Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch Pedal sticks. What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 PM
05Redline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal sticks. What do I do?

I have a 2005 base model Z. The problem is that between shifts when i let out the clutch, it will stop coming out before it is fully released (but it is fully disengaged), so i have to help it the rest of the way up with the top of my foot. A friend of mine said i probably need to bleed my clutch. Has anyone else experienced this problem. What do i need to do to fix it, my car is just annoying to drive right now.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 AM
TaiMonkey

you have to switch your clutch fluid with a higher temperature one. if you dont want to bleed your clutch and replace it.. which is alot of work. you can do this
http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html
it worked for me and now my clutch is not that sticky
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Z_Driver
Master

On mine the linkage was adjusted wrong. It get to a point and the pedal won't come back up all the way. Just a thought. However, I'd check that first then I'd go with TaiMonkey's idea. I think he might be right if the linkage is adjusted right. There is always the possibility that the diafram is loosing it spring pressure which is part of the pressure plate / clutch system.

I actually, have mine adjusted as yours is working so that I can get the clutch to release closer to the floor and I installed a helper spring to bring it back up on return. Pssst .... Don't tell anyone .... it's really nice and they won't believe you anyways.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:21 AM
05Redline

Yeah i tried adjusting the linkage already but still had the problem. I guess I'll give swapping my fluid a shot. that sounds a whole lot better than bleeding the whole system. Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by 05Redline
Yeah i tried adjusting the linkage already but still had the problem. I guess I'll give swapping my fluid a shot. that sounds a whole lot better than bleeding the whole system. Thanks for all your help guys.
Yep, seems like the most likely solution to your problem.... Good luck
Old 09-24-2007, 12:59 AM
TaiMonkey

i hope the link helped, because my car runs much better since i swap out the clutch fluid.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm, the same problem just started for me about a week ago, have to get it a shot.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 PM
05Redline

Originally Posted by TaiMonkey
i hope the link helped, because my car runs much better since i swap out the clutch fluid.
That seems to have fixed the problem. I changed it out the fluid and my clutch hasn't acted up since. About $10 and 20 min and it was fixed. A whole lot better than dropping it off at the dealership. Thanks for all your help.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

WOW, how do you swap fluid without bleeding they system???? YOu need to bleed it as your first step.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:26 AM
redlude97

Originally Posted by terrasmak
WOW, how do you swap fluid without bleeding they system???? YOu need to bleed it as your first step.
with a syringe, did you read the link?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with my 05' 26,000 miles. Only happens on hot days. Gonna take it in to the dealership today see if they bleed my system. maybe swap out for some motul. Could the system just have air in it or is it definitely the boiling fluid? or both?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 AM
1Quick350z

hey I have an issue with my clutch also...if im about start a drag race and the light turns green and I accelerate, my clutch will stick to the floor and barely come up, and when I push it bakc down tos witch gears it still stays down...any insight of what might be happening..it happens randomly too

2) Also when I turn my steering wheel I hear a LOUD clicking sound outside my car what is that?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 AM
06MagneticZ

Same issue started happening after WCN installed my Nismo Clutch and JWT Flywheel. Only happens on hot days or when sitting in heavy traffic on the 101 fwy for a really long time.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 AM
NissanDrifter06

hey 1quick350z i have that exact same problem with my 2006 base 350z, when i rev it aroun 5000 and and dump the clutch my clutch pedal sticks to my floor and wont come back up until i let off the gas pedal.

at first i thought i was like a safety thing, then i read around and found out that it might be my slave cyl. now im reading that the fluids are bad. hmmmm
Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 AM
spinemittens

I have a 2005 base model Z. The problem is that between shifts when i let out the clutch, it will stop coming out before it is fully released (but it is fully disengaged), so i have to help it the rest of the way up with the top of my foot. A friend of mine said i probably need to bleed my clutch. Has anyone else experienced this problem. What do i need to do to fix it, my car is just annoying to drive right now.
Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same exact problem. I noticed it is more common on hot days and the more I drive the car. The sticking is mild at first but gets worse the more I drive.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I had that after my headers install - apparently the clutch fluid line running right next to the headers was boiling the fluid. Switched to Motul and instant fix. Easy to do too, although a two person job.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Sponge

Yes. The fluid is overheating. Swap to higher temp fluid or wrap the clutch line in several layers of header tape works. I've only wrapped the clutch line as it runs right next to my headers. I no longer have a problem.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:09 PM
spinviper

I have exactly the same problem with my 06 Track, the clutch wont come back when I rev up.
But there are more problems.
1. VDC turn off automatically
2. Slip sign on automatically
3. Break sign on automatically( no hand break use at all)
4. My car smell weird, like something burn.

I might go to shop and change the clutch fluid, and that will solve clutch stuck problem.
How about the other?
What should I do ?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:17 AM
spinviper

anyone?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
ztarded

any diy instructions fo this? mine has the same problem after my exhaust install, but only after i have driven it hard.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal sticks. What do I do?