Old 03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
norapat01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock with nice drop-in filter still the best
Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by rr_z33
obviously this person doesnt pay attention to anything. kinetix v+ and unorthadox pullies FAIL
whats this have to do with an intake?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
maybe we should create a poll on what everyone thinks is better. SRI or CAI. .haha AND see who comes out on top!

Croicky!!! the canada thing was a ref to a southpark Joke!

I could care less what newbs think, its been proven by myself and others on the dyno and strip. Guys like you turn a blind eye to the fact you paid for inferior products to stock. AND your a tech? I wouldnt let you change my oil!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 AM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're an auto tech, you must be from Mayberry. How's Goober? There is a minimum level of English proficiency needed to work as an auto tech, even in NJ. That has to be the most atrocious language skills ever displayed here. Is that something you work at, or are you illiterate?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 AM
DraGonAlchemist

you people just look for exciting fights to pick. the simple fact that i prefer a CAI over a SRI has nothing to do with what i do in life, and how i speak over the internet. if you cannot understand what im typing underground then you have no common sense to put 2 n 2 together. and what did you prove on a dyno alberto. that at a stand still a sri does better then a cai which was designed for driving so air pushes into it?(plus you have turbo, so the sri most likely works better for a quicker air response and cooled from the IC) a weak fan on a dyno of course is not going to simulate rammed air into the mouth while driving. the cai of course will soak up the hot air coming off the radiator therefore take it slower to reach the manifold on a dyno. personally i like to use the cai for my car. does that cause a problem for any of you to sleep easy at night? cause let me know damn i'll change it up for you. anything that you didnt understand underground feel free to message me and i'll explain it better for you privately otherwise stop grading me cause it's not an over the net class. so instead of putting me down for an opinion try to see it my way one time
thanks.

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 03-30-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 AM
DaProdigy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you people just look for exciting fights to pick. the simple fact that i prefer a CAI over a SRI has nothing to do with what i do in life, and how i speak over the internet. if you cannot understand what im typing underground then you have no common sense to put 2 n 2 together. and what did you prove on a dyno alberto. that at a stand still a sri does better then a cai which was designed for driving so air pushes into it?(plus you have turbo, so the sri most likely works better for a quicker air response and cooled from the IC) a weak fan on a dyno of course is not going to simulate rammed air into the mouth while driving. the cai of course will soak up the hot air coming off the radiator therefore take it slower to reach the manifold on a dyno. personally i like to use the cai for my car. does that cause a problem for any of you to sleep easy at night? cause let me know damn i'll change it up for you. anything that you didnt understand underground feel free to message me and i'll explain it better for you privately otherwise stop grading me cause it's not an over the net class. so instead of putting me down for an opinion try to see it my way one time
thanks.
nobody is picking a fight with you... we were just trying to inform you that the intake you're using is more than likely doing more harm than good... once you decided you didnt want to take the advice of people who know a little bit more than you... you kinda brought it on yourself... lol especially with that multi-filter restriction cai design you mentioned
Old 03-30-2008, 09:05 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by DaProdigy
nobody is picking a fight with you... we were just trying to inform you that the intake you're using is more than likely doing more harm than good... once you decided you didnt want to take the advice of people who know a little bit more than you... you kinda brought it on yourself... lol especially with that multi-filter restriction cai design you mentioned

ok fine. then show me proof of this theory. I dont care what you guys say or have seen yourselves. SHOW ME PROOF! and im talking from a NA car not a turbo dyno'd one. show me what kind of "harm" my intakes doing. is it damaging harm? is it lose of power harm? is it to restricted harm? what???
Old 03-30-2008, 12:23 PM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...9&postcount=47

http://www.neuspeed.com/faq/faq_view...&ltype=ns_euro
Old 03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

ok fine. then show me proof of this theory. I dont care what you guys say or have seen yourselves. SHOW ME PROOF! and im talking from a NA car not a turbo dyno'd one. show me what kind of "harm" my intakes doing. is it damaging harm? is it lose of power harm? is it to restricted harm? what???
I have proof, it was 9-10whp. I have the old Dynojet files at home, when I get home if I have time tonight I'll prove you dont know squat. I also ran faster at the track. Truth is, for people like you, even dyno's wont prove anything, you will anlways knitpick your ways. You can rationalize all you want, proof is out there, saying you personally like CAI's better than SR's is like saying "I like modding my car to degredge it performance" its that fawking stupid.

EDIT-BTW THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU! When you go against things that have been proven and established you provide proof your claims are correct, not us...but I'll prove your wrong later when I get a chance. As if the dyno sheet Blasian posted for you wasnt enough....

Last edited by Alberto; 03-31-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

......noobs
Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
OCG35
Banned

loses power... PM DaveO, he has boatloads of dynos that show it. Also I believe Tony @ Motordyne has done some testing... the info people are giving you is not based on theory, it's from several years of seeing different intakes on dynos...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 PM
BakaN20

if dynos are not enough I posted links to the science behind it all also
Old 03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by Alberto
I have proof, it was 9-10whp. I have the old Dynojet files at home, when I get home if I have time tonight I'll prove you dont know squat. I also ran faster at the track. Truth is, for people like you, even dyno's wont prove anything, you will anlways knitpick your ways. You can rationalize all you want, proof is out there, saying you personally like CAI's better than SR's is like saying "I like modding my car to degredge it performance" its that fawking stupid.

EDIT-BTW THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU! When you go against things that have been proven and established you provide proof your claims are correct, not us...but I'll prove your wrong later when I get a chance. As if the dyno sheet Blasian posted for you wasnt enough....
what r u proving to me if your turbo'd and inter cooled?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I think he means prior to FI...
Old 03-31-2008, 05:11 PM
DraGonAlchemist

fine i'll take into consideration what your all telling me,but in reality testing on a dyno really doesnt prove what the car really does on the street ya kno. sure the #'s on a dyno show impressive gains so u all say with the sri,and berto over there says at the track he notices a difference, but is it with NA or FI?? i would think that on diff temped days like weather conditions the CAI would perform amazingly well on a dry cooler day then the sri itself. .but you cannot truly get the thrift of it running on a dyno with a simulated weak fan. im not trying to act like i know everything. .im just being the 12th angry man!! i could luckily change the injen to short ram pretty easily so im not crazy that i cannot test it, just feel that i got more from cai then i did when i had the sri on for a day or 2 cause i was to lazy to run the piping due to the time i had left.

we've got an inspection dyno at the shop .im able to put a load on it. .but it does not show HP or TQ. does anyone know the formula(if there is one) i can use to plug in and test it myself when i put a load on the engine with the inspection dyno? is there such a formula to get HP and or Tq this way?
P / {\rm hp} = {[\tau / ({\rm ft \cdot lbf})] [\omega / ({\rm r/min})] \over 5252}

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 03-31-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
BakaN20

fine i'll take into consideration what your all telling me,but in reality testing on a dyno really doesnt prove what the car really does on the street ya kno. sure the #'s on a dyno show impressive gains so u all say with the sri,and berto over there says at the track he notices a difference, but is it with NA or FI?? i would think that on diff temped days like weather conditions the CAI would perform amazingly well on a dry cooler day then the sri itself. .but you cannot truly get the thrift of it running on a dyno with a simulated weak fan. im not trying to act like i know everything. .im just being the 12th angry man!! i could luckily change the injen to short ram pretty easily so im not crazy that i cannot test it, just feel that i got more from cai then i did when i had the sri on for a day or 2 cause i was to lazy to run the piping due to the time i had left.

we've got an inspection dyno at the shop .im able to put a load on it. .but it does not show HP or TQ. does anyone know the formula(if there is one) i can use to plug in and test it myself when i put a load on the engine with the inspection dyno? is there such a formula to get HP and or Tq this way?
P / {\rm hp} = {[\tau / ({\rm ft \cdot lbf})] [\omega / ({\rm r/min})] \over 5252}
Did you read the links I posted? Like I said, if dynos and track time does not prove it to you, then the links should be enough for you to have a better understanding why the benefits of a cai (If any) do not outweigh the negatives.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:03 PM
DraGonAlchemist

yeah thats all fine and dandy when working with German vehicles.

http://www.injen.com/galleries/produ...1986_dynos.jpg

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 03-31-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

what r u proving to me if your turbo'd and inter cooled?
Are you serious? I started stock, went through a nice NA set-up, then ST, now TT built over the past 4 years. Ive always had setups that run fast, Ive dyno'd all my setups and tracked them all, I know what works and what doesnt. Believe what you want your a lost cause I couldnt give 2 $hits if you want to take advice or not....and your right dynos arent the end all be all, I also have track proof but what will a slip tell you, chances are you cant read one anyways!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by Alberto
Are you serious? I started stock, went through a nice NA set-up, then ST, now TT built over the past 4 years. Ive always had setups that run fast, Ive dyno'd all my setups and tracked them all, I know what works and what doesnt. Believe what you want your a lost cause I couldnt give 2 $hits if you want to take advice or not....and your right dynos arent the end all be all, I also have track proof but what will a slip tell you, chances are you cant read one anyways!
what do u mean am i serious? how the hell am i supposed to know what you've done from the get go? im going by what info your leaving out. look i believe you damn, im still old school theoretical about things. im going to try the sri for a few days and see if i feel any difference. i'll let you know!