Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cpapasmurf
Oleg
Well unfortunately I do have to re torte. I actually own a Volvo and BMW Repair shop. We have been in business for 24 years. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
In East St.Louis they have a saying..."get in, where you fit in". Maybe you just don’t fit in here in the V8 swap post…maybe this isn’t for you? Why hang around where you don’t have a positive interest? That’s like me giving up Formula One tickets for the Opera, to go to a candle party, or to watch Sense and Sensibility at the drive in!!!!

Volvo and BMW shop owners should have no need here at a Nissan forum? We all know that Volvo owners...well no comment needed. With 24 years of running a Volvo/BMW shop..you end up here on the Nissan 350Z shop. I guess Volvo/BMW's are not much fun...or you could not figure out in 24 years how to make them much fun? Just a quick observation, although I could be wrong.

Common sense...fast cars are fun. It doesn’t matter if its a Scion XB with a Mazda 323 AWD turbo chassis swap...it would be a fun XB to drive.

Although I am restraining from acting as Ghetto as I know I can.lol Please reserve your comments else where. This thread has been nothing but a positive experience for all of us who subscribe to the post. No need to fight your way to changing our minds. You said your peace, please go back to your Volvo/BMW forums and let us V8 seekers be.

If I could figure out a way to put a V8 in my cell phone....I would do it. True car enthusiasts don’t discriminate on make, model, manufacture, race, cylinder, FI mode, or the amount of doors. You don’t seem to have the same standard, so my suggestion is to look before you leap.

Also for the record, the guys/gals on here have gone easy on you thus far.

YOU BEEN WARNED....lol

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 11-20-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:53 AM
da mayor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noah did come from having a twin turbo'ed Z to this. it is a unique build
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Way to go bringing a firehose to a parade....
+2 What a *****.

Smurf,

There are plenty of people who think exactly as you do about American muscle in a Z. ...That's no problem.
But you made your post more than just an expression of your opinion. It was was written to be insulting to the OP and everyone else interested.

BTW Have you driven a Vulva lately?
You need it.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 11-20-2007 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 AM
NoahzBurnt

Hey now I had a volvo...an 850 T5R back in the day....

what puzzles me regarding this "NISSAN" enthusiasm....if a true enthusiast must use a NISSAN VQ to make power then a built motor with aftermarket rods, bolts gaskets etc is no longer a NISSAN VQ...especially once you put a stroker kit in...then you slap on aftermarket turbos....so essentially you are not keeping the Z original at all....I had a TT Z, and have been doing mods for to my Z sice i bought it in 02/04...so by your logic I AM NOT an enthusiast

I resepct your opinion but based on my facts above u need to understand that your logic comes off as that of an autistic 12 year old that eats paint...a true purist wouldn't even change rims according to you....so now mr. autistic....if people were are all "enthusiasts" to use your sense of the word, your business of "I actually own a Volvo and BMW Repair shop. We have been in business for 24 years. We have one of the most respected Volvo and BMW Shops in Northern California. I work on everything from minor repairs to all levels of custom work including engine fabrication. In my 16 years as a Mechanic I have built several cars from the ground up anything from Honda's to Alfa Romeo's." would have been dead a long time ago....that's right..."enthusiasts" would almost guarantee that you would be unemployed...cause god forbid they allow you to alter their car

so next time you try to put together a coherent argument please think before you type.....

now back to the topic at hand

My car should be heading back to alabama soon as Brian Hinson needs to finish some little touches and beging replicating the mounts that were made on my car...we are trying to find a respectable shipping rate...after that i am going to try to find the coin to finish my 454 LSX (good for 7XX to the tires based on heads [read: $]) with abig old shot of teh funny stuff
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

I'm having a hard time figuring out how you will be able to utilize the laughing gas in anything but 6th gear.

TQ will already be off the chart. Seriously. Add N2O to it and your tires will melt into the pavement and your rims will spin-grind down to nubs.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 AM
frostyrock7c

Good luck Noah, I can't wait to see the completely finished product. I have loved both my Z's and worked for a Chevy Dealership for 5 years, this is something I always wanted to try for myself!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I'm having a hard time figuring out how you will be able to utilize the laughing gas in anything but 6th gear.

TQ will already be off the chart. Seriously. Add N2O to it and your tires will melt into the pavement and your rims will spin-grind down to nubs.

No the gas sprays directly into the A/C vents....
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

Originally Posted by Hydrazine

Been thinking the same thing for a long time!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
No the gas sprays directly into the A/C vents....
There ya go.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

Originally Posted by cpapasmurf
Oleg
Well unfortunately I do have to re torte. I actually own a Volvo and BMW Repair shop. We have been in business for 24 years. We have one of the most respected Volvo and BMW Shops in Northern California. I work on everything from minor repairs to all levels of custom work including engine fabrication. In my 16 years as a Mechanic I have built several cars from the ground up anything from Honda's to Alfa Romeo's. I know what it would take to drop in a different engine. I was not denying the fact that it would take some work, the simple fact is that you defeat the hole purpose of the task. MY hole take on this thread was not do deal with little people such as your self, but to voice my opinion and my thoughts on this matter. Unfortunately there are people like you that must argue as soon as you get chance. People like you ruin the hole experience of this forum and give it a bad name. People are here to talk about what they like, dislike, and gain knowledge and information. I saw this post and thought I would express that I think replacing the engine in the Z with a Vette engine is defeating the hole reason of buying the Z. Guess that was beyond your 10th grade understanding. I apologize to all of the others that have to read this, but hope it clears it up.
whole... thank you

Last edited by JoeDirtPharmD; 11-20-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
whole... thank you
No.. thank YOU, LOL. That is annoying. Although some of the sentences are a little funnier with "hole" used.

Will
Old 11-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Mid117

I called Hinson a couple months ago and got a price quote already....I won't speculate, but anything you do to a Z costs $$$
Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
jimmyloose

Originally Posted by JoeDirtPharmD
whole... thank you
you missed one.

To the smurf... Which shop do you own? Remind me not to go there.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 AM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by Oleg
Of course it is!!! RB26DETT is teh mad uber JDM tyte, while LS2 is teh suxxorz americal slow-maro engine. Where have you been?
wrong...the ls2 is 400 hp @ 6000rpm & 400 lb-ft tq. @ 4400rpm where a RB26DETT produces 280hp @ 6800rpm & 260 lb-ft. tq. at 4400rpm.

horsepower and torque are related measurements of power where horsepower is calculated from torque values on a dynamometer. they're both producing their peak torque at 4400rpm. at 6800rpm the LS2 produces around 375 lb-ft.

and, yes the ls2 is heavier, but a more monster engine.

Last edited by mcarlomagno; 11-21-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Mid117
I called Hinson a couple months ago and got a price quote already....I won't speculate, but anything you do to a Z costs $$$
I called too...more than fair...cheaper than some of the MD/VA/DC TT built motor quotes!!!!!!

Anyone need a liver...I have two and I am selling the other for a V8..sounds like a signature....

Will sell liver for V8

seriously leaning to be the first G to try this route! Thanks Noah for starting what I always thought someone should do...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:26 AM
NoahzBurnt

don't thank me.....thank my inability to save $ for once in my life
Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by mcarlomagno
wrong...the ls2 is 400 hp @ 6000rpm & 400 lb-ft tq. @ 4400rpm where a RB26DETT produces 280hp @ 6800rpm & 260 lb-ft. tq. at 4400rpm.

horsepower and torque are related measurements of power where horsepower is calculated from torque values on a dynamometer. they're both producing their peak torque at 4400rpm. at 6800rpm the LS2 produces around 375 lb-ft.

and, yes the ls2 is heavier, but a more monster engine.

i do see what exactly ur trying to say with this, but the guy u quoted was being sarcastic

and for the record, the ls2 is considerably lighter than the rb26, even more so when u add on the turbo's and related stuff (intercooler, piping, etc.). the rb26 is iron, the ls2 is aluminum
Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 PM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by warmmilk
i do see what exactly ur trying to say with this, but the guy u quoted was being sarcastic

and for the record, the ls2 is considerably lighter than the rb26, even more so when u add on the turbo's and related stuff (intercooler, piping, etc.). the rb26 is iron, the ls2 is aluminum
ahh, i missed that iron part.

plus it's a little hard to tell sarcasm through text when there aren't smiley faces or anything, haha.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM
RBlover69

Hey, i dont understand why there is hate on this project. Listen

if hinson can offer a package thats comparable to a complete built VQ
uses all retained functionality of the Z. And put down what a normal ls2 puts down and be as reliable as a ls2 normally is.

I see no reason why people wouldnt wanna go that route. NA the ls2 cranks out more HP per dollar granted more displacement but buck for buck you really cannot go wrong .

But pricing is going to be the major part of this. I mean with the 350z there are so many options out there. But let me tell u if you can get 400rwhp or close to that out the box with the swap with a stable platfrom and still retain its handeling. Sht ...theres going to be alot more LS2s out there then TT Zs lmao. lol Granted pricing was attractive to sway people. A stock ls2 puts out more power then a bolt on VQ NA tuned . And look how much money the average user puts into that. Its def feasible to say fck all this sht ls2 swap stay NA build on that and smoke TT Zs well most lightly boosted . In a more reliable NA platfrom.

Sick prject noah personally if moneys a object keep the ls2 and build it NA. I mean theres so far you can go before the thing isnt streetable . ANd you already stated that u wanna drive it.

BTW VIDS OF THIS ACTUALLY TURNING ON would be great. right now its preety much faith lmao. good work guys

this is def a direction that has major potential
Old 11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Gunit35

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I called too...more than fair...cheaper than some of the MD/VA/DC TT built motor quotes!!!!!!

Anyone need a liver...I have two and I am selling the other for a V8..sounds like a signature....

Will sell liver for V8
umm... technically, most ppl only have one liver... and you kinda need it lol. kindeys on the other hand... pm me a quote on one of them hahaha jk.

now that i've rained on your organ-selling parade, i'll get back on topic and say congrats to Noah. Your car is amazing. The fit and finish is unbelievable.

Quick Reply: Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)