Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Project 2JZ in a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin XAT
What would be the point... We could do the same... I think Fairlady_Z33 just wants to do a 12psi vs 12psi run between the two. It should be interesting as the VQ will produce more power at the same boost level.
I mean, they both could start going crazy with upping the boost and soon would both have to do a 100mph roll race. Thats just a pissing contest. It should be a 12 psi vs 12 psi run...

Martin S.
Sorry this turned into a flamefest... I took the pictures because I was impressed with your motor transplant... Very nice job... It looks OEM to me.

I was very surprised when he lifted the hood and a 2jz peaked out... then I remembered this thread.

Good job!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Martin XAT

Originally Posted by doug
are you willing to blow a customers motor to win a race? well guess what? PF is willing to do it..

and 12 PSI vs 12 PSI? are you kidding me? 12 PSI will put AJ's car over 500 whp easy with a healthier powerband
Blow a customer's motor ? I don't think I follow. This is what the customer requested and it is what he is going to get, and the motor is not going to blow. I am not a 2J nutswinger, but everyone knows that motor is very capable and durable even at a healthy amount of boost. As a shop, we promised him a healthy pump gas tune, to pump gas limits and that is what he is going to get. If he wants to add race gas to the mix, so be it.

"PF is willing to do it.." I don't get why anyone wants to blow up a customers motor. I am certainly not going to do it to my customer. If AJ's car is stock bottom end, then of course it will end up blowing if you try for a lot of boost. That is like asking a rhetorical question. If it is not, lets see a good race between a high boost VQ and a high boost 2J. End of story.

If you guys are willing (from PF), you can use my dyno on a Saturday and we can dyno these cars back to back at different boost levels just to see the differences in power vs boost between the two. This way we have dyno readings off of one source.

Martin S.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Blow a customer's motor ? I don't think I follow. This is what the customer requested and it is what he is going to get, and the motor is not going to blow. I am not a 2J nutswinger, but everyone knows that motor is very capable and durable even at a healthy amount of boost. As a shop, we promised him a healthy pump gas tune, to pump gas limits and that is what he is going to get. If he wants to add race gas to the mix, so be it.

"PF is willing to do it.." I don't get why anyone wants to blow up a customers motor. I am certainly not going to do it to my customer. If AJ's car is stock bottom end, then of course it will end up blowing if you try for a lot of boost. That is like asking a rhetorical question. If it is not, lets see a good race between a high boost VQ and a high boost 2J. End of story.

If you guys are willing (from PF), you can use my dyno on a Saturday and we can dyno these cars back to back at different boost levels just to see the differences in power vs boost between the two. This way we have dyno readings off of one source.

Martin S.
We dont blow up customer cars, he meant, we'd take our own cars to the limit. And thanks for the dyno offer, but we can use ours. A high boost vq is like 14 psi on the stock internals, high boost on a stock internal supra is like 33psi.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Fairlady_z33

to spin the tires you dont have to be all over the road they also just spin with the car moving forward. Plus you know aj's car is at its advantage point over with a smaller turbo spoolin way quicker and i have a turbo that is not even near efficiency and thats not even my teritory to run. But i still ran u with all the things the car had wrong. Plus i did it for fun knowing i would loose with a handicap car and everyone is making it seemed like that was my cars full potential. ill leave it at that

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Lol did you forget we did a 3rd gear pull also? You didnt look squirelly then...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Martin XAT

We dont blow up customer cars, he meant, we'd take our own cars to the limit. And thanks for the dyno offer, but we can use ours. A high boost vq is like 14 psi on the stock internals, high boost on a stock internal supra is like 33psi.

I just didn't get what Doug was implying.... kind of figured you guys wouldn't blow a motor just to try to prove something. I was just offering the dyno strictly for a equal comparison... I know you guys have your own and make good use of it. Just that a lot of people are curious to see identical boost levels vs power each motor will produce... and that some dynos differ. This would just be as equal of a way of doing it as possible.

As far as what you said .... this is what I was trying to imply as well. Can't really compare the two unless they are running equal boost. I don't like apples vs oranges.

Martin S.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:30 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I just didn't get what Doug was implying.... kind of figured you guys wouldn't blow a motor just to try to prove something. I was just offering the dyno strictly for a equal comparison... I know you guys have your own and make good use of it. Just that a lot of people are curious to see identical boost levels vs power each motor will produce... and that some dynos differ. This would just be as equal of a way of doing it as possible.

As far as what you said .... this is what I was trying to imply as well. Can't really compare the two unless they are running equal boost. I don't like apples vs oranges.

Martin S.
AJ is a PF Tech.. he can blow his motor today and rebuild it tommorow.. and has.. they once put a crazy shot of nitrous just to see what the motor would do.. 300 shot i think with a Single Turbo with crazy timing..

like i said.. these PF boys are crazy.. you don't want to go toe to toe with them.. as i said.. they blow motors for fun..

anyway.. it doesn't take common sense to know that 12 PSI on a 3.5 VQ with High Compression will have more HP and TQ than 12 PSI on a 3.0 2JZ with low compression
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by Zexy
Doug is just bored.. He does this (what he does best) on supraforums too. Who knows what other forums are getting harrased with flames from Doug. It's one big repetative cycle..
Doug is hot.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Martin XAT

Originally Posted by doug
AJ is a PF Tech.. he can blow his motor today and rebuild it tommorow.. and has.. they once put a crazy shot of nitrous just to see what the motor would do.. 300 shot i think with a Single Turbo with crazy timing..

like i said.. these PF boys are crazy.. you don't want to go toe to toe with them.. as i said.. they blow motors for fun..

anyway.. it doesn't take common sense to know that 12 PSI on a 3.5 VQ with High Compression will have more HP and TQ than 12 PSI on a 3.0 2JZ with low compression

You are seriously just trying to start a pissing contest. What would you know about who I want to go toe to toe with ? I am not going to speak for my customer, but if you would like to go up against one of my 2 personal alchohol cars, please bring it; But you better be on the hot end of 8.21 @ 154 in the quarter sir.

Martin S.

Last edited by Martin XAT; 01-07-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
nickZ33

take this **** 2 pinks!!!!! let the trash talk keep goin and lets see someone lose a nice whip
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zilvia
OMG that turbo is HUGE

im so jealous my mom and best friend are both in FL, and got to see that car last night

Yes sirreee!! I was all over this car. Sweet sound: deep rumble. And then he let it rip on Dale Mabry!! Man-O-Man!!

This Nissan meet was fantastic. If ever you are in Tampa and have the chance, get to this meet!!

Here is a pic of the 2JZ!!
Attached Thumbnails Project 2JZ in a 350Z-dsc01100.jpg  
Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribing
Old 01-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no one from here is trying to start anything. doug is just stating that we are a bit crazy...

AJs car is pretty fast, 11.0 at 124 on the stock motor and drives around like that for the most part every day. We really dont care about any dyno comparisons at all, we like the track for that. We have a dynojet here in house if we need one though.

PSI vs PSI the VQ will own. if he wants to run on 12 psi then we can step his up to 12 and have a little rematch. we can retune as well....

i think its cool you swapped the 2J in there but i think that its taking a step backwards. sure the 2J will hold more power now but i bet it wont in comparison after the VQ has been out for 13 years.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

i totally agree ... look at how long the 2JZ has been out compared to the VQ...and look at how much the VQ has progressed in such a little amount of time...after its been out for 13 years...game over IMO in terms of power capable

i see MANY 1000whp VQ's in the near future
Old 01-08-2008, 01:00 AM
monkey_zee

Nice build. Even though I would choose the HR over the 2JZ.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:54 AM
buff350z

yes its been out longer but unless the vq starts getting built with an iron block i dont see that happening without alot of money being spent in it...sleeves and other stuff
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Fairlady_z33
to spin the tires you dont have to be all over the road they also just spin with the car moving forward. Plus you know aj's car is at its advantage point over with a smaller turbo spoolin way quicker and i have a turbo that is not even near efficiency and thats not even my teritory to run. But i still ran u with all the things the car had wrong. Plus i did it for fun knowing i would loose with a handicap car and everyone is making it seemed like that was my cars full potential. ill leave it at that

Trust me everyone knows your car isnt at full potential. 12 psi aint **** on a gt42r, not to mention on a 2jzgte, as Ive stated. I have nothing but respect for 2jz's, its an awesome motor and very strong. But when your car is in its full extent, Id say you and AJ could have a good run at the drag strip. I think it will be interesting. Are you going to race gas tune your car?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:08 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
no one from here is trying to start anything. doug is just stating that we are a bit crazy...

AJs car is pretty fast, 11.0 at 124 on the stock motor and drives around like that for the most part every day. We really dont care about any dyno comparisons at all, we like the track for that. We have a dynojet here in house if we need one though.

PSI vs PSI the VQ will own. if he wants to run on 12 psi then we can step his up to 12 and have a little rematch. we can retune as well....

i think its cool you swapped the 2J in there but i think that its taking a step backwards. sure the 2J will hold more power now but i bet it wont in comparison after the VQ has been out for 13 years.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by buff350z
yes its been out longer but unless the vq starts getting built with an iron block i dont see that happening without alot of money being spent in it...sleeves and other stuff
Haha, go big or go home, you think those supra boys go cheap when they do their build? If you're gonna build a car, chuck up the money, and get it built right.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Lawy'dU

Haha, go big or go home, you think those supra boys go cheap when they do their build? If you're gonna build a car, chuck up the money, and get it built right.
yeah, and this runs counter to the idea of this swap, which if I am not mistaken was supposed to be a cheaper alternative than building the VQ. I dunno though. This definitely sounds like an intriguing swap, all of my bizotching asside. It's a very interesting idea indeed and a new/different route

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 01-08-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
yeah, and this runs counter to the idea of this swap, which if I am not mistaken was supposed to be a cheaper alternative than building the VQ. I dunno though. This definitely sounds like an intriguing swap, all of my bizotching asside. It's a very interesting idea indeed and a new/different route

LSx/2jz swaps in other chassis are my favorite. But im not sure if it was a cheaper alternative. Well cheaper, if you do it yourself.

Quick Reply: Project 2JZ in a 350Z