Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ss clutch line

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 PM
CSF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
A lot of Z's have issues with the clutch fluid overheating and losing it's ability to hold pressure due to a rubber horse with goofy heat shielding being part of the clutch line. As a result, the clutch will end up feeling "spongy" and may not spring back up when using it after the engine has gotten hot.

Replacing this rubber hose with a stainless steel hose and flushing out the bobo fluid for something better fixes this issue.

It looks like now that it's summer, this issue is more prevalent. It will die down as temperatures start to drop due to seasonal weather changes.
just to add to this:

the rubber clutch line expands under the normal pressure of use which negatively affects the clutch slave cylinder actuation, and makes the pedal feel mushy or spongy
the ss line won't flex
Old 07-17-2008, 04:02 PM
joedp2

So if there are no problems with the action of the clutch pedal, there would be no difference by changing to SS?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:17 AM
mac d

Originally Posted by CSF
you mentioned that it is a new clutch, but is it an oem clutch? i don't think low engagement is normal for the oem clutch

CSF it isn't a OEM, I bought a JWT Flywheel and clutch/plate combo and you are right about the engagement being low being abnormal on OEM.

I am not sure with this JWT but it drives fine and i am getting used to the engagement so no issues

yeah getting that SS line made a big difference my pedal doesn't feel all spongy now, getting it on was the hard part but that PB worked well thanks guys
Old 05-24-2011, 09:44 AM
onesexyz

Tackled this last night and man was it a huge PITA! I mean it might have been easier if I had a lift instead of just a jackstand but either way it's awkward. I didn't have anyone to help with the bleeding and I can't seem to get it bled thoroughly because the pedal still hesitates to com up the last 1/4 of travel.