Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

automatic trans owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
jgregory124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic trans owners

my car feels like it is shifting rough or funny has any one ran into any issues with the autos?
I ran it hard one night with some spinning and hard driving but I thought these trans where beefy
It feels like it shifts twice in 3rd or 4th and you can feel it a little more than normal
7,400 miles 07 Z whats the deal
Old 08-25-2007, 02:55 PM
lonewolf

yeah the problem is you're driving an automatic sports car. try a 6 speed to remedy your problem
Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Accordaleer

Here ill save some people some typing.... "shoulda got a 6mt" anyway, i havent had any and drive it hard daily, got 5k miles on it. Spinning tires and driving it hard should only hurt your tires, if it persists take it to the good ol dealer =)

EDIT: wow... someone beat me to it already, lonewolf that was such an intelligent thought, wow jgreg theres your solution, lonewolf thinks you should sell your brand new 07 and get it in stick... case closed, wish we were all that smart.

Last edited by Accordaleer; 08-25-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
GG06Si

what do you expect f1 shifts? its still utilizing torque converters man
Old 08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Accordaleer

Real men dont drive f1 cars. Anything that doesnt have a clutch pedal is a pos. Ferrari's, lambo's, any exotic that can be driven without a clutch is a pos, just close the thread lol.... ahh
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lonewolf
yeah the problem is you're driving an automatic sports car. try a 6 speed to remedy your problem

i knew it would be just a matter of time before some uneducated moron would post the same "manuals are better" bull****. you don't like the 5AT, then STFU and don't post about it.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:28 PM
jgregory124

Thanks for the reply Accordaleer and Z04. this is crap how can you come into this thread and talk S**T man you've got nerve, You saw what the topic was about, how old are you any way. Drive an auto Z and try to get into any thing else its a great combo.
Back to the issue it just doesnt drive the same it seems in mm mode it is the same as always but in auto it seems weird, so i believe i will take it to the dealer on monday need an oil change any way (300 miles over do)
I will keep you guys updated
Old 08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by Z04
i knew it would be just a matter of time before some uneducated moron would post the same "manuals are better" bull****. you don't like the 5AT, then STFU and don't post about it.
i'm a moron because you can't handle driving stick? i drove the auto, and laughed all the way back to the dealership with that hunk of ****. i don't like the 5at, and i'll say it if i want. this is a free country, so go change your tampon you giant pvssy
Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Z04

i'm a moron because you can't handle driving stick? i drove the auto, and laughed all the way back to the dealership with that hunk of ****. i don't like the 5at, and i'll say it if i want. this is a free country, so go change your tampon you giant pvssy
no, i can not drive a stick due to injuries i sustained in Iraq, moron. got anything else to say? plus for some people it is a matter of choice. the Z is a Z, no matter what frickin transmission is in it. so please, keep your lame comments to yourself. thank you very much
Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 PM
booger

Originally Posted by Z04
+1000

Some peoples kids ! ! !
Old 08-25-2007, 04:11 PM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by Z04
no, i can not drive a stick due to injuries i sustained in Iraq, moron. got anything else to say?
SIR YES SIR! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, SIR!

I don't really give a **** who you are, or what kind of injuries you 'sustained'. Everyone has their cards dealt. You started with name calling. Bottom line. Now where's my apology Sargeant?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Aggro_Al

His problem is possibly with his transmission. Your problem is you're an idiot.

------------------

jgregory,

During your hard driving sessions, did any of that include brake torquing? Have you changed your transmission fluid lately? Sounds like you might have some slippage in the band or clutch.

You should get it checked out right away, you may be able to avoid costly repairs if they catch it soon enough.

Good luck.

Last edited by Aggro_Al; 08-25-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Z04

SIR YES SIR! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, SIR!

I don't really give a **** who you are, or what kind of injuries you 'sustained'. Everyone has their cards dealt. You started with name calling. Bottom line. Now where's my apology Sargeant?

if you know anything about the Z, you would know that besides your uneducated comment about a manual being better, you would find that there are many owners on ehre with 5AT cars that are faster (yes, i said faster) than manuals. plus we do not have all the transmission issues that you 6MT people suffer from. so please, before you start saying the 6MT is better, i suggest you search and learn about the transmission you are bragging about so much first. do not bother replying to this because whatever you may say, it would be biased and not be worth reading anyway.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:00 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

tranny cooler might be a good idea if you're gonna run it hard. had it cooled down when it gave you issues? or was it right after?

The tranny will shift harder to protect itself (harder shifts are easier on the clutches) if it detects a number of conditions (including increase input torque).

EDIT: lonewolf, you are out of line; particularly to a member of the armed forces (they've earned the respect that's due them, you my young friend have not).

Last edited by rcdash; 08-25-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-25-2007, 05:29 PM
lowtempo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

the trick is to keep "positive" throttle pressure when ever you shift. Thats both upshifting or downshifting. That keeps the shift lags down to a minimum. Keep driving it hard and you'll get used to driving the AT in manual mode, at its maximum. I have the 04 AT, which doesnt have the new rev-match feature, so I have to try to do my own rev-matching.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:45 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

lowtempo - do you have a TCU in the passenger side footwell (ie. are you early 2004 or 2004.5). Do you have knee pads?

Reason I ask is *I think* the 5AT with the integrated TCU has rev-matching (late 2004 cars).
Old 08-25-2007, 08:28 PM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Never had any problems like that. My AT runs very smoothly and I find it very responsive under all driving conditions.

Someone give Lonewolf a hug before he goes postal.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
jgregory124

Yes I did do some brake torquing and the problem happened after that so I just need to take it to the deal i guess, but what do I tell them that I am having some slippage when the car shifts gears?
Also how would this affect 3rd or 4th gear this just doesnt make sense to me.
Any ways guys thanks for the support and Z04 I was wounded in Iraq as well so LoneWolf you are only able to talk because people like us are willing to lay or lives for idiots like you, so take your comments and stay the hell out of my thread
Old 08-25-2007, 10:21 PM
MyLadyZ

^kids....
So young

Quick Reply: automatic trans owners