Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
But putting in a lump of a heavy arsed engine like an RB26DETT is GOD like right?

Of course it is!!! RB26DETT is teh mad uber JDM tyte, while LS2 is teh suxxorz americal slow-maro engine. Where have you been?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:57 AM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by bhk1004
just a side question... you paid all that money to have an LSX and what not... and in the end they want even more money and your stuck with an ls2? hmmmz....

I bought the LS2 too...and after thinking long and hard...I have decided to keep on my original path of 7XX rwhp N/A with some juice for those pesky turbo hyabusa's.....

and to cpapapsmurf....to each thier own.....but i doubt your Z even compares to mine....but thnx for playing
Old 11-16-2007, 09:57 AM
baby_ruiner

awesome man! we have a ls2 and with just i/h/e she put down 393 hp/ 404 tq (on a DJ), with some shitty pace setters.... with heads cam we are looking at 450 to 475 (but my bf is lazy and hasnt done the install yet)...his shop is begging to do a built ls1 turbo set up on my z...maybe next summer....but lsX engines in japense cars FTW! good luck and have fun with all the custom fabrication!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cpapasmurf
Why would you want to ruin a Z by putting this engine in? Thats like taking a Porche and putting a corvette engine. Hmmm I guess if thats what you like but its a disgrace especially for the Z Forum.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
NoahzBurnt

Esp 454 LSX motors with 300 shots
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
redlinez

I got news for Smurf, they put Chevy V8's in Porsches too! 911's, 914's,
944's and 928's and they go like stink for a lot less money. Then of course they are ruined forever!
And they can never hang out with real Porsches again.
Bob
Old 11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
ksandhu29

super Creative!!! kudos my friend!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:07 PM
chickmagnet

In my personal opinion I think Nissan should go with a V8 in a Z anywayz. I like the new VQs but, I think nissan needs to "go big or go home" make a statment with the Z, and scrap the 3.7 or 3.8, or whatever its gonna be engine and stick @ least a 4.5l liter V.8 in it and be done. Great job dude I have thought about doing sort of the same project to my old Z befor I sold it. Here is just one more example of ACTIONS SPEEK LOUDER THEN WORDS! and pics are worth a million of them. GREAT JOB. As soon as you guys get settled on pricing and shop time let me know I will go buy another Z, send it to Brian and build my Z with simular N/A set up verses waiting until 2009 for new cup holders, 200 more lbs and 8 to 10 extra hp.
thanks
chris aka chickmagnet
Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The popular swap back in the day was vette engines into lotus Europa's. It wasn't about status symbols or collector cars, it was about go fast.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:58 PM
warmmilk

Why would you want to ruin a Z by putting this engine in? Thats like taking a Porche and putting a corvette engine. Hmmm I guess if thats what you like but its a disgrace especially for the Z Forum.
u mean like this?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=109009

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fPAk95l88

or this

http://www.porschev8.com/928.html

or this

http://www.porschev8.com/914_future.html

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVcXX0GPJUw

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7Hn7FmZ-o

should i keep going?

don't be so up narrow minded, let loose once in a while, explore and experience. do that, and who knows, u might get laid one of these days
Old 11-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Oleg

Dude, just leave this dumbass alone, he's probably too busy to read this while jacking off to the mad JDM option auto DVD's, or whatever those are called...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
NoahzBurnt

Oleg....LOL
Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
cpapasmurf
Banned

Hmmm well guess none of you that want to talk crap understand pride in your car. What I was trying to say is what is the point in buying a Z to replace the motor. If you want to run a vette engine buy a vette or build yourself a kit car. I just think that it makes more since, and would get you alot more props to take a Z engine and build it. I have no respect for a Z that smokes me with a Vette engine. If you pull up in a fully built Z Motor especially NA and can take me than more power to you. What pride do you get in taking a Vette engine dropping it into your Z and your done. Wow that took so much work. Moding a car building it and working on it is the fun part. But like I said if thats your cup of tea more power to you its just the easy way out. Once again my opinion and comback to the guys that want to talk crap and Im sure have never picked up a wrench.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
cpapasmurf
Banned

Oh and Oleg must be speaking from experience. Fortunately I do have a life and my own business, so no dont have time to sit here all day.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Oleg

Hmmm well guess none of you that want to talk crap understand pride in your car. What I was trying to say is what is the point in buying a Z to replace the motor. If you want to run a vette engine buy a vette or build yourself a kit car.
OK, we got it, you're against other makes' engines in Z's. Now, what about Mitsu turbos, GM 4-speed auto trannies, etc. Where do you draw the line?

I just think that it makes more since, and would get you alot more props to take a Z engine and build it.
Not quite, it's also about creativity, taking roads less traveled, doing something for the first time.

I have no respect for a Z that smokes me with a Vette engine.
He won't have much respect for you either.

If you pull up in a fully built Z Motor especially NA and can take me than more power to you.
OK...

What pride do you get in taking a Vette engine dropping it into your Z and your done. Wow that took so much work.
If you think that it's not much work, you should not even be participating in this discussion. It is not difficult to physically stuff a motor into an engine bay. But if you think that it's easy to intergrate all the wiring and creature features together, then, wow....

Moding a car building it and working on it is the fun part.
From your comment on the ease of the conversion, like you would know...

But like I said if thats your cup of tea more power to you its just the easy way out.
See above.

Once again my opinion and comback to the guys that want to talk crap and I'm sure have never picked up a wrench.
It is clear without you stating this. Your absolute lack of technical knowledge (especially after your statement about the ease of the conversion) is apparent, as is your glowing desire to start a trouble.

Oh and Oleg must be speaking from experience. Fortunately I do have a life and my own business, so no dont have time to sit here all day.

I am indeed speaking from experience. We have drama seeking trolls on here all the time. I am willing to bet that your business has not much to do with cars, judging by the fact that you can afford a computer.

Now, I am out of this conversation and will ignore your further pearl of wisdom, out of respect for Noah and lack of desire to participate in the thread going of topic. Let's see if you could resist the urge of having the last word in this. Bye now, I have some option auto vids to jack off to.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
cpapasmurf
Banned

Oleg
Well unfortunately I do have to re torte. I actually own a Volvo and BMW Repair shop. We have been in business for 24 years. We have one of the most respected Volvo and BMW Shops in Northern California. I work on everything from minor repairs to all levels of custom work including engine fabrication. In my 16 years as a Mechanic I have built several cars from the ground up anything from Honda's to Alfa Romeo's. I know what it would take to drop in a different engine. I was not denying the fact that it would take some work, the simple fact is that you defeat the hole purpose of the task. MY hole take on this thread was not do deal with little people such as your self, but to voice my opinion and my thoughts on this matter. Unfortunately there are people like you that must argue as soon as you get chance. People like you ruin the hole experience of this forum and give it a bad name. People are here to talk about what they like, dislike, and gain knowledge and information. I saw this post and thought I would express that I think replacing the engine in the Z with a Vette engine is defeating the hole reason of buying the Z. Guess that was beyond your 10th grade understanding. I apologize to all of the others that have to read this, but hope it clears it up.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Oleg

edit****sorry, double post

Last edited by Oleg; 11-19-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Oleg

Oleg
Well unfortunately I do have to re torte. I actually own a Volvo and BMW Repair shop. We have been in business for 24 years. We have one of the most respected Volvo and BMW Shops in Northern California. I work on everything from minor repairs to all levels of custom work including engine fabrication. In my 16 years as a Mechanic I have built several cars from the ground up anything from Honda's to Alfa Romeo's. I know what it would take to drop in a different engine. I was not denying the fact that it would take some work, the simple fact is that you defeat the hole purpose of the task. MY hole take on this thread was not do deal with little people such as your self, but to voice my opinion and my thoughts on this matter. Unfortunately there are people like you that must argue as soon as you get chance. People like you ruin the hole experience of this forum and give it a bad name. People are here to talk about what they like, dislike, and gain knowledge and information. I saw this post and thought I would express that I think replacing the engine in the Z with a Vette engine is defeating the hole reason of buying the Z. Guess that was beyond your 10th grade understanding. I apologize to all of the others that have to read this, but hope it clears it up.
For the sake of the discussion, I am not going to argue with your Volvo experience. In fact, if you honestly feel that an LS2 swap in to a Z is easier then bolting a TT on top of a built motor, then more power to you. BTW, this is a good opportunity for you to show off some of your feature cars/favorite projects, that is if we are not entirely beneath you. Worst case scenario, you'd get some crazy projects from the Z people. unless you are more interested in preserving the Z's Z-ness, then their owners' desire to do so... I hope that my humble request will not invite more bitter sarcasm from you. Please forgive my 10 year education.

Last edited by Oleg; 11-20-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oleg
If Noah's car =FAIL

Then

You as a car performance enthusiast=FAIL

Not everyone wants the "pride" of struggling to make insane power with the VQ. The easier path does not make it the easiest.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

papasmurf... it's not like he bought a salvaged Z from the junkyard and made any old chevy motor fit just so he could have a junker that looks like a Z.

You sure take the "enthusiasm" out of "car enthusiast"

Is it so hard to have respect for people who are doing something unique, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF DOING IT?

Way to go bringing a firehose to a parade....

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 11-20-2007 at 12:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)