Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Intercooler spray kit? Does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Neo_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont understand why people (z04) get so mad when someone asks a question with a new thread?? wht is the problem with that?? ive been loging in everyday this week and the same F.u.c.k.in*in.threads are going around (whts the age of our z..., titan vs 350z, and etc...) if we cant ask a question here ..then wht is the point of the forum???
dude just relax ....if u dont wanna answer the question then just ignore it..
Old 03-30-2008, 03:19 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meh, I see we have some pissy old timers in this forum.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 AM
tooskerdo

I also read quite a few pages, and i didn't see intercooler spraying from nitrous. I would also like to say i'm newb but this is my 2nd z. I bought my 1st lehmans sunset -pre order and had it by feb 03. supercharged and all the other goodies that just came out in 03. Now my 05 rev up, 1st vortech, my shop did the RND and relayed info back to vortech.
I guess what i'm saying is i know what the intercooler spray does. But does anyone on here have it, and what kinda gains have they seen out of it on a 350z. I guess i will buy it and relay the info back! I just didn't want to waste my 4 for a couple hp and to look cool because i have nitrous. I don't want to buy for the wrong reasons! I did not mean to get snippy, but i see were alot of newb get on and post that do not know and people jump all over them! Let the newbs ask the question, and if you know where there is a post and or a legit answer to it, point them in the right direction. We are here as not only as a community but a family w/ the same interests! OUR Z'S!
If you don't want to be friendly and help someone out, pass by the post and don't blink an eye at it!
I'll go by the kit in the next mnth and post back if it's a go or a no!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:09 AM
coachk
Banned

If you search the FI section you will find threads on it. Here's one I found.."Any doubters of IC sprayers LOOKS"...I don't know how to link a thread so thats the title to the thread I found..I know there's more..Try searching under Snows
Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
tooskerdo

Originally Posted by coachk
If you search the FI section you will find threads on it. Here's one I found.."Any doubters of IC sprayers LOOKS"...I don't know how to link a thread so thats the title to the thread I found..I know there's more..Try searching under Snows
Thank you!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:21 PM
BILLYhoang

this one is proven fellas .

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/346517-fs-nj-co2-internal-cooling-intercooler-core-fmic.html
Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BILLYhoang

Proven where?

The greater the differential in ambient temperature from intercooler intake temperature, the better result you will have.

What you spray makes a difference. Spraying CO2 helps temps, but getting CO2 in the intake tract can displace oxygen, resulting in power loss. Spraying nitrous also helps temp, but again you often contaminate the intake charge and it is this partial ingestion of nitrous that leads to the power bump, more so than the temperature difference. Spraying water will work and if you ingest a little H2O aerosol, no big deal, BUT the cooling effect is not as great and will be minimized in humid conditions (less evaporation). So dry hot conditions will respond well to a water spray.

As some have said, depending on where you live, this may likely be more trouble than its worth.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

my nitrous express ic sprayer worked....about 400rwhp without it...431 with it! tune for it and your golden imo...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan to complete my TT Build and then add an CO2 intercooler spray bar for fun. I purchased a kit and its been sitting in my garage for months. Once installed. I'll let you know how well or poorly it worked. I can't see how it could hurt, but we'll see if its worth anything.
Before adding it, I will have a Methanol kit also, so I will have 2 coolers added in total.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:39 AM
tooskerdo

The more i've read and seen, the meth injection seems to be a better way to go. ( I'm sure i'm going to hear about this, because i shot it down in the beggining!) But anywho, i'm even more confused now! I don't know wich way to go? The meth injection seems to be real nice all around w/ tune. 8-10 + on your oct. better running temp, and cool down.
Nitrous spray bar, cooler air intake, but, possible nitrous penitration wich could be detramental to the engine!

Sorry guy's, but the more i learn about both systems and all the help and answers i get, the more confused on wich way to go? I wish i had the $ to waste and try both out!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:43 AM
taurran

I actually have a 10lb cryo2 c02/nitrous tank and sprayer bar that has been sitting around forever. I should probably sell it for cheap.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Miguel Moreno

Originally Posted by tooskerdo
I have looked and looked, and i cannot find anything on this topic! So don't beat me up to much!

Does an intercooler spray kit really add that much hp to your car or is it a total waste of $?
Is any one using a nitrous intercooler spray kit, and what are your opinions, and what kind of differ. do you notice when you use it?
I would really like to know from 350z owners who really know on the matter, and or who have one themselves.
I don't buy stuff to look cool, i want it to actually do something for me.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.........................And the brow beating!
I would go for it if your getting the kit that covers a lot of the inter cooler surface area. We had a 2017 Ford Mustang ecoboost the other day with a boost max running 276 to the wheels we got a bottle of NO2 and sprayed down the intercooler before making another run (and this was after about 4-5 runs with the thing glowing red already) we did the pull and it made 330 hp the the wheels. Theirs not a lot of things out their that cost about $300-500 for the kits and will automatically give you 54 hp on a run. I'd do it.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:41 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 3,302 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Originally Posted by Miguel Moreno
I would go for it if your getting the kit that covers a lot of the inter cooler surface area. We had a 2017 Ford Mustang ecoboost the other day with a boost max running 276 to the wheels we got a bottle of NO2 and sprayed down the intercooler before making another run (and this was after about 4-5 runs with the thing glowing red already) we did the pull and it made 330 hp the the wheels. Theirs not a lot of things out their that cost about $300-500 for the kits and will automatically give you 54 hp on a run. I'd do it.
Good answer but I doubt the OP will ever see it. Hasn't been on the forum in 7 years and the thread is 9 years old.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:20 PM
TheNecromancer

I know it's been 14 years, but i really want to hear how this story ended. I too am installing a water sprayer.