Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Intercooler spray kit? Does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:54 AM
tooskerdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler spray kit? Does it work?

I have looked and looked, and i cannot find anything on this topic! So don't beat me up to much!

Does an intercooler spray kit really add that much hp to your car or is it a total waste of $?
Is any one using a nitrous intercooler spray kit, and what are your opinions, and what kind of differ. do you notice when you use it?
I would really like to know from 350z owners who really know on the matter, and or who have one themselves.
I don't buy stuff to look cool, i want it to actually do something for me.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.........................And the brow beating!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:57 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess you didn't look hard enough. this was on the first page of the search

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....oler+spray+kit
Old 03-27-2008, 05:13 AM
Kentucky_Kid

Originally Posted by tooskerdo
I have looked and looked, and i cannot find anything on this topic! So don't beat me up to much!

Does an intercooler spray kit really add that much hp to your car or is it a total waste of $?
Is any one using a nitrous intercooler spray kit, and what are your opinions, and what kind of differ. do you notice when you use it?
I would really like to know from 350z owners who really know on the matter, and or who have one themselves.
I don't buy stuff to look cool, i want it to actually do something for me.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.........................And the brow beating!
IMO useless
Old 03-27-2008, 05:25 AM
MUZZY

must have during the summer for me
Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 AM
WTX350Z

don't waste your money go alcohol injection...10x better. research that!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:24 AM
tooskerdo

Originally Posted by Z04
guess you didn't look hard enough. this was on the first page of the search

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....oler+spray+kit
Well smart guy, i'm not looking for water and meth injection, so thanks for the not needed input!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:46 AM
NISMOED

YES IT DOES WORK! anythime u can cool ur charge intake temp it betters ur wheel hp and tq numbers. is it worth it?.. i think so but only u can answer that. the output is only as good as the sum of itz parts. But i have seen it work wonders first hand!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Fluid1

So you have a turbo'd Z now? What are your goals?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by tooskerdo
Well smart guy, i'm not looking for water and meth injection, so thanks for the not needed input!

if you would have taken the time to read the thread instead of pretending you know WTF you are talking about, you would see that whether or not you use a intercooler the whole idea of spraying to get a cooler intake air is basically the same whether it is direct injection or spraying the intercooler itself. so next time, please read and if you are still confused, use google and read the many different product reviews and different used on many makes of cars, research it yourself, and make up your own mind.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Z04

better yet, how about you buy one, install it then give us your report on how much better it is or whether it sucks.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Specv_USMC

I use one on my specv. We hit target whp on the system, then installed the spray kit. With it we were able to fdrop the psi by 2lbs and maintain the same whp numbers. Doing so we kept the same hp but with less stress on the motor. now i dont know how much hp its pulling per pound but im sure we got a good 20whp from the spray kit. Now also understand this is a REALLY high boost 4banger with 3" IC piping.

mike
Old 03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Z04
if you would have taken the time to read the thread instead of pretending you know WTF you are talking about, you would see that whether or not you use a intercooler the whole idea of spraying to get a cooler intake air is basically the same whether it is direct injection or spraying the intercooler itself. so next time, please read and if you are still confused, use google and read the many different product reviews and different used on many makes of cars, research it yourself, and make up your own mind.

It was a simple question that he didnt know the answer to! I can understand if it where a typical "newbie" question that could be answered by common sense, but this was a something that needed to be answered by someone with experience.

No need to vent frustration when not needed!
Old 03-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by turismo
It was a simple question that he didnt know the answer to! I can understand if it where a typical "newbie" question that could be answered by common sense, but this was a something that needed to be answered by someone with experience.

No need to vent frustration when not needed!

yet i don't see you answering the question or even attempting to do so. he didn't know and i pointed him to the right places where he could read and research himself. there was no call for his response to help.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 AM
athenG

My friend has both (Water/Meth and Cryo2) and in my opinion it is worthless on the street. There is a delay between spraying you IC and lowering your IAT. IC spray is great if you Drag since you can sit there and spray and get that IC Cold enough before the race. Also you'll be broke if you keep spraying. Water/Meth kit has the same effect but some don't want the risk of spraying Methanol even though the pros out weight the cons.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 AM
coachk
Banned

It looks like its about 50% for and 50% against. Go to the FI section and post it and watch the responses you get. IMO its a waste of money for the minimal gains.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:44 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by Z04
yet i don't see you answering the question or even attempting to do so. he didn't know and i pointed him to the right places where he could read and research himself. there was no call for his response to help.
I sure hope your a female, then there would be reason for your period spouts. Secondly, you should have ignored this thread if you didnt have constructive to contribute
Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by turismo
I sure hope your a female, then there would be reason for your period spouts. Secondly, you should have ignored this thread if you didnt have constructive to contribute

dude WTF, i posted links and that for him and he got pissy about it, so IMO he really didn't want any help. now if you are going to get off my nuts and actually post some help for him instead of worrying what i post, i suggest you do that or follow your own advice (highlighted above for your review), otherwise STFU.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:29 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the best gains of an NO2 IC sprayer would be skipping the line with one going to the IC sprayer and go into your intake after the MAF before the TB
Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 PM
BrazenZ

Originally Posted by Z04
I read to page 7, and didn't see anything on Intercooler spraying. Spraying an intercooler and direct injection of water/ methanol are mechanically, entirely different ways to get lower intake temperatures, with entirely different effiency characteristics.

Last edited by BrazenZ; 03-28-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
I read to page 7, and didn't see anything on Intercooler spraying. Spraying an intercooler and direct injection of water/ methanol are mechanically, entirely different ways to get lower intake temperatures, with entirely different effiency characteristics.

yes, i even mentioned that. maybe not in so many words but so did a couple others in this same thread. both methods are used to cool down air going into the engine. it is a matter of debate which is better. i offered it to him as an alternative since he said he did a search (which 9 out of 10 times is not true) and found nothing. he got pissy which led to the research it yourself post.

Quick Reply: Intercooler spray kit? Does it work?