Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

UPDATE- Jet Ecu Upgrade- Ecu Died ...NATS? Security- How to reprogram?

Old 07-06-2003, 06:31 AM
wavehogger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UPDATE- Jet Ecu Upgrade- Ecu Died ...NATS? Security- How to reprogram?

Thanx RUQUIK, I'm wondering if you or any other members know how to reprogram the keys (NATS) if JET tells me nothing is wrong with their program and they say it's something else with the computer.

Maybe if it is (NATS-what does it stand for?) that security feature I would be lucky and could reprogram my keys. But do you need a special tool or computer from the dealer or is it written in a factory manual and one of you LUCKY people out there have access and could let me know how this is done...

Because I know if I go to the dealer with my exhaust, intake, grouding kit... they'll the warranty is void and I'd rather buy a new ECU and program the keys than deal with all that time and labor to put it all back and forth...

frustrated.. and waiting till Monday for an answer from JET.. Just want to try to be prepared is they don't know what's wrong..

Thanx
Steven
Old 07-06-2003, 07:20 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NATS can only be reprogramed using Consult II at your Nissan Dealer. You must have all your keys with you as it relearns them all at the same time.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:27 AM
VandyZ

By the way, exhaust, grounding kit, intake will not void warranty. But they will give you problems with the ECU mods. Just tell them to reprogram your keys. Make up a good excuse or something. They should not even see the mods because the port for consult is under the drivers side dash.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:19 AM
wavehogger

Default Did some internet research and..

I guess this security immobilizer key system that the BCM controls can like you said be reprogrammed with the CONSULT II computer. It also said if you put in a brand new ECM into the car it would automatically when you turn the ingition on program the key in 10 seconds... but then it says if it doesn't to program them manually.. MY QUESTION is though, how can I be sure this is my problem? What should happen if the key wasn't programmed and I tried to start the car? Would it actually crank over like mine does or would it do nothing when you turned the key?

thanx again
Steven
Old 07-06-2003, 08:53 AM
VandyZ

What did Jet do? Did it ever run? I must have missed your post on the description. Could you fill in the blanks?
Old 07-06-2003, 05:15 PM
wavehogger

Default Here's a copy of my first posting- diff thread

Well I'll make this brief but I was curious if anyone else has had JET do their ECU upgrade and how it has worked out. I was shocked last night when after driving the car 82 miles with the upgraded ECU and making one run (14.11 @ 99.75- and I dogged the start-my bad-so it could have been better) with the ECU only being in the car for a few hours, my car died as I lauched from the tree on my second run. The ECU died right there on the line. I started to launch and then it went dead. The car would turn over but thats it.. I got pulled off the track and towed home...how fun that was... JET said it should have nothing to do with their program but they will look at it Monday and call me to let me know. The main person there was trying to tell me it probably had nothing to do with them and he'll check it out Monday. I hope they make good of this problem. Cause hmm, is it me or is it strange that I had 4k miles on the car and then two hours after their upgrade it dies?

If anyone has had their ECU die either stock or modified let me know so I know if their is something going around.. thanx

Puzzled and without my car for the 4th weekend.. grrrrr
Steven

Daytona Blue, 6-MT Touring.
Worcester, Ma
wavehogger@aol.com
Old 07-06-2003, 05:35 PM
ruquik

one thing to check put your key in the ign switch to the on position, does the security light stay on, if it does the keys have to be programmed with consult