Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corbic
Do you have a final curb weight and 1/4 time for the car yet?

Dude i have had the car back for 28 hours.....so no i do not.

But i can tell you the car feels the same (turn in and steering response as my TT VQ).

Comparing this mod to a stock Z is irrelevent IMO. A stock Z does not perform anywhere near the LS2 swapped one does and once you add a twin turbo kit to a VQ you are adding around 100 pounds to the front of the car. To make this much power N/A is a much safer option as I had vacuum leaks and quite a few other annoyances that this swap has alleviated.
Once again I give this mod a big 10/10 for performance, reliability and overall amazing fit and finish.

Brian has done a superb job of earning a customer for life. He was always there to answer my calls and AIMS (was never "on the dyno"). His invioce was spot on accurate and had no suprises when the car was finished and is a very straight forward and honest guy. He never told me what I wanted to hear just to make me happy. He was honest with his work and you can tell his attention to detail is second to none. I will get some pics up in a few days as soon as i finish prepping the car for HIN. The motor is solid and the coolant temps stay rock steady. Everything has an OEM fit and finish and exceeded EVERY expectation I had with being the first person to do this. He even went as far as to cover every bolt he replaced in my interior with a nice finished cap. He swapped a Black leather shift boot with grey stitching and black/aluminum GTO **** that matches our interiors with out me even asking. His desire to make this look OEM perfect really shows in the small details and I will be using his services again. He even went as far as to custom modify my GTO engine cover with brushed aluminum inserts to match the custom nitrosu module mount he made for me.

I offer anyone local who is seriously considering this swap to come and see the car. I can guarantee that once you see the craftsmanship of his work you will immediatley be next on line.

As i said earlier the only thing I would have done differently would have been to include a set of resonators. The 2" collector long tubes to an X-pipe blowing out of vibrant canisters (thanks donovan @ vibrant for helping getting me a set after i sold my AAM exhaust) is just very loud. Maybe I am getting older but a day in criminal court for noise violations is not fun anymore. I will get a set of resonators eventually and see if that makes this more cop friendly. Other than that I am 100% satisfied, so much so that it was worth the wait and $.

I only hope that when you guys get your cars done in 6 weeks you remember who sacrifed their Z for you

As a testament to the professionalism and quality of Brian Hinson and his crew I am even sending him my FD for an LS9 swap for SEMA 08. I would never contemplate spending $ for install and shipping my car 1000 miles when there is a DIY kit available, but his work and customer service is a truly rare find in today's automotive world. I highly recommend his shop for this swap and am glad I have met someone with so much integrity in this industry.

Last edited by NoahzBurnt; 04-13-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 AM
brianhinson

Noah - It was a pleasure working with you. We're glad to see everything worked out well. We are very pleased with the outcome of the car, and I think this will be a popular alternative to the turbo VQ. I say this as a dealer for the Turbonetics kit too.

Pictures & Video - We had no time for any pictures before the car left. Noah will take some pictures shortly and post them for everyone to see.

Pricing - We will spend a few days this week going over the materials and time invested. Pricing for a DIY mail order kit and turn-key installations will be available shortly. We're not going to make you guys wait much longer.

Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help where we can.

Thanks.

Brian @
www.HinsonSuperCars.com
Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Cadre

Noah - Sorry if you posted this earlier, but what did you do with your VQTT? This setup seems like the thing I'm looking for. Believe me, I love my VQHR but the LS swap is just insane. The main reason I'm asking is because WHEN I do this swap, I'd like to be able to sell my VQHR to off-set the expense.

I live for the day I can have something like this done. However, my wife controlls the cash right now. Paying for a two Master degrees ain't cheap!

Congrats on a great build man and I truely look forward to seeing some videos off this car in action and on the dyno.

Brian- I look forward to the day we do buisness together. Noah has completely sold me on this and your craftmanship and professionalism is
such a hard thing to find now days. Great work!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

^^ Same. If things go right, I'll be back overseas and I will come home around September. I'll get it to you then.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:07 PM
NoahzBurnt

Guy you can not beat Brian's honesty, willingness to answer my questions (some even at 2am) and the pride he and his team put into the car. He has been following up with me already to see how things are going and that is already a welcomed change from my previous experiences.

The price alone was worth the service...as he truly takes pride in his work and his comitment to customer service are something I thought to be extint years ago.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
NoahzBurnt

I too sold all of my VQ parts to help offset the cost. You really can not go wrong with this when you consider what the VQ will fetch and how that will heavily offset the cost of the LS swap.

Depening on how much you can sell your stuff for, you can make out like a bandit with the LS2.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Corbic

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
I too sold all of my VQ parts to help offset the cost. You really can not go wrong with this when you consider what the VQ will fetch and how that will heavily offset the cost of the LS swap.

Depening on how much you can sell your stuff for, you can make out like a bandit with the LS2.

Exactly. An LS2 motor-set will run about the same cost of a TT-kit, and I'm sure selling the VQ power train will easily pay for most of the mounting hardware.

I'm in agreement with you on the idea of the swap. I'm just looking for some hard numbers. I've always loved the LS and Ford-Mod, however I find them wrapped around very undesirable cars.

I'm no less then six-months out on doing something like this, and I still haven't decided if I'd rather build my S13 or the 350Z. However If I go this route I'd love to fly out and take a look at your car in person. (What is a few hundred when you're dumping 10gs DIY).
Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
NoahzBurnt

That car will be at hot import nights in DC this weekend if you wanna come by and see it
Old 04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

So does it feel like a GTO?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

PICS/VIDS or BAN!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
weaselfury

mmmmmm... yummy compressor goodness... whens it coming man. you know we are never satisfied
Old 04-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Noah, you going to ZDAYZ? Just curious, cuz if you do, theres no point in anyone else competing in the Exhaust competition.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:18 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, the car sounds SICK... I did not get to drive it, but MDRacer did and was just grinning every time I asked how it was...
Hearing it leave HIN last night was funny as heck, too many people did not even realize what it was until they heard it leaving.

Congrats bro!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Nforce1

Im waiting for a DIY kit!

Where? When?! How much!?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car is great, sounds great.

damn I wish I had that set up.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:46 AM
Cadre

So how many of us here have scanned the Lingenfelter website after seeing this?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
o snap its eric

i thought you were going to put in a LSX in there? I haven't kept up with the posts.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Sk8fe

Did the issue with the tach being 17% off (or whatever it was) ever get resolved?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:01 PM
shanecrosby

any sound clips?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 PM
NoahzBurnt

yep...car runs 100% as if it was stock...i drove it from NYC to DC (~700 miles round trip) and back for HIN and was amazed at how OEM the car felt....no issues what-so-ever.

The car is already en route to boston where it will be displayed in a booth at HIN. After that I am slapping on my Wald kit, lowering the car, silencing the exhaust and driving the hell out of it.

I am 100% satisfied with the work Hinson did. The car seriously looks and behaves as stock with no dash lights (and a somewhat useless traction control). Even as I was driving my past TT VQ experiences had me waiting for something to go wrong....and nothing did....just a crap load of power and smile on my face!

Quick Reply: Well MY V8 is in!!! (LS2)