Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Stealership once again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:31 PM
scratch137

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealership once again!

Ok here is alittle backround info on what happened. Basically, my car threw the infamous CEL code P1283 or w/e it is. The one related to "Air/Fuel Metering System". These are the o2 sensors located upstream, not on the testpipes. I finally decided to get it repaired and the dealership charged me $310 total for the part and installation. This was last Thursday. Now 1 week later the code pops again. I just took it to Autozone and had them scan my car and sure enough its the same code except this time, its in there twice... WTF! Ok well now im mad. Also, just a little more info, after i got my car back, i noticed a popping noise, like it was backfiring. This noise was there before (started when i got my JIC y-pipe) but was VERY minor and not at all common. Now, its every time i crank up the car, it poppopops like little explosions in my exhaust. Then it keeps doing it for a few minutes when i give it gas, then stops until i turn off the car for a while and kick it back up. I think its backfire maybe cause im running to rich i really dont know.

Im going to raise hell and try to get the dealership to repair this for free seeing as to how i already payed for them to do it once, and apparently they did nothing. If anyone has any info maybe as to what is going on, how i should deal with this and the dealership, or the cause of those pops please let me know. My mods are as follows: Intake, 5/16th Spacer, TP, Y-pipe, and then TOPSPEED pro-1 y-pipe back. Also just to mention, my y-pipe has only gasket sealer instead of actual gaskets, i dont kno if that matters at all to the above, but im getting gaskets prolly tommorow or saturday. I really am just fed up with this lol.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 PM
scratch137

HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY HELP! NOT JUST ANYBODY! HELP! lol...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Q45tech

I don't understand why a dealership would even consider working on a "Intake, 5/16th Spacer, TP, Y-pipe, and then TOPSPEED pro-1 y-pipe back. Also just to mention, my y-pipe has only gasket sealer instead of actual gaskets"

Since a Test Pipe is a Felony Violation of the Federal Clean Air Act and seriously voids emission warranty............they are aiding and abetting.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM
scratch137

They arent because the sensors are on the manifolds not the TPs. They arent touching anything that isnt theirs
Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q45tech
I don't understand why a dealership would even consider working on a "Intake, 5/16th Spacer, TP, Y-pipe, and then TOPSPEED pro-1 y-pipe back. Also just to mention, my y-pipe has only gasket sealer instead of actual gaskets"

Since a Test Pipe is a Felony Violation of the Federal Clean Air Act and seriously voids emission warranty............they are aiding and abetting.
I was sort of thinking that too... Plus, why give a dealership an opportunity to document your mods & void your warranties??...
Old 08-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Q45tech

Nothing is theirs. Dealers SHOPS are just independent businesses COLOCATED WITH A SALES COMPANY with a reimbursement contract with Nissan for warranty repairs approved by Nissan.
Dealers cannot void your warranty with Nissan - only YOU or your agent can do that.