Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Datalogger/Display for 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 07:57 PM
racin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Datalogger/Display for 350Z?

Wondered if there is any information about anyone trying to create a datalogger and display for the 350Z. With so much information being gathered by the computer, especially the models with VDC, it should not be too terribly difficult to gather the info and be able to display it. I'm talking about more than just the engine parameters, but also the brake bias, the steering wheel input, wheel speeds, etc. A perfect unit would be a piggyback engine management programmer that also shows the other data as well as engine functions such as water and air temps, throttle position, etc. Would love to hear any info available.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:52 PM
mrcmotorsports
Banned

We are working on a piggyback ecu that will do datalogging. I don't think it will incorporate all the paramaters that you were looking for but should at a minimum provide ignition advance and fueling parameters. It would be quite a sophisticated unit to record all of those parameters you were thinking of. Anyone else have any input?
Thanks,
Mike
MRC Motorsports
Old 07-13-2003, 04:59 PM
racin

Originally posted by mrcmotorsports
We are working on a piggyback ecu that will do datalogging. I don't think it will incorporate all the paramaters that you were looking for but should at a minimum provide ignition advance and fueling parameters. It would be quite a sophisticated unit to record all of those parameters you were thinking of. Anyone else have any input?
Thanks,
Mike
MRC Motorsports
Check out http://www.davisnet.com/drive/produc....asp?pnum=8220

They have some of the parameters for engine info, but not complete, and none of the ancillary inputs which would give driver specific data, from the VDC system monitors.
Could you email me privately at nick@ntechengineering.com please?
Old 07-13-2003, 06:59 PM
350zdanny

A system that could do that would likely be extremely expensive. The R34 Skyline has a similar computer display to what you're describing, but it doesn't do datalogging from the factory. I don't even think that display is as exhaustive as you want though.

It would be awesome if someone could come up with one. Temps and throttle position are easy, but I'm not sure if wheel speed and brake bias are that easy to log and display. I've never seen it done on a street car.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:23 PM
racin

Well the idea is that the data is already being collected and used by the VDC system, so it is there, the same as any of the other data mentioned. Now somebody has to add those parameters to be able to read it.