Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RPM Hesitation @ 2300 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
rhythmnsmoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM Hesitation @ 2300 RPM

Not exactly sure which RPM it is, but it is the line right after the 2k line. When I take off slowly (and most noticeable in 1st), right when it hits that line, the car kinda lunges forward as if something was holding it back. It's like a hesitation/lunge/acceleration right when it hits that RPM line. Now if I take off rather quickly (not fast, but just giving it more throttle like 25%), I get no lunge/hesitation. It seems to only happen in 1st like I said, and only when I take off slowly. I can BARELY get it to do it in 2nd (have to be going real slow). Every other gear does not do it, I assume to engine speed. Now I have a Stage 2 Competition Clutch along with their Lightweight Steel Flywheel. When I first had the Clutch/Flywheel installed, I had to get used to the engagement point. So, when I would take off on hills, or what not, I could smell the clutch burning due to me slipping it to get use to the engagement. The Clutch is a Carbon Kevlar composite, so it won't glaze. Has anyone experienced this with lightweight flywheels, or is it possible that I perhaps damanged apart of the clutch in that ONE particular spot.

Like I said, if I take off a little faster, it will not lurk/lunge forward. Just a straight smooth rev.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 AM
rhythmnsmoke

13 views 0 replies.

No inputs?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, if you cruise at this spot does it "buck/sputter"?

I think you have the same problem I have/had but I've never gotten an answer either. Let me double check to see if I still have it though...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:44 AM
rhythmnsmoke

It won't sputter or buck if I'm sitting at this RPM. Only when I'm slightly accelerating does it want to lung forward like it ALL of a Sudden has some burst in the power band. It does not do it on DE-acceleration nor on semi-decent acceleration, only at slight/slow acceleration and only at this one spot. It's like something is holding it back, and then at this one spot, it gets the surge and a boost in power and accelerates faster, when I'm barely increasing throttle input.