Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

base + Quaife = driveway install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007 | 11:16 AM
Midnyte

Default base + Quaife = driveway install?

Just curious if anyone with a base model has installed there own Quaife LSD. If so, is there a guide somewhere that I can look over? I'm thinking about this as my next mod...but I want to make sure I get the right tools, and have the right amount of time allocated for the install. So far, I've done all my own work, and I don't want to stop now

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2007 | 06:40 PM
Laughitup85

Ok I completely agree of the installing everything on your own, because I have done the same!! But with the rear end... I honestly suggest taking off your pumpkin, and taking it with the Quaife LSD to a differential shop and having them do the swap for roughly $150 and getting the pumpkin back with the new LSD installed and putting it back under your car... You don't want to loss your rear end!!!
Old 08-14-2007 | 07:21 PM
meatbag

Your going to have to get the correct tools to set the mesh and you'll need to order a set of shims from Nissan so you can play with the meshing. You'll also need a press to press on new bearings to the quaife lsd.
Old 08-15-2007 | 11:26 AM
warmmilk

i'd get installed profesionally just cause installation error is the only way the quaife warranty can be voided. taking off the pumkin and taking it somewhere is as diy as i'd get with a diff
Old 08-16-2007 | 06:09 PM
MyCarIsMyFriend

I may need to take my Z into the dealer soon to check out a clicking from the rear-end and probably get a warranty-fix... would they install an LSD for me while they are in there?... or do you think they will only replace the stock diff, since it is a warranty fix?
Old 08-17-2007 | 06:34 AM
Wheelman

It's not like you have to set gear lash or anything. A press can be improvised if you have a big vise and are careful. I believe a good DIY can perform this without problems if you work carefully and take your time.