care about Z1 since I live in socal but OP decided to take it back to them and now satisfied with the work.
To be honest, I'd go insane after waiting a month of waiting and do agree that their work was poor and took longer than eternity. But after dropping 7k to get something done, it's not all that easy to say "F*ck it, I'm gonna take it to another shop." and dish out even more money to get it done. Maybe some people are rich enough to do that... but usually those guys don't care much about Zs and play with bigger toys.
7k for labor would be insane, unless you're building a real life 007 car or something.
OP paid 7k in total, which includes getting/replacing several components which were needed to complete the install, so I wouldn't really call it pathetic. If anything, the zip-ties were pathetic. Although it was a minor situation compared to this, I've had my share of bad zip-tie issue with a shop. They didn't do crap about it and kept arguing that they didn't do anything wrong. They STILL think it's ok to do it.
It's good to see that Z1 actually admitted their mistakes and took actions to correct them. I'm sure they were very frustrated and pressured about this job throughout the process as well. At least Z1 stepped up and took care of the customer. MANY big shops would have refused to take the responsibility and blame things on the customer. Big shops have large number of customers and are big-headed in most cases. Even if they lose some customers because of incidents like this, they probably have tons of satisfied customers to bring them new business. It's sad but that's how many big places are, not just automotive industry. I give credit to Z1 for taking care of their customer, even if it was a little past "too late". Better late than never, right?

OP: Man.. you have some patience man. I'd be wrecking havoc with a grenade in my hand at the shop if anyone held my car for 7 months. I don't care if their shop got bombed, 7 months is way too long. Man, you can probably turn a Grand Canyon into a Yosemite in 7 months period. Hell, you can make a breathing organism in the total time that the car was in the shop. Mad props for your patience....
It must suck to finally have the car the way you wanted, then having to sell it right after. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with the sale man.
Thanks Bro! I do hate to sell it!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:59 AM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading all this, I would be very suspicious of the car. Most importantly, I would be worried that the owner says everything is worked out just so he can sell it. Obviously, that is only my opinion. A whole set of videos and dyno graphs would be essential if I'd even consider buying it. I hope you sell it through eBay, or any other way, but you need something substantial after complaining about what a PITA this vehicle has been. Like, is there any written warranty for any of this work? ...and did I say a video and pics are worth a million words? Close up pictures of everything that was done to this car, inside, outside, and under, are a must. You need to run a spell/grammar check on your eBay ad, it is a disaster. Good luck man!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Mid117

Originally Posted by znasty
BTW the car is still FOR SALE! This whole experience has just exhausted me financially and time wise. I just need to sell the car. I have some investment opportunities in front of me right now that I can not pursue because all my money is tied up in the car. I am asking $27,000 O.B.O. Anyone interested?
This is sad....you're letting go of your Z because a vendor screwed up the f/i experience up for you...that sucks.